• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Shrine

Black/Light

Smash Master
^ Thanx ilabb! That helps alot (^_^). Maybe it could be like Link's stabs or Kriby's pushes. But I have on idea if thats the move cause it's in Japanese (~_~). . .

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Wow,I almost cried at the end of part 10...
Anyway,I WILL cry if he is not in brawl.He is kick@$$,without a doubt.If he does not get in,I will hack the disk,make a replica of its editing program,and reskin someone into Lucario!!!

kaid

Smash Master
Links added to the first post. Thanks everyone who posted info!

Should I replace Metal Claw (<B) with Detect? And if so, how should it work?

Iggy K

Smash Ace
FiErCe_oNi said:
well if u ask me u shuldnt be postin move setss for pokemon that havnt been released yet
Well no one asked you, did they? :) People are just speculating, I don't see why people can't make movesets for him.

Black/Light

Smash Master
FiErCe_oNi said:
well if u ask me u shuldnt be postin move setss for pokemon that havnt been released yet

. . . Umm, his movie has come out (in Japan) and we are getting new info on him all the time. And why shouldn't we? As long as we have enuff info we should be able to speculate as much as we want to.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Diamond/Pearl comes out end of September in Japan, which gives ample time before Brawl for Lucario to be well known with audiences. Regardless, he's been featured in his own movie for nearly a year now, he's been "unveiled" in the US, and he's cameoed in other Pokemon games since he was announced.

I don't think he's unknown. If anybody's unknown, it's that completely ridiculous and "made me laugh my *** off out loud" surprising Electabuzz evolution :lick:

Metal Claw could work well as a Smash, but I don't know if Detect would be the proper Forward B. Forward B's can be something as simple as Pound, or as complex as Dancing Blade (I keep wanting to call it by the Japanese name, Marvelous Combination. It sounds so much cooler :laugh:). So he could have Metal Claw, or he could have something like Detect. Personally, I'm now leaning towards something else entirely: Focus Punch. Now who's with me on that? Basically Ganondorf's Warlock Punch, which would be really fun to see on Lucario. He could be this speedy, jumpy fighter, and then whip out this slow, powerful as hell punch to obliterate those who don't expect it.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
smash ^, uair: backflip iron tail
dair: somersault rolling kick/iron tail
cross chop? bulk up? dynamic (explosive) punch? meteor mash? iron defense?
bair: triple kick
special: brick break - good at breaking shields like marths shield breaker

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
FiErCe_oNi said:
Now THERE'S something good. Giving him Brick Break as a way to smash shields. But as his super special, or just a regular B attack?

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
well i was thinking it could be an add on to that wave guiding bomb if the opponent is close by and gets hit by the slash instead of the projectile

Black/Light

Smash Master
FiErCe_oNi said:
ye but some pokemon could get moves that u would never expect them to have

Well we will post and talk about those moves once they come (^_^). . . like we are going now.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
kaid said:
Links added to the first post. Thanks everyone who posted info!

Should I replace Metal Claw (<B) with Detect? And if so, how should it work?
In the games, Detect is a move that, when used, makes the opponent miss. I don't think Detect would be a good replacement for Metal Claw...

kaid

Smash Master
Shadow Calibur said:
In the games, Detect is a move that, when used, makes the opponent miss. I don't think Detect would be a good replacement for Metal Claw...
Not as an attack, but as defencive, add-extra-lag-to-an-opponent's-attack type move

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
detect should be an attack that makes lucario sense an opponents attack and side step so it doesnt hit him.... o wait! there already is an attack that does that! and it doesnt need to be special

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
kaid said:
Votes for Brick Break? Dynamicpunch? (if we could only get a mechanic for dynamicpunch to interact with humble heart...)
DPunch was another possibility I was thinking of too.

BUT, how about this: we keep your moveset the same :laugh: It was great as it was, seriously. His A attacks could just be altered to become more like a Brick Break or a DPunch or whatever else.

EDIT: Though, I will say, his Up Throw needs to be Seismic Toss, and his Dash A should be Low Kick. It could do more damage to heavier characters :p

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
kaid said:
Fierce Oni aside, does anyone else have a preference?
wat is that supposed to meen

kaid said:
Votes for Brick Break? Dynamicpunch? (if we could only get a mechanic for dynamicpunch to interact with humble heart...)
FiErCe_oNi said:
those 2 moves were my idea

kaid

Smash Master
What it means, it that you were being sarcastic and disrespectful to the idea of Detect. Compare your posts to Fliptroopa's, for a good example of this.

However, despite you beind an asss at times, some of your ideas could have been interesting. Fliptroopa felt differently.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
well sorry. its just detect in the game is the equivalent to doging an attack by side stepping it or jumping over it in other games, like in the anime when the trainers are like "dodge that attack" even though they are attacks with 100 acc in the game.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I enjoyed the movie, for some wierd reason. I watched it last night at like 2 in the morning. Well, what I enjoyed more was the cool mix of cartoon and computer graphics for landscapes and cool camera angles.

But, there's only 2 problems I have with Lucario, both of which cannot really be amended.
1) His body structure is a freakin carbon copy of Mewtwo. Exact same body.
2) Energy ball is the exact same as Mewtwo.
This is all fine, I'm just tired of Mewtwo, he's old-school lameness. He's boring and stale.

If they could find a way to make me NOT think of Mewtwo when I play him, that's fine. You're moveset is interesting. The problem I have is that Lucario is not psychic when he should be, so he's melee basically. Oh well.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Lucario would make a good Mewtwo clone.

Instead of a psycho ball, it's a wave dash ball.

Instead of a teleport, it's called wave-dash.

Instead of disable, it's another fighting move that instills unconsciousness or disability.

Of course, he'd probably be faster and have higher weight than Mewtwo (not that I know what Mewtwo would get to balance that out).

Etc etc.

Only real problem is the tail.

kaid

Smash Master
Kabyk-Greenmyst said:
If they could find a way to make me NOT think of Mewtwo when I play him, that's fine. You're moveset is interesting. The problem I have is that Lucario is not psychic when he should be, so he's melee basically. Oh well.
Well, According to what little official info we have, Lucario's types are Fighting/Steel, and that "shadoball-clone" is actually a fighting type move. ("Wave" in japaneese is Hado, as in Hadoken! from Street Fighter.) The telepathy he demonstrates in the movie is interesting, but there is no evidence it would carry over to the game in any form.

EDIT: Tiamat, you are an idiot.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
kaid said:
Well, According to what little official info we have, Lucario's types are Fighting/Steel, and that "shadoball-clone" is actually a fighting type move. ("Wave" in japaneese is Hado, as in Hadoken! from Street Fighter.) .
According to what little official info we have, Ganondorf's types are magic and dark magic, and that "Warlock Punch" is actually a magic type move. I don't see why they couldn't do the same for Lucario via Mewtwo cloneage if they wanted some extra characters in the game.

kaid

Smash Master
Because Pokemon have much more structure than evil warlocks with the triforce of power. There is no fighting type move equivilant to teleport, ans there is no fighting type moves that work like Disable (a projectile). Confusion MIGHT be replaced with sesmic toss, but that is literally M2's most useless move. (I main M2 at tournies, so don't tell me I'm wrong. the only things comparably crappy is his jab and his foward throw.)

EDIT: besides, according to pokedex data, M2 weighs MORE than Lucario. (More than samus with suit, too.)

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Even if Lucario's shadowball is a different element than Mewtwo's, it would still work similarly and look similar. The fighting/steel did confuse me. At first, I assumed he was at least part psychic like fighting/psychic or maybe even steel/psychic [although i don't see any steel about him].

the problem is we don't see any fighting or steel moves from him, all we see is him using the Wave [buzzes his ear flap things] and the WaveBall.

PS: I don't know anythig about Deoxys, but he looks ********, don't want him in Brawl.

kaid

Smash Master
No, all we see is him doing anime-martial-artist jumps all over the place. The opening scene, jumping out of the spring after throwing Ash so hard he skipped off the water...

Also, Mewtwo's shadowball in melee has an unpredictible path, but the Wave Guiding Bomb (official Pokemon Move Name) seems to move is straght lines, and has some pretty nice priority even when uncharged.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Wow, when did people start saying Lucario would be a M2 clone? Punchs, kicks, steel attacks, fighting type attacks and ablitities like wave using, Humble Heart and inner focus(right name??) don't = Mental attacks with tail whiping. . .

kaid

Smash Master
Kabyk-Greenmyst said:
I enjoyed the movie, for some wierd reason. I watched it last night at like 2 in the morning. Well, what I enjoyed more was the cool mix of cartoon and computer graphics for landscapes and cool camera angles.

But, there's only 2 problems I have with Lucario, both of which cannot really be amended.
1) His body structure is a freakin carbon copy of Mewtwo. Exact same body.
2) Energy ball is the exact same as Mewtwo.
This is all fine, I'm just tired of Mewtwo, he's old-school lameness. He's boring and stale.

This is where.

Then Tiamat came in saying Lucario could be a M2 clone....

Black/Light

Smash Master
Oh. . . Well Tiamat isn't the best of debates (He still hasn't replyed to my Blaziken post) and is fast to yell clone like with Blaziken.

And I guess Kabyk-Greenmyst can't see very well seeing that M2 is like 6'0 and Lucario is 4'something, runs, can run on all 4s and has WAY different attacks includeing the way the Wave guilding bomb works.

("1) His body structure is a freakin carbon copy of Mewtwo. Exact same body.". . .Wth, because they can both stand/ walk on 2 legs and on their toes they have the same exact body?!?!)

Black/Light

Smash Master
kaid said:
I think it's the toes.

Oh. well that still not enuff marit to say something like that.

And Lucario's wave guilding bomb work by going in a line like you said. It could even be the size of a softball( or a bit bigger) and just get brighter to show that it's charged up. It wouldn't grow in size but be faster with a smaller hit box. Thats ONE why it could be different, Im sure there many more.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
I didn't respond to your blaziken post because I decided it'd be fruitless for my goals.

And Lucario's wave guilding bomb work by going in a line like you said. It could even be the size of a softball( or a bit bigger) and just get brighter to show that it's charged up. It wouldn't grow in size but be faster with a smaller hit box. Thats ONE why it could be different, Im sure there many more.
Good! Clones' b moves should have different properties from the original, after all.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Tiamat said:
I didn't respond to your blaziken post because I decided it'd be fruitless for my goals.

Good! Clones' b moves should have different properties from the original, after all.

Well thats good seeing that it seems your "goals" were to show that she would be un-unique or a clone. . .

Dude, look at my other post. . .

And I guess Kabyk-Greenmyst can't see very well seeing that M2 is like 6'0 and Lucario is 4'something, runs, can run on all 4s and has WAY different attacks includeing the way the Wave guilding bomb works..

Wow, when did people start saying Lucario would be a M2 clone? Punchs, kicks, steel attacks, fighting type attacks and ablitities like wave using, Humble Heart and inner focus(right name??) don't = Mental attacks with tail whiping. . ...
And guess what? Samus had the chargable projectile attack before M2 got in so couldn't they make his unique too? ? ? ?

Top Bottom