• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So I played smash 3DS for the first time last Saturday. And I'm very confused on how aerial landing works in this game. Now granted I only played 4 matches and those 4 matches are the only matches I've ever played lol. But It was really weird. I couldn't decide whether the game wanted me to auto cancel or just to land them. I tried to auto cancel Wario's Nair but there was some good lag at the end. But when I just fast felled it, the landing lag was almost as if I just pulled of an L cancel! And I am so not down with the new ledge mechanic where people can just take the ledge from you whenever they want. I love to take the ledge from fools. Punish them for not recovering properly ya know? And that whole part of the ledge play is just thrown out the window with this new "Oh im just gonna snatch the ledge from you even though I have no jumps and I'm helpless." mechanic, it really seems to dumb down one of the key mechanics that makes smash different from traditional fighters which is ledge play. Yeah there's still edge guarding but all I've really seen is people just YOLOing off the stage to try to hit their opponent. I'll just have to see when the Wii U version comes out.
Be on the ground more.

@deanelazab

Smash Rookie
I will be in town to help with the tournament again this month, I heard there will be a smash 4 tournament is it going to be streamed?

'V'

Smash Lord
He's at Disney World. Not sure when he's getting back. Not sure if he wants people messing with it either.

The stage list I used for the most recent Cove was BF, FD, and YI for starters. Prism Tower for counterpick. Most Omega stages can substitute for FD, so modified DSR can be used as well as stage striking. No stage bans.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Should I start popping popcorn for this or are we not going to start another Melee vs the smash world war?

×MÁR× the best diddy

Smash Apprentice
starts fight: Smash 4 is better than brawl brawl is better than melee why are you guys still playing a game 20 years old? I vote all topics involving melee be moved to the virtual console forum. Whose ready to start the smash 4 circuit??? Bomber. You in this????

'V'

Smash Lord
Melee is actually 13 years old thank you very much.

Also, we still play Melee for the same reason that people STILL play Third Strike, Marvel 2, Soul Calibur 2, and ANY old good retro game that isn't even a fighter (speedrunners are big on these): Because it's good. It's called replay value, dawg.

What a terrible way to start an argument (on purpose, nonetheless).

Last edited:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Whose ready to start the smash 4 circuit??? Bomber. You in this????
Honestly, I don't want to do really any TOing still (or mess with any kind of circuit for that matter). I'm still in the mood of being a player. I liked playing in P:M at the last LAGG yourny, I miss the freedom and adrenaline rush that comes from playing others in a match.

starts fight: Smash 4 is better than brawl brawl is better than melee why are you guys still playing a game 20 years old? I vote all topics involving melee be moved to the virtual console forum.
I take the stance, that no matter which smash game it is, I'm going to play it. I may not play one as competitively as the other(s), but I look at it this way: Smash is fun to me and no one can take that away from me. I'm having fun with the 3DS version and I'm sure I'll have just as much fun with the WiiU version. It's just all about preference, you know?

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
Melee will always and forever be a godly game, except for ONE thing: you can't change controls.

PM is just an abomination though...

People judging smash 4 before it hits a real console lol...

That's all that needs to be said for the past few months :D

'V'

Smash Lord
We obviously shouldn't be deterring each other from playing what we want to play. In our own minds it shouldn't matter how "old" or how "bad" a game is as long as we're enjoying it for ourselves. We should treat everyone else with the same respect in which games they want to play as well. I'm giving Smash 4 a legitimate shot. If it turns out to not be what I want it to be, then I'll play other games. If you want to play Smash 4 regardless of whatever the consensus may be, then more power to you.

Also, I've recently been adopted by Level 482 Gaming, a local gaming team here in LA. They're working on setting up streams and a YouTube channel for multiple tournament fighters, including Smash at some point. Check them out on Twitter (https://twitter.com/lvl482) and follow them on their Twitch channel (http://www.twitch.tv/level482gaming).

I also have a Twitter if you just wanna follow me: https://twitter.com/VforExtreme12

VVB

SD Champ
Honestly, I don't want to do really any TOing still (or mess with any kind of circuit for that matter). I'm still in the mood of being a player. I liked playing in P:M at the last LAGG yourny, I miss the freedom and adrenaline rush that comes from playing others in a match.
Are you coming to RofL3? We actually need to meet for once :D.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

there is no point in melee players complaining about smash4 like there is no point in melee players complaining about a new tekkan or street fighter game. when brawl came out, we were all afraid that our scene would be killed by a stupid game that shouldnt be competitive, so we tried to convince everyone to stay away. it is obvious now that the melee scene isnt going anywhere so theres no point in trying to convince people that new smash is bad. you can play what ever ****ty game you want, who cares.

artofskjet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
napperflames
3DS FC
4141-3810-2708
We obviously shouldn't be deterring each other from playing what we want to play. In our own minds it shouldn't matter how "old" or how "bad" a game is as long as we're enjoying it for ourselves. We should treat everyone else with the same respect in which games they want to play as well. I'm giving Smash 4 a legitimate shot. If it turns out to not be what I want it to be, then I'll play other games. If you want to play Smash 4 regardless of whatever the consensus may be, then more power to you.

Also, I've recently been adopted by Level 482 Gaming, a local gaming team here in LA. They're working on setting up streams and a YouTube channel for multiple tournament fighters, including Smash at some point. Check them out on Twitter (https://twitter.com/lvl482) and follow them on their Twitch channel (http://www.twitch.tv/level482gaming).

I also have a Twitter if you just wanna follow me: https://twitter.com/VforExtreme12
I feel the same way that's why i've been ignoring the thread. With negative opinions flying everywhere I feel like just sitting there and doing absolutely nothing. Congrats on getting adopted or rather sponsored.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Are you coming to RofL3? We actually need to meet for once :D.
Most likely not. I'm trying to get myself moved back to BR 100% and get settled in. I'm currently at that phase where I'm going on job interviews. By next semester, I'm looking to start Smashing again - maybe getting smashed in the process. lol.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
That's the most Taylor post I've ever read. Says nobody should care and everyone should play their own game, still takes the time to call a game ****ty. This is great.

Last edited:

BSP

Smash Legend
Sigh, so what's wrong with Smash 4 besides it being too slow, not enough combos, no edge hogging, too powerful shield, and multiple air dodges?

I've been enjoying it so far. I've gotten more FLUDD KOs in the past week than I did throughout all of brawl. It's pretty much a straight upgrade to brawl.

Which leads to the fact that if you like melee for being melee, don't waste your time with Smash 4.

I still think the game will get more aggro once people can actually control their characters and abuse the airdodge landing lag.

Last edited:

Turazrok

Smash Master
There's no break the target, game is buggy in the bad way.

I mean did they even playtest it?

How do you miss the wario + yoshi **** that people find on day 1?

I'm not even talking about the esoteric stuff, things like teleporting off an up-b from ledge jump is so dumb, how do you miss that?
Or wario vectoring to his death off of any hit?

I'm sure the game is fun to play, and I've had fun playing it with friends. But is it a GOOD game?

My 2 cents.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
He's at Disney World. Not sure when he's getting back. Not sure if he wants people messinget with it either.
Which tournament is this for and when? I will be back Saturday mid to late afternoon. I'm sure @ 'V' 'V' could use it but that's if he's even going and/or involved in the smash4 side of things.

'V'

Smash Lord
There's no break the target
Sure there is. "Target Smash", yo!!

Which tournament is this for and when? I will be back Saturday mid to late afternoon. I'm sure @ 'V' 'V' could use it but that's if he's even going and/or involved in the smash4 side of things.
It's Monthly Godlike in Metairie, Nick. Starts at 1 p.m. I'll be there playing Smash 4 Singles, P:M Doubles, and Melee Doubles. I'll also be running Mario Kart 8 and MAYBE playing P4A Ultimax.

Last edited:

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
It's Monthly Godlike in Metairie, Nick. Starts at 1 p.m. I'll be there playing Smash 4 Singles, P:M Doubles, and Melee Doubles. I'll also be running Mario Kart 8 and MAYBE playing P4A Ultimax.
Oh yeah that's tomorrow? Not gonna happen for me sadly. Got a 6 hour drive tomorrow with the fam just to get home... But you know what to do. ;P

Magi_

Smash Apprentice
pretty sure I won't be able to make it to godlike, rofl is still in the works.

(I really only wanted to post just so I can see my new signature)

Last edited:

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys I'm new her. I think my Smash for 3DS play is really good and i want to challenge people who really know their stuff. I've played Denti before in Brawl and it was pretty close, only like a 2 stock in both games. I'm gonna try to make it out to a "tourney" soon when the game gets more popular, but right now I'm really being online only. My parents don't like strangers so i try to keep them separated from my personal life all the time. anyways, please consider giving me your fc(stands for friend cod, you silly goose) and i'll be sure to play you with all i have. in the words of ike, prepare yourself and may the force be with you cuz lul who dusn't like star wars, m i rite?

Sudai

Stuff here
That's cool and all but getting 2 stocked in Brawl in both games isn't "pretty close." Even in Melee that wouldn't be pretty close.

That whole post reads as kinda trolly though.

Top Bottom