• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

RAM

Smash Lord
My Brother plays the original Mario (red and blue) that's his main since 64 and he's pretty good even without the advanced techs he makes up with his Mind games for that

RAM

Smash Lord
He's not bad either, just not technical at all. the exact same way I was 6 weeks ago when I first played with the crew and I still have my ways to go. if he's willing to pick up the new techniques he'll be on my level. and in shorter time then it took me to crawl to the level I'm currently on. he just needs to practice and a Gamecube with a copy of Melee

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Brown Mario is one of the few guys who inspired me to get into smash, and he was the one who got me into playing Mario. I mean, he's one of my favorite players. Problem is, there isn't a lot of vids of his other characters, though his Capt Falcon and Low Tier characters are supposed to rock.

melee4life

Smash Rookie
I just have to put that at the fifth mall of louisiana tournament I finished 3rd not eric/eet. In case he don't remember I beat him and lost to a chain-throwing flarefox. So if you could just edit that, then that would be great.

Melee-4-Life

RAM

Smash Lord
Just because I could'nt think of anything to say and just to have my 100th post. I'm still the 2 vs 2 master because Taylor said so ^_^ and I'll just go with that!

Bermuda

Smash Rookie
melee4life said:
I just have to put that at the fifth mall of louisiana tournament I finished 3rd not eric/eet. In case he don't remember I beat him and lost to a chain-throwing flarefox. So if you could just edit that, then that would be great.

Melee-4-Life
good luck finishing 13th at the next one...hee hee :)

Iceburgh

Smash Journeyman
Trucker Smasher

Hello everyone.I hope you all have read my thread.Im just a truck drving smash player thats trying to improve and get back into playing.Since I dont really get home Im trying to play smash with as many people as I can while I travel around.If you have read my topic you will know that I will be in Hammond,LA tommorow afternoon.At the current moment I dont know if ill be delivering my load early or if I have to wait til Friday.Hopefully they take me early cause then I can stay out longer and play if any of us get together.If your interested in playing smash with me for the time ill be in town please respond to my thread.Im hoping that one of the Mods will sticky it and add it to all the regions so that everyone can see where ill be ahead of time. and it will be easier to plan stuff with the players from areas that I might just be passing through that day.I wouldnt mind stoping for an hour or 2 while driving through an area to play with other players so if your interested please read and post in the topic.Thank you.

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
Im just having the trouble if i should bring Samus or Falco...

Oh btw Us N.O. Crew have been meeting at dibbz pretty much every weekend practicing. Lookin for more people to come along and come play with us.

So far it has been...Rick, Ray, DJ, JonWu, and myself (Matt).

Its free of course for the 2 big TV's so only extra GC is needed.

9 Days Till Lafayette! =D

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
WTF, you guys have been going to Dibbz every weekend? You could of let the Metarie and Kenner guys know. *cries*

Iceburgh

Smash Journeyman
Last Night!!

Eric and umm... ShyGuy(kinda hard hearing your names in the back of the car.) Last night was great thank you both very much for having me over.Umm tell you friend that came over thanks too...(Im bad with names I was also a little to exicited to be playing again.) I wish we could have played more it would have been great.I feel like I improved slightly already.I played much better than I would have at home and especially a few weeks ago at our Anime Convention. Unfortunatly I actually got a load out of here today.Its going to Denver,CO...If we didnt have a drop yard for me to take it to early I would have gladly stayed all weekend to play you guys some more.Keep in touch you never know when I might be driving by and plan on stoping in.Especially if I get routed around to tourneys... Keep smashing and improving hopefully next time my Link will be able to keep up with your Falcos and Foxes. even without playing them your other chars were excellent compared to most ive played. Hope you guys enjoyed it as much as I did.And sorry about making you come so far again next time I will defintly park at the Pilot at the I-12-I-10 Junction thats where im getting fuel at later today.I pick up at 2pm.Plan on driving til about 10-11 pm or 550 miles. whichever comes first.Then ill drive the rest of the way into denver and be there around 4-6pm tommorow.hopefully they give me the same courtesy you both showed me.Thank you and Ill see you around.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Ya, i had alot of fun playing ur link, I think ur better than u were. You were probly just like out of practice and my mario is just too pro heh...na j/k (It was just cuz i had home field advantage or sumthing)

Ur welcome to come play with us anytime (but we dont feel like driving that far again :laugh: , so like get closer to us next time ;) )

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
I'd like to thank Lee and his family for their overwhelming hospitality. Best training session ever. Looks like we'll have the winning crew :p.

Iceburgh

Smash Journeyman
yeah i feel like i improved also.At first dealing with that falco combo was annyoing but in a good way. and your mario is impressive especially with that edgegaurding. i couldnt see to trick you and make you miss.Ill have to watch out for that next time.And i need to work on less SDs they always cost me big time.

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
Blaise said:
I'd like to thank Lee and his family for their overwhelming hospitality. Best training session ever. Looks like we'll have the winning crew :p.

Winning crew eh? Talking quite to soon my friend :)

Don't forget your not the only crew practicing.

N.O. Crew will have quite the impact :)

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
PFFFTT!!!

Keep talking. Real reason why yallare so confident is cause we aren't going to show up.

>_>;;; *runs*

SirSka

Smash Cadet
The Monroe crew is coming to town that week, so watch yourselves.(This my friends first tourny so I don't expect grand results, but good ones) We just need an extra man, but I think I found someone to take the spot. :chuckle:

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
thanx for coming over Blaise and Dustin, good stuff, good stuff.
Sorry i pansied out, and went to bed at only midnight. I'm one of those sleep-whores, and i was deprived of my favored-9 hours the night before, and couldn't fight it.
Sux ya'll left so early though..what time did ya'll even leave? 2 am or something?

anywho...Blaise took me by surprise our first couple matches. his Marth beat my link and Yoshi beat my G&W. But my G&W got revenge later that night ^_~.
Iunno...in crew battles, i think Blaise should go w/ Roy. it did really good against my doc, 'specialy w/ the first victory against it.
i guess dustin should go w/ his main sheik. Just hope he can avoid the SD's....j/k, lol.
I'm glad my bowza got to taste fresh meat, as well. hahaha.
me and lee played the next morning. And to my dissapointment it seems whenver platforms are involved his sheik almost always wins. his new main character list is now ordered...
Sheik, Jigs, Samus
and believe me, his sheik is mean =*<
On the flip side, my only character that seems to counter his sheik is Samus(wtf, i know! lol)
guess i'm a samus player now :D
I play zelda so seldom now i dunno if i can say she's one of my main's anymore :-/ bowza, G&W, and Samus have all stolen the spotlight these days.

anywho, we might be able to convince Derek(lee's older brother) to bring us to the tourney, if we can get him interested in participating. he said "maybe", but for Derek, that really Does mean maybe.

Kingcore Koopa

Smash Rookie
SirSka said:
The Monroe crew is coming to town that week, so watch yourselves.(This my friends first tourny so I don't expect grand results, but good ones) We just need an extra man, but I think I found someone to take the spot. :chuckle:
Think I know who you mean ;)

Also I've been kindof wandering myself.....at just what time will all this begin and how long will it all go on till?

eet

Smash Ace
Okay, so Im tryin to setup housing for MLG Dallas. Who all is coming?... Me, Taylor, Shyg, Rsia? (..is tim goin for sure ? lol) I dunno whos car we are gonna take so uhh.... blah. Shygs car? or can we take taylors?

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i doubt ya'll have the spare room for me and lee..but just incase, keep us in mind ;D

DeathWave, will be back w/ us for one week starting Thursday..so he should be coming to LA tourney too. If derek brings us..that actually makes 4 of us representing Houma.
Idealistically speaking Houma could be its own crew now: Me, Lee, Derek, Gamma.
But the prob is that derek, is just a good step behind the rest of us, so he'd be a waste of stock, lol. And besides me and lee already got a truce w/ Dustin and Blaise, but maybe we can squeeze Gamma in, cuz i know he's just as good, and he plays Luigi, so its a gamble..but it might just be wierd enough to throw off somebody better.

The N.O. has their 3 original guys, but w/ those 2 other newer guys...i dunno if they're gonna add just one..or both to their crew for the tournament, since u need at least 4 people. Course they might do 5, but i'm sure they would figure it would be better for their odds if they kept more lives for the best players, as with any crew.

so yea...we still going to SA7?

i talked w/ ManaCloud(ken's brother), and he was trying mad hard to convince me to go to OC2 over FC6, so i dunno.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
You'd get to ditto Kentarosu and Bob$ if you go to OC2 which would be a sexy, sexy day for Doc. Just a thought >_>

PS: To the NO guys, all of us have decided to go to Dibbz whenever possible so watchout for us . . .

Top Bottom