• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
I have the recordings that were put on stream (at least most of them except for some near the beginning while we set up the stream) so I'll cut it up and put it where it needs to be. However, the sound was not piped into the local recordings from xsplit (like i would even know why that is) so I may have to add some music tracks or leave it silent unless I can retrieve the corresponding audio.

D

Deleted member

P:M singles

1: Infinity
2: Denti
3: Dope
4: Lee
5: Avery
5: Drinking Food
7: JNig
7: Austin
9: Vaughn
9: Ricky
9: TaylorHJ
9: Luck
13: Andrew
13: Xandre
13: Bombitty
13: H
17: Fake George
17: Magi_
17: Terrill
17: Revans
17: Zizaziz
17: ASL | M3T
17: Blake
17: ASL | BSL
25: Wiggins
25: TRC | Blaise
25: ASL | Cubelarooso
25: Smugleaf
25: TRC | LaBeast
25: RJ
25: WhoAmI
25: Murdock
33: Rex
33: Unknown
33: Squall
33: DiZ
33: Ira
33: Ffvimp
33: ASL | Jeth
33: Kedreck

P:M Teams

1: Infinity and Denti
2: Dope and Luck
3: Austin and Avery
4: Blake and H
5: Tim and Taylor
5: DF and RJ
7: Revans and Andrew
7: Blaise and LA Beast
9: Lowness and John
9: Bombitty and WhoAmI?!?!
9: Trey and ASL | M3T
9: Vaughn and Roni
13: EG Hotfire and Mikey
13: ASL | Cubelarooso and ASL | Jeff
13: Murdock and Unknown

Melee singles

1: Dope
2: Lee
3: TaylorHJ
4: Freddy
5: Avery
5: Tim
7: JNig
7: Pritch
9: Brandon
9: James
9: Pops
9: Vaughn
13: RJ
13: Andrew
13: Ran
13: Austin
17: Kenny
17: Darkseer
17: Griff
17: Tachyon
17: Trey
17: Aaron
17: Dylan
17: Murdock
25: Zylo
25: TRC | Oath
25: EG Hotfire
25: Nick
25: Ricky
25: Zizaziz
25: Wiggins
25: Domnot
33: Grace
33: TRC | Blaise
33: CaptainWorkout
33: DiZ
33: Roni
33: Meed
33: Unknown
33: John
33: MakinaSeven
33: TRC | LaBeast
33: Xandre
33: Bode

Melee teams

1: Tim and Taylor
2: Austin and Avery
3: Dope and Luck
4: Freddy and Li-D
5: Andrew and Griff
5: James and Brandon
7: DF and RJ
7: Pritch and Tachyon
9: MakinaSeven and CaptianWorkout
9: Vaughn and Roni
9: Lowness and John
9: Lee and Grace
13: DrakeSmith and MagnusLam
13: Murdock and Unknown
13: Domnot and Nick
13: Wiggins Xkcp

r0ni

Smash Cadet
I haven't been on here in over a year. I don't have to put my 2 cents in because everyone knows how I feel already the only thing I have to say is the runner of the whole tournament came up to me and said ( I don't know this was this Eric dude or not so I'm not calling anyone out) "don't start anything at my event" I imediatly wanted to beat the living **** out of you for coming say that and not even try to help with the situation. Thanks for all my friends who had my back and it was good seeing everyone but man frauds need to learn how to host an event.

I traveled from my home and funded 60 plus dollars to this thing when I could have used that for my FAMILY but instead I help the community out and you want to dq me for playing a match at YOUR event ?? There was no limit to how many event a person can enter . If I were outside smoking our something then yea I deserve the dq but I was playing a tournement match !!! So all and all I was either getting my money back for my dq or the whole event. I was not in the wrong AT ALL. Thank you to all my friends who supported me and **** you to all against me

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I just realized if I had taken off today too, I could have stayed in Br two more nights
and tomorrow's classes for us were canceled today
if only we were psychics

i can only be asked to play PM so many times though
Would you rather play brawl?
I'm sure RJ would oblige you

Where is the results thread? I only have vague notes on who is in each video
DON'T LET ME DOWN MAN I NEED TO SEE THOSE VIDEOS ASAP
more out of boredom than anything
no pressure or anything
but like, please
I can totally fill you in on who played in all the ROB videos
protip: it was me

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

i dont have to play brawl or pm lol.

the only reason i play pm is for tournament money.

lost all drive after losing melee though. just wanted to go home and be sad

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
time to start preparing, cash wise
maybe I should ebay my WiiU for like 250$ so I have money for this
If any of you know someone that wants a WiiU with Monster Hunter TriU, I'd be willing to go to 200$, which is cheaper than you can probably get the combo at gamestop. it's in perfect condition.
also taylor admittedly sunday is a pretty bad day for us, it makes getting back in time for classes difficult
i'll have to check the dates for our spring break maybe it happens to fall on the first weekend of that

EDIT: nvm I'm ******** that's just before mardi gras, sunday is a perfect day in that case

@ Metmetm3t Metmetm3t what's the ETA on those videos anyways

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

tis indeed why i picked that day. hopefully wont interrupt any mardigras plans anyone has also

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Havent been to a Shrimp before, but Im assuming its just Melee and PM right?
yes
you should come
I'd be willing to bet wiggins would bring you down here to meet with us, where we would all carpool to pick up RJ in pineville
actually it'd probably be better for you to meet us in Alex if you have transporttion, then we'd pick up RJ AND you there
gas would probably be pretty cheap, we usually split it evenly for each person's portion of the trip, so probably like 10$ for you and RJ, 15$ for me, wiggins, and my roommate if we have 5 people, maybe less

@ Metmetm3t Metmetm3t i don't wanna be that guy but ima keep buggin' you 'bout those vids m8

Murdok

Smash Cadet
yes
you should come
I'd be willing to bet wiggins would bring you down here to meet with us, where we would all carpool to pick up RJ in pineville
actually it'd probably be better for you to meet us in Alex if you have transporttion, then we'd pick up RJ AND you there
gas would probably be pretty cheap, we usually split it evenly for each person's portion of the trip, so probably like 10$ for you and RJ, 15$ for me, wiggins, and my roommate if we have 5 people, maybe less

@ Metmetm3t Metmetm3t i don't wanna be that guy but ima keep buggin' you 'bout those vids m8

If I go which is likely i will probably bring some people with me and we will be carpooling down there. However, if they decided not to go I would definately keep that in mind. On a side note I am super determined to beat your ROB in PM....Ill be training hard until then to do just that.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
If I go which is likely i will probably bring some people with me and we will be carpooling down there. However, if they decided not to go I would definately keep that in mind. On a side note I am super determined to beat your ROB in PM....Ill be training hard until then to do just that.
aight man just keep us informed we don't wanna leave anyone hanging that could have gone
and don't worry my ROB will definitely remain on par, you best be working hard
hell... we could MM if you want

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I updated the OP:

-Changed the title to include our next upcoming chronological event
-BRM has been canceled according to the smashcon circuit thread
-Added the next known events through march
-Added Wintercon results thread to the 2014 Tournament Results section of the OP

@TaylorHJ - when you get a chance, post the Shrimp 4 event link (fb event of swf thread) and I'll add it to the OP

I'll be adding the link to the next Open World event soon.

Also, in the event I never got the chance to; thanks to everyone who made it out to Wintercon. Despite the weather and some minor problems during the tournament, I was very satisfied with the tournament overall. So thanks to everyone for making it out and helping make this winter's smashcon a very successful one!

D

Deleted member

it's pm and melee, singles and teams, with crew battles for both games this time. its also cheaper. no venue fee, and $5 entry per tournament. i used to do $2 or $3 entry for teams but thats just a lot of work with change for all singles. so this time every tournament is $5 per person. except crews are free or $1 depending on what yall want. i hope thats okay with everyone. thread coming soon.

'V'

Smash Lord
Might I suggest Character-Swap crews?

Everyone chooses a character before the crew battle and whoever is pitted against each other has to swap those characters with each other. Needless to say everyone's gonna be picking bull**** characters that they think other people won't be good with, ushering in utter chaos!!

Though I think everyone on a crew would have to pick different characters in order to avoid having everyone pick Kirby. lol

Sudai

Stuff here
I'd be about some Turbo mode crews for P:M but only if its random character turbo mode. That just sounds silly.

If not that, Character-Swap sounds fun, but let me make sure I have the rules right. If I pick fox, and I'm going in after a team mate got beat, does my opponent use the character my team mate picked or fox? As in, will you always fight against the character you picked or only after you take the last of the first person's stocks?

Pritch

Smash Lord
Just throwing this out there taylor. Immediately after mardi gras would be infinitely superior to immediately before, both in terms of not interrupting people's potential plans and also making it so that those in the service industry will be giving up dead post-carnival shifts instead of fat $$$ season shifts. I'm honestly not sure I'll even be able to get that off depending on how close to actual fat tuesday it is.

D

Deleted member

i work on the weekends and go to school during the week. sunday is the only day i can even potentially have off. that sunday is the only reasonable one since everyone is off school that monday

'V'

Smash Lord
Sudai, let's say you did pick Fox and you just beat a person, then another person would come to play you. They would still have to play as Fox because that's the character that you chose, but you would have to switch to their character with the amount of stocks that you were left with.

Top Bottom