• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

AfroSkull

Smash Cadet
I agree with Ice, when I read it it made me cheese so hard.
Great point: "so basically taylorH, vaughn, and diego are the only qualified people to run tournaments."(not only, but well respected and highly qualified)
I will make sure to get in contact with all of those individuals prior to setting anything in stone.
Also, I want to make one thing clear I promise nothing will be goinging in my pockets.
My reason for doing this: I am a teacher/professor and a lot of my students are socially awkward/shy/nerdz and so forth but I have introduced many to PM and now Melee they love it and have found a community they fit in, I have found that as well. I want them to know that they don't have to be a bystanders or outliers of that community that they can help shape it too.

Last edited:

TFerg

Smash Apprentice
I think he was joking. There are also the Laffy TOs Ben and Risk, and Me and TC do bi-weeklies. Howard also helps out on occasion. Ryck and Justin for Godlikes etc. There's a lot of ppl

AfroSkull

Smash Cadet
I think he was joking. There are also the Laffy TOs Ben and Risk, and Me and TC do bi-weeklies. Howard also helps out on occasion. Ryck and Justin for Godlikes etc. There's a lot of ppl
I think I know he was kidding.? I was kidding as well for the True statement partition, since I am trying to host one as well I would be unqualified by my own statment: I will edit to make more clear. I have no doubt there are a great group of people hosting tournaments I have not met yet.

Last edited:

TFerg

Smash Apprentice
Lol no dude don't apologize or change anything that was just me being really oblivious to your continuation of the joke lmao

Last edited:

Broccoli

Smash Cadet
Hey guys,

Gonna be in NO from the 15th to the 19th. Any tournaments / friendlies going on between then for Project M? Would like to smash somewhere outside of NY. See what NO has got.

Last edited:

Guzzler Guzzler

Melee Elitist
Copy and pasting this from facebook

Ok guys last post about tshirts! If you haven't bought a tshirt please reconsider =) the deadline to make an order is Sunday. We're currently sitting at 40 shirt orders and are 8 away from a price break. This means that the pot bonus for The People's Tournament: The Second could potentially go from ~$396 to ~$557. Even if you don't like the design this is a really good way of investing in the community. If you don't live near baton rouge/aren't in the area and are interested in getting a shirt, message me and we can paypal (I will mail you the shirt once it arrives).

Link to Tshirt design

Last edited:

Broccoli

Smash Cadet
Did you get an answer? If not did you check our FB page?

I tried looking for a FB page but the only one I found had like 10 people in it, not sure if that was the correct one or if the scene is just small in NO.

But no, I got no answer. Could you link me to the FB page? Thanks!

TFerg

Smash Apprentice
There aren't currently any tournaments or scheduled friendlies planned for that time, but I'm sure you could find some folks to play. NO is mostly Melee but there are a good bit of PM players too.

Broccoli

Smash Cadet
Last edited:

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
TO THE PEOPLE OF NOLA:

There's a couple of really awesome Smashers (MJG and Shaky) looking for housing this weekend, starting Friday, as they are looking to make a trip down to New Orleans. Would anyone be able to help these guys out? I can vouch that they are pretty chill dudes. They're primarily Smash 4 players, but are really just looking for a place to stay this weekend for their Spring break.

Guzzler Guzzler

Melee Elitist
LSU Smash is currently in the process of trying to schedule a tournament for next month, aside from that I don't think anyone is running tournaments in Baton Rouge at this time

Novaa

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hi_iM_Ked
Me and Taylor are looking into some venues at the moment. It will probably take a few weeks to get something going, but a weekly/bi-weekly will definitely be returning to BR soon.
Great Bro, I'll look foward to it.

AfroSkull

Smash Cadet
MAybe its nothing but I been practicing my WiiG and can now pull off an under FD quite consistently
But besides working on my terrible L-Cancel percentage any useful tips on improving the Luigi game

Last edited:

_D._

Smash Apprentice
Can I house with anyone going to aftershock? My cell is 2253337409

Top Bottom