• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas Weekly Matchup Discussion is currently (re)Discussing Bowser

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
um... actually bowser imo can beat the snot of of lucas as long as he can get through the camping that will surely happen. Bowser outranges lucas in the ground easy and the upb oos is faster that nearly anything lucas has close. So long as you are patient... I dont see a reason to lose. Especially with the grab release making getting free easy damage that much... easier.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I'd say Lucas beats Bowser but I don't know about that whole grab release stuff. (which I think is a lame way of winning)
I'm not flaming you, but if you don't abuse grab release stuff you are not playing to win, or atleast you have the mentality to think that it's cheap and you don't want to do cheap things to win. Bowser has really bad grab range, if they get grabbed then they deserved to get grab released.

um... actually bowser imo can beat the snot of of lucas as long as he can get through the camping that will surely happen. Bowser outranges lucas in the ground easy and the upb oos is faster that nearly anything lucas has close. So long as you are patient... I dont see a reason to lose. Especially with the grab release making getting free easy damage that much... easier.
However Lucas's aerials(such as Nair) are really hard to deal with when your Bowser. I'd think the matchup is even or slightly in Lucas favor.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
I've personally never had a Bowser Grab release me, could someone tell me how its done? When I'm not playing D3 or Snake, I go with the big loveable misunderstood bonehead XD. I can do really well without a grab release, but it would help since its kinda like D3's CG.

Also, Lucas can't be a good Bowser, theres just nothing for it, Bowser has more power, weight, and sometimes even speed the Lucas.

Top Bottom