• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Rhyme_

Smash Rookie
Its probably not ideal but if you change the c stick to do tilts instead of smashes it works like normal for aerials. Apparently smashes out of shield are harder though for obvious reasons.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Guys check out this new advance tech, I call it Turaz blocking.

When you're about to get hit, you press the shoulder buttons on your gamecube controller.

No need to thank me for my great advancement to the metagame.

That kind of logic.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I hated Marvel 3 though I tried to like it.

And why must a lot of things be safe? As I was mentioning in another thread, some games like Tekken have little in the way of safe techniques.
Ice man has a point about your constant allusions to other fighting games. Smash is fundamentally different from other fighters. I don't get the impression that you have a very good grasp of competitive smash theory. Because of the ring out system,a large part of the strategy in competitive smash is about trying to work your way into a position of advantage. For that reason, there has been a greater emphasis in past installments on applying pressure. Applying pressure was good in the other games because you could do so while remaining relatively (but not 100%) safe. Thus part of the neutral meta involved both establishing and breaking pressure. But pressure options are terrible in this game. You can't really try to apply pressure in this game unless you have a projectile. And while I understand that this is a new game and all that jazz, the lack of pressure options makes the neutral meta less rigorous, and less fun. The variety of options in the past games made more avenues of advancement in skill, that's why reads and mixups are so heavily prized. But with less options comes less things you have to be good at to win, and when players come to a new game accustomed to having a lot of options and a lot of things to get good at only to find that that game has substantially less, playing the game becomes less interesting.

There's nothing wrong with changing the formula of the meta, so long as that formula includes options to make competitive play interesting. Right now, I feel like a lot of the neutral game in Smash 4 is literally trying to guess what your opponent will do, and if you guess wrong you absolutely will get punished for it. A lot of forum scrubs like to call that scenario an inability to read your opponent, but that's just flat out wrong. Reading your opponent implies that you're familiar with their style, but of course not everybody plays with the same style. In previous games, the safety of pressure options allowed players to feel out their opponent without overcommiting, and thus you could learn some stuff about your opponent's playstyle without having to get your hands dirty. But right now, pressure options are so terrible that getting a feel for you opponent is trial by fire. It's so unsafe to do anything in this game that the only time you can gain a feel for your opponent's playstyle is after he's already punished you like 3 times for it. And that is incredibly detrimental to light characters who can't take too many hits and also detrimental to characters who struggle with kill moves and setups, since it gives the opponent more opportunities to learn your style.

Last edited:

heyitshoward

Smash Apprentice
Guys check out this new advance tech, I call it Turaz blocking.

When you're about to get hit, you press the shoulder buttons on your gamecube controller.

No need to thank me for my great advancement to the metagame.

That kind of logic.
god bless you trey
without you we'd still be playing smash without shields in the swamps
you inventing the turaz block and dope inventing the Legendary Dope Cancel truly revolutionized the face of our metagame

×MÁR× the best diddy

Smash Apprentice
November 21st, 2014: Amiibos are created with a hard cap of 50 levels, where they learn and adapt to players' behaviors

June 15th, 2015: Amiibos can now reach level 100. Soon after there is no hard cap on levels.

August 4th, 2015: A WiiU has connected to the United States nuclear missle command via unknown means, believed to be by employees playing Smash on Saturday game nights.

August 29th, 2015: Having learned the strengths and weaknesses of the major players and world powers, Amiibo learns its best chance at winning is to start a global nuclear strike against major population centers, where the best Smash players reside. Judgement Day.

2028. The son of Mango leads a revolution against Amiibo, culminating at Final Destination. Humans are victorious, Fox is still best in Melee, yet still no Ridley.

'V'

Smash Lord
They don't even have it on WiiU yet.
You do know there IS such a thing as imported consoles and games, right? Also the balance changes, designs, and mechanics are still the same going from 3DS to Wii U. The only differences are literally the stages and controllers.

I don't think of it as a "tier list" per se, but more of a usage guide for now.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
You do know there IS such a thing as imported consoles and games, right? Also the balance changes, designs, and mechanics are still the same going from 3DS to Wii U. The only differences are literally the stages and controllers.

I don't think of it as a "tier list" per se, but more of a usage guide for now.
There are currently differences between the current build of 3DS and Wii U.

Also the stages are different.

Testing cockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockock

Last edited:

Sudai

Stuff here
No, he was testing

cockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockcockock

Quite different.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Are you... are you testing ****?
You can't say ****. But if you put some uncensored "word" after ****, it doesn't get blocked. Like cockock, for example.

So then I thought... If cockock is uncensored, can I put cockock after ****? And then cockcockock after ****, etc.

Yams Everywhere

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1934-0304
I doubt people are going to start doing this as a standard in tournaments. It's way too much of a hassle to get the smooth lander equipment for EVERY character on EVERY wii u. Not only that but the smooth lander effect gives you different bonuses to your stats, so people have to get another badge just to cancel the affects of the smooth lander badge out.

P.S. It looks really fun and exciting though.

Last edited:

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Well I imagine that once a 100% save file gets released people could have all that stuff unlocked for them. We used to do that all the time at tournaments when Brawl first started and some people didn't have all the characters. All you needed was an SD card. I wonder if save files can still be imported in the same way on Wii U.

Last edited:

Yams Everywhere

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1934-0304
I still feel like having equipment would alter the dynamic of the game a little too much. People play smash 4 for smash 4, and if they want to make smash 4 more like melee, they might as well just play melee (or pm).

heyitshoward

Smash Apprentice
yea i mean people totally liked brawl for brawl, if they wanted to play melee they woulda played melee instead

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I still feel like having equipment would alter the dynamic of the game a little too much. People play smash 4 for smash 4, and if they want to make smash 4 more like melee, they might as well just play melee (or pm).
People like to say "play the game for what it is" but the test of time has shown that the most popular smash games are the ones that are like Melee. Melee got even bigger than it previously was despite Brawl being released, and Brawl now is even less popular than P:M. That's not to say that Melee's the best (although you all know that's what I think), but it is to say that the Melee style has been the most historically successful and beneficial to the growth of the community and the popularity of the competitive scene.

Personally, I'd be down to play Brawl Minus in tournaments, but no one will listen when I talk about how fun it is.

Last edited:

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
We want Chinese Inn we want Chinese Inn
I'll have to talk with my buddy David about it to work out a schedule because he usually uses the place for
weekly DnD's since the tourneys subsided. I doubt he'd ahave a problem with it and I have been looking to
get back in the scene eventually.

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
I see nothing wrong with custom special moves. However because they are such a freaking hassle to get I don't know about them being legal simply for the fact that some won't have it. Maybe if like at least one setup had all of them unlocked maybe (I'm getting there). I watched Gimir and Apostle do high gravity and smooth landing today and It looked cool. I do think It's people trying to hard to turn this game into melee. But maybe a side event it would be awesome. Honestly, if there was real SDI, and the new ledge mechanic was gone. I'd be happy with smash 4.

NightRaid|tAmA?

Smash Cadet
I doubt people are going to start doing this as a standard in tournaments. It's way too much of a hassle to get the smooth lander equipment for EVERY character on EVERY wii u. Not only that but the smooth lander effect gives you different bonuses to your stats, so people have to get another badge just to cancel the affects of the smooth lander badge out.

P.S. It looks really fun and exciting though.
not a hassle to get but a hassle to nerf characters. I haven't reached 10 post yet soo I currently can't show you the vid on getting smooth landing. the stuggle of making a new account

edit : I'll be back with 10 post soon

Last edited:
Top Bottom