• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
It's cool bruh, no offense taken. :)

Tho I seem to remember Bomber being somewhat aggro too.
I prefer to kite. It's not really camping, but also not too aggro. It's kind of the in between. I just space as best I can at mid range and try to create opportunities for me to come in close to hit hard.

And I do have some old videos from this past year. Just go look up Bomber vs Kyuubi, Bomber vs. Jugglo. It's all on Tesh's youtube channel.

_D._

Smash Apprentice
Yo can u plz make the tournament mk legal. We don't have many people who play him. Curls, gunner, and me. And my friends have been wanting to go, but we don't go to tournaments that much anymore. If, not can players agree to let me play mk? Isn't smashcon, mk legal?

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
Yo can u plz make the tournament mk legal. We don't have many people who play him. Curls, gunner, and me. And my friends have been wanting to go, but we don't go to tournaments that much anymore. If, not can players agree to let me play mk? Isn't smashcon, mk legal?
Bro,MK was only banne at WHOBO 5.There was a unity that banned him for a few months but the unity disbanded.You are free to fly around and swing that sword all you want.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Bomber is running Unity at Voodoo which has MK banned. Not sure why tho. At the very least u should be able to agree on MK.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Voodoo is Unity MK legal. Sorry about the confusion. I only use unity because 99% of the stuff I like about it and the only controversial things deal with MK which can be easily tweaked. So I repeat, we will be running Unity MK legal. Which if I remember correctly is just removing Rainbow Cruise and Brinstar or something rather?

Edit: They also have a clause in there for MK legal events. :p

BSP

Smash Legend
Guys, I'll be at Voodoo around 4ish. Going to work for a bit tomorrow. I don't mind if I miss the tourney, I'll just play.

Doubles of some kind should happen though. Teams is so much more fun than singles IMO.

BSP

Smash Legend
Unity itself has a clause for MK legal, but it doesn't include RC and Brinstar being banned. I Wont be in the tourney, but Unity MK legal and Brinstar + RC banned sounds good. That's what we did at BRMs and I think everyone was fine. If we have anyone that's pro-ban, which is fine, they aren't too vocal about it.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Yeah, I don't mind making the necessary adjustments to unity to fit the situation, like MK legal, because I understand the issues it causes if I don't. I just like most of what Unity has as far as rules goes (etiquette, stages, etc).

As far s doubles goes, if enough people want to enter it, then I will host it. I need time to kill anyways because Melee's gonna be pushed back to 6pm since a bunch of melee players won't be able to make it until then. Soooo..... Pirate Ship and Shadow Moses legal for dubs like usual? ;)

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
I know no one here but Ramsaur knows me, but between school and work I play like 3 hours of melee, an hour of brawl, and like 30 minutes of P.M. I need to get involved more. :( btw I love the bowser pika matchup. 25~ damage per grab inclusive of pummels with bowser and potential follow ups is too good. Sure pika can juggle and get decent jab lock combos. But from like 20 hours in the lab with the matchup (payed a friend to play pika for a week lol) I would say the matchup for bowser pika is like 40-60 on battlefield and 35-65 on lylat. Smashville's short horizontal gives bowser some earlier kills of ftilt, but that platform helps pika too much. FD or any other stage if the pika plays safe, camps it out, and takes guaranteed stuff, it is the most frustrating thing ever.

Random.

Bowser for my official secondary.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I don't play wifi at all, period. I just want someone I can compete with when I go to tournaments. Representing that Link. My Zelda is still in the works though.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Bro,MK was only banne at WHOBO 5.There was a unity that banned him for a few months but the unity disbanded.You are free to fly around and swing that sword all you want.
MK has actually been banned at 2 whobos, 5-6 hobos and many many events across this nation.

HoldeN HoT FiyA

Smash Apprentice
Not too happy with my performance at Voodoo, seems like I still can't get over that hump. Getting two stocked on the regular by people like Jnig and BSP, I just don't feel like I'm getting any better. I don't know if I don't know how to practice properly or what, but I'll get there one of these days. Nice meeting Byron, Facey, and Li-D for the first time, they're really cool guys

bks

Smash Cadet
NNID
byronjr
Ggs to all, I really had fun at the tournament, it was nice meeting you too Holden, how we could play sometime in the future. Hopefully if I get another chance "jnig" I'll do better, lol or try at least. Later guys

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Hey someone I know told me there's a shreveport tourney november 2? Is that true, there a thread for it? I'll drive from natty for it, might be able to bring a few too.
Also do you shreveporters hold tournies regularly at all... preferably with PM? Melee's good too, I guess I can make myself play brawl...

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Ggs to all, I really had fun at the tournament, it was nice meeting you too Holden, how we could play sometime in the future. Hopefully if I get another chance "jnig" I'll do better, lol or try at least. Later guys
Lmao "jnig"

BSP

Smash Legend
...I just don't feel like I'm getting any better. I don't know if I don't know how to practice properly or what, but I'll get there one of these days.

If you have wifi, you can use it to train. Go to AllisBrawl and challenge people with good ladder scores. If you don't, master your character's movement and tricks with CPUs (not level 9 though) and keep coming to tournaments.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
If you have wifi, you can use it to train. Go to AllisBrawl and challenge people with good ladder scores. If you don't, master your character's movement and tricks with CPUs (not level 9 though) and keep coming to tournaments.
Or travel since you are a college kid now. Online only does so much and there are very few people who have managed to become very good because of wifi. Playing better people in person is always guaranteed to make you better.

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
So guys I have an announcement to make : I edit pictures into high quality and make a few edits,and add your name in it.It's a stupid thing to bring up but if you want your name on a picture of your main hit me up.

Top Bottom