• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
When you say "like always", do you mean the other one or two tournies placed randomly during the summer? Then yes, it's 1:00.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Oh, and I have to go to Austin on Wednesday cause my folks want me to visist UT Austin. -____-

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
me and lee are going to this, so everybody better show. I wanna see how everyone is doing at this game nowadays =P
...and see if FC6 did anything for us. hehe.

twally

Smash Apprentice
my crew and i are going to be there so add 4 to that list...

real names:

peter
james
mo
hamid

our names:

pncl
lush
mr.x
zdan

this should be quite the interesting event for us because we have been playing a lot and we are looking forward to seeing just what it feels like to play all these guys we hear so much about...and possibly beat them.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
this should be a good turnout.

afterward we're gonna have a Low Tier Tournament, instead of Teams, since teams is boring cuz its like ..
"hey, that guy is a little better than me and my friend. Oh look, his teammate is a little better than us too"
Put 1 and 1 together, and your team's power is a LOT less than theirs. Unless you're teaming w/ someone awesome, you can't win. (trust me and lee, we know! We got 6 stocked by Azen + Chillin at fc6)
And we hadn't done a low tier in FOREVER.
LOW TIER TOURNAMENT!!
Maybe your favorite characters aren't high tier...If you have a good luigi, roy, or mewtwo, here's your chance to show it! Pitch in a few bucks, and see what your low tier is really made of. Without all the stress of high tiers, can you prove to be the best w/out characters who have broken moves? =)
Step it up, and win the fairest tourney you can ;)

-Official Low Tier List-

Link
Luigi
Donkey Kong
Roy
Young Link
Pikachu
----
Yoshi
Zelda
Mr. Game and Watch
Ness
Bowser
Kirby
Pichu
Mewtwo

entrance fee will be 2 or 3 bucks. Because of time constraints, it will probably be best 2 outta 3: but only 2 stock OR 4 stock w/out a loser's bracket.

and i'm down w/ 1 dollar money matches, too. tourney rules, low tiers, or even randomly picked characters if you're willing to gamble B)

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Are you kidding? I'm missing this week and there's gonna be a low tier tourny? Why don't you throw salt in my wounds?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Seriously. All this time I was itching to show off my Bowser and my Link, and now's the time to do a low tier tourney. -__-

Also Twally, where in LA do you live?

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
BR? I don't think I've ever seen you. Or maybe I have but don't remember who you are. And did anyone realize that running up the field and running down the field is the same thing? And why is the Iceman so amazing? (I try to be modest)

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
yes. and i blame that i couldn't defend it in time, since we were playing on the plasma monitor which displays images a tiny bit slower than a TV. plus it had no sound. but whatever, no johns.
afterall.i DID win the tournament, lolz.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Score one for Vaughn. He's awesome. I'm glad he let y'all win the low tier tourny, and probably the regular tourny also.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
well for anyone that missed the tourney and wants to know the details...

I beat Tim going into the winner's finals(although he wasn't trying at all)
Lee beat Eet going into the winner's finals

I beat Lee's marth, then fox, w/ my falco on FD. both by 1 stock.
Eet climbs back up and fights lee and loses again.
For no reason, Lee has to fight Tim now.(the loser of the winner's finals should only have to beat ONE oponent before rechallenging the champion) but whatever....

Somehow Tim beat Lee, and went onto fight me, and got 2nd place.(25 bucks), I got 60 bucks, and lee got 5 bucks(his money back)
we only had 18 people in the tourney.

had fun, and got to meet some new people. they had 2 new guys that was their first tourney, and they did really good. One of them used mario, and was shuffling and WDing and crap, and had pretty good mindgames, so i give props to him, whoever he was for bringing good stuff to his first tournament.

the tv's we used were pretty gay though. Like usual we had the plasma monitor w/ no speakers, that displays images a little slow, and the other TV was like 13 inches. which lee can't see cuz he's blind and his glasses are in FL still. oh well. lol.

twally

Smash Apprentice
had fun, and got to meet some new people. they had 2 new guys that was their first tourney, and they did really good. One of them used mario, and was shuffling and WDing and crap, and had pretty good mindgames, so i give props to him, whoever he was for bringing good stuff to his first tournament.
hey cyphus. it's me, peter. i was the guy who played the mario. thanks for the compliments and all. my friends and i all had a good time. one of my friends went into the tournament pretty cold so i was a bit bummed you guys didn't see his real skills. maybe next time.

anyway, we had been looking forward to the tournament for some time and playing all/most of you guys for the first time was a blast. although i didn't play too many people. (nate, cyphus, lee, and tim) i seriously think i could beat tim if i played him again. oh well, until next time! but we plan on coming back next time unless we have work or something. i am going out of state so i probably won't be able to make the next one... :mad: but it happens!

anyway, thanks again for the nice words and advice at the tournament. i look forward to playing all of you in the near future. i think we will do better in the next one. i know that i will be ready. knowing your opponents is a huge advantage!

congrats to all the winners!

eet

Smash Ace
hey twally I dont think I ever got to play you but you and your friends are welcome to come play at Tims house, and he and I will be there to play you guys...when can you play?

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
smash is stupid i dont really feel like playing anymore im not having fun with it and its just like too much

whatever i may come back one day i mean i know im good i just cant bring myself to play the way i want to

i dunno maybe ill start playing the new smash when it comes out but for now i got more important things to concentrate on

so peace out (for now)

twally

Smash Apprentice
hey eet

umm...well i don't really know where tim lives, but i am sure my friends and i could get something together at some point. i told my friends i wanted to play you at some point in the tournament but things didn't work out this time i guess. times...i don't know. i will be going to cali soon so i will do my best to get a little more in before i leave. until then, i am pretty sure i have your number. some lady at gameware gave it to my friend when he asked about a tournament. i remember trying to call you like 4 days ago to ask about the tourney or something so i can call you up sometime, sound cool? i really want you to play a few of my friends too.

until then...

fox masta

Smash Cadet
hey... this is Mo. i went to the tourny with twally and some other friends the other day. I had a great time playing new people, finally i got to woop someone besides twally, jking lol (not really) Anyways, congrats to cyphus for winning. You've got a kickass doc. But ya, if anyone wants to get together and smash some time ill come. where is tims house anyways?

Sudai

Stuff here
I'll admit, you guys were better than I thought you'd be. Kicked my *** anyway. :(

Looking forward to playing you guys again. If we're not doing anything this week I'll set up a smashfest on friday or saturday

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Just got back from visiting UT, and I was going to play against some dudes in Texas until I found out that I couldn't get visitors and there wasn't a TV in my dorm. >_>

I've got no luck in finding people to play smash against. T_T

But I want to make it clear that I'm not quitting Smash or anything like that. But how many people in LA did quit smash anyways? Shyguy, Taylor and that's it?

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
I probably still wouldn't win. Is anyone playing this weekend? I need to play. How am I ever gonna single-handedly make people realize Luigi should be demi-god tier if I don't get better?

RAM

Smash Lord
You think so? that would be sweet I would never walk again just because I'm too Lazy ^_^ But did Taylor and Shyguy Really Quit? that sucks but I'm sure they have thier reasons.

Top Bottom