• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Fooling around with ledge mechanics and I learned that in Smash 4, nearly every character is programmed with a like 15-frame lag window upon grabbing a ledge in which no control stick options will register. All the other buttons will register instantly, which makes it seem like intentional design to prevent people from grabbing the ledge, dropping down and throwing out an aerial to edgeguard. I tried it with half the characters, and the only exception was pikachu, whose lag seems to be about 3 frames.

NightRaid|tAmA?

Smash Cadet
Fooling around with ledge mechanics and I learned that in Smash 4, nearly every character is programmed with a like 15-frame lag window upon grabbing a ledge in which no control stick options will register. All the other buttons will register instantly, which makes it seem like intentional design to prevent people from grabbing the ledge, dropping down and throwing out an aerial to edgeguard. I tried it with half the characters, and the only exception was pikachu, whose lag seems to be about 3 frames.
It's not lag ( kind is ). Whenever a character grabs the ledge he/she can't act until their invincibility is gone.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Lag or not, the point is it only affects control stick inputs, so it's clearly meant to prevent quick movement from the ledge.

BSP

Smash Legend
As with trumping, they really want you to jump out for edgeguards as opposed to using the ledge in any way.

Meh.

NightRaid|tAmA?

Smash Cadet
As with trumping, they really want you to jump out for edgeguards as opposed to using the ledge in any way.

Meh.
It's not that bad it makes you put in work for that stock which I enjoy a little buttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt The trumping is annoying.

Last edited:

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
Smash 4 is the strangest game. I don't know how I feel about the game.

It's so awkward...

Top Bottom