• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Shrine

Black/Light

Smash Master
Tiamat, theres 7 Mario characters in melee and(if none are tooken out) 8 in brawl that we know of. But they will most likely drop Doc so 7-8(8+) in brawl is likely.
(Im counting Doc, Peach, Mario, Lugie(SP), DK, Browser and Yoshi)

And pokemon has been said to be, to this day, Nintendo's 2nd highest selling series/ title so why not have a closer number of characters to Mario's?

Oh, and 40 brawl characters makes, from melee to brawl,15 NEW characters with a X number of melee characters getting the boot or being replaced. So we only really know that 15+ characters will be added and not the totle number.

I see that you seem to be in the posting mood, why not reply to my post about Blaziken on the starters topic? I feel that I explained enuff of why she would be unique in my latest reply to you. . .I would like your feed back seeing that you tried to discredit my other post about her (^_^).

BUT, back to Lucario! Does anyone else like my last idea about useing Humble Heart in brawl or have any other ideas about how to use it?

TheSmashBro06

Smash Cadet
Maybe Humble Heart could be used when someone uses a special on Lucario, he becomes faster for a few seconds.

kaid

Smash Master
Well, I suggested a possible mechanic, but it seems a bit strong to include unless most the charaters have some sort of ability. (Link's shield, Peach's float, Gannondorf and Luigi's taunts, Samus's extended grapple, ect)

Black/Light

Smash Master
kaid said:
Well, I suggested a possible mechanic, but it seems a bit strong to include unless most the charaters have some sort of ability. (Link's shield, Peach's float, Gannondorf and Luigi's taunts, Samus's extended grapple, ect)

Well, Im guessing if the divs wanted uniqueness for each character than they would give a number of them SOME kind of ability.

That sounds like a good idea if mixed with my last one.

kaid

Smash Master
I think Humble heart would be difficult to incorporate into Brawl, without becoming overpowered. I mean, we're comparing it to luigi's tauntafter all.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Humble Heart could just be a name they give to his recovery attack. I doubt they'd incorporate as it actually is in Pokemon. But if they have him, say, get knocked over the edge, but he recovers (which I *guess* is like flinching?), his attack climbing up is really fast. Or I guess they maybe could make it so he react to knockback attacks very quickly. As in, there's no lag?

kaid

Smash Master
FlipTroopa said:
Or I guess they maybe could make it so he react to knockback attacks very quickly. As in, there's no lag?
...THAT could be interesting...

he can break out of combos because there's no hitstun? So if shiek tried chainthrowing him, she'd get a facefull of dair every time?

Black/Light

Smash Master
sonic&shadow said:
wow I really like the effort making this, but he probably won't make it though I like the thread

. . . Look at the frist page, it shows how popular he is. And he also has a large and fast growing fan-base.

Chances are he will make the cut.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Great idea, very uniqe character, popular, and can advertise the upcoming fourth pokemon generation, though I'd just like to see Deoxys more.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Iggy K said:
Great idea, very uniqe character, popular, and can advertise the upcoming fourth pokemon generation, though I'd just like to see Deoxys more.

. . . Why not both? I want Blaziken, Lucario AND Deoxy in with Pichu(And maybe M2) getting the replaced with a 2nd gen /or and (if M2 gos)a 4th gen pokemon.

kaid

Smash Master
Mewtwo should NOT be replaced. He has a unique moveset and is the only clear villian from Pokemon. (Meowth is more comic relief)

Black/Light

Smash Master
Thats why I said MAYBE because if they dont make him ALOT better then they should give Deoxy theonly pokemon villian title.

And who said anything about Meowth?

kaid

Smash Master
Oh, Deoxis is a villian too? How many humans did he murder?

Meowth is only really considered becuase of his role in Team Rocket, which doesn't count as Villianhood.

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . .Who said anything about Meowth? And Deoxy is a space VIRUS that started f### everything up in the movie so he was the villian of that movies.

kaid

Smash Master
I mentioned Meowth.

And I still say Mewtwo has seniority. Not that I'm against Deoxy, but I AM against losing Mewtwo. (He's my main.)

EDIT: 100th Reply in this thread! Wooo!

GenG

Smash Lord
Black/Light said:
. . . .Who said anything about Meowth? And Deoxy is a space VIRUS that started f### everything up in the movie so he was the villian of that movies.
No he wasn't! He was actually searching his friend! A meteorite crushed on Earth with two crystals. These crystals were two Deoxys. The first one awake and fought against Rayquaza (Rayquaza though they were strangers and he considers the Earth as his territory). The first one lost and became frozen under a glaciar, and the second one remained as a crystal and was taken to the city.

Years later the first one breaks the ice to start searching his friend. He actually does weird things, like kidnapping all humans in the city and reuniting them in a single place to amplify his searching aura (humans made a interference signal with it), but everything to find his friend.

Then both Deoxys go to inner space again. The end.

kaid

Smash Master
kaid said:
he can break out of combos because there's no hitstun? So if shiek tried chainthrowing him, she'd get a facefull of dair every time?
On second thought, either there would need to be SOME stun (say, half normal) or Lucario would need to be absurdly light. otherwise he would ALWAYS be able to trade blows with people, unless he was knocked out of range.

Black/Light

Smash Master
kaid said:
On second thought, either there would need to be SOME stun (say, half normal) or Lucario would need to be absurdly light. otherwise he would ALWAYS be able to trade blows with people, unless he was knocked out of range.

Well, seeing that Lucario is half steel type he shouldn't be light (Is 119lbs light in this game?) so I guess thats a no go.

And we also know that he has "Detect" as a move in D/P. . . But I forgot what it does. . .

kaid

Smash Master
Detect is the 5 PP Fighting type version of Protect. Prevent the attack that turn.

...hmm. Detect as a <B and Endure as vB...

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
First off, I wanna kill all the Mewtwo hatred here and now. Okay, so he may not be easy to pick up, but he's a ridiculously powerful character in the proper hands. His aerial evades turn him invisible, and his teleport is so easy to control and has a great distance to it that you can't help but use it confuse your opponent. His fair and dair are wonderful, his nair is great for breaking combos, his >B can completely screw people over from recovering, and his up throw is GOD. Find a guy between 90-100% or above, and up throw him. He's toast. Mewtwo's down b is just for show, but good for stopping headstrong players, and his Shadow Ball is a fantastic way to steal KOs in ffas. 1v1, it's all about defense, but in ffas, Mewtwo is the KO Stealing MASTER.

Seriously: watch a video with a person who knows Mewtwo playing. It's almost incredible they allowed him to be so CHEAP, not weak. Trust me: one of my pals in our circle is a HUGE Mewtwo pro, and he's nigh unstoppable when he gets on a roll. Just because some "pro" told you Mewtwo isn't good because that "pro" can't use him to WaveDash or break Sheik's chaingrab combo doesn't mean he's a crap character. Tiers don't exist outside of tournament level play, let's be real here. And Mewtwo thrives in regular battles. I know this for a fact.

...ANYWAYS, Detect could make for an interesting move... Something where he superguards and completely ignores the attack, or maybe something where he does that but also auto-counters? I can still see Lucario being light, btw, because despite his Steel type, he has a light frame (and Mewtwo weighs more than he does *natch*), and I can picture him being fairly fast with quick falls and high jumps, meaning he'll likely be light in that scenario.

kaid

Smash Master
FlipTroopa said:
First off, I wanna kill all the Mewtwo hatred here and now. Okay, so he may not be easy to pick up, but he's a ridiculously powerful character in the proper hands.
I wouldn't go so far to say ridiculusly powerful... I play M2 competitively, and can consistantly hold my own against some of the Foxes and Falcons out there... but not the better ones. Yes, I dominate newbs, but then, what pro doesnt?

EDIT: and detect could work like spore, except that stopping an attack ends the move INSTATLY, allowing you to counter with any move you can hit with.

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . .Ok, I hope your both happy. . .

ANYWAY, back to Lucario. M2 was light because he had that whole"I don't give a F### about walking, I flot" thing going for him so that why he was light. Now, we know Pika is light but look at his heavyness (13lbs http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pikachu) and Lucario is 119. . . That should take him out if the light group.

I think he will be heavyer/ as heavy as Fox but not as fast. Could be around Falco or Sheik speed.

kaid

Smash Master
...I wish M2 was the 269 lbs he was in pokemon... still floaty, like samus (198 lbs with suit), but with the mass to take heavy hits.

And I agree with the weight/speed thing for Lucario.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
It is weird that Melee completely ignored Mewtwo being really heavy and physically powerful. They just went with how they felt he should work; he's obviously based more on the anime than the games.

At least his height is still roughly the same as the games :laugh:

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
FiErCe_oNi said:
na, in the anime he is stronger than he is in the game. mewtwo should be made more powerful in ssbb.
But in the anime, Mewtwo never fought hand to hand, nor did he ever really walk. His entire persona in Melee is based on how he was in that movie.

Black/Light

Smash Master
FlipTroopa said:
But in the anime, Mewtwo never fought hand to hand, nor did he ever really walk. His entire persona in Melee is based on how he was in that movie.

And the entire meaning of this topic is to talk about Lucario. . . .

kaid

Smash Master
Hey, going off topic is how we keep the topic bumped. I've lost count of the number of thines the Krystal thread has gone off on tangents, ant it's the longest thread on this board!

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . .O.K, lets talk abouit Mewtwo (I dont care, it's your topic. . .but why keep a topic bumped if it doesn't talk about the title?)

In melee Mew2 was large/ slow and light which is a VERY bad combu. This needs to be changed seeing that he is a huge target and can be popped off the stage with lil effurt. THATS why I think he should be made better in brawl OR replaced by Deoxys. . .

kaid

Smash Master
We can go back to Lucario when someone actually has something to say.

M2's large size also gives him some good reach, but his weight was definately lacking.

NukeA6

Smash Master
FlipTroopa said:
His entire persona in Melee is based on how he was in that movie.
Mewtwo seemed more evil in Melee than he was in the movie.

Top Bottom