• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
no, CS2 & INN3 are happening the same day. Unless the rest of the crew really wants to go to Insomnia, we'll probably go to CS2 like we were originally going to.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
You guys are really having a smashfest/semi-tourney/something at Flowin's hotel? Anyways, If Flowin's going to be in NO this Saturday then the underdog crew might show up. >_>

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
JC, the main prob is that its just pretty **** far away..and SA7 is going to have the mostly the same people, but bigger, and i don't think all of us can afford to make both.
I'll deffinatley take u up on a MM though, if and when we can meet(SA7?)

Time slowly clicks by, so we'll just worry about our lil' CS2(w/ 8 minute time limit, lol ;>)
hey...i think some people blamed Lee for the long fight because he picked a campable level. Let me correct anyone on that....Lee made EVERY single offense, John made none. and more importantly..John guarded his side....Lee, instead was honorable in that he went all the way to the nose of the ship multiple times, and turned into Zelda, giving John time to make it over. Either way, it don't matter, Lee squeezed a 2 stock, but lost anyway, :p

FLOoOooOoOWIN'!!!!!!!! GET ON AIM so we can work out a lil' smashfest. Everybody wants a peice-o-ya.

blaise, ya'll still up for smashing w/ Houma? Just gimme a date and i'll should be able to make it happen :p

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
I just pulled off the most insane **** ever with doc and its caught on tape.

i was down two stocks and like at at 150% came back at the end back throw tim's fox at 0% to double bair and down b recovered and he fell before i did.

Taylor i wanna play u, go with us when we play flowin

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
OK guys here me out on this,

I have a new main : drum roll : mario, Ya looks like doc and falco r gonna have to take a backseat to the plumber.

Its like i combine the comboes and moves of doc and the agressiveness of falco to form one ultimate character, plus hes has loads of cool tricks and can shuffle like no other. So I figured since no one really plays mario or knows how, ill show yall what hes all about ;).

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
haha, awesome. I'm glad to hear we have a Mario-Mainer now.
Mario > Doc vs. fox/falco.
After upthrow chain to 50+% just step towards their DI and F.Smash sweetspot. too easy of a death combo :<
and his fireballs are awesome at sniping their recoveries.

...but he's got a much harder time fighting Jigs, w/out the D.Throw-F.air finisher. :/

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
Yea too bad you guys dont play peach or samus like me and joe then u might be as pro as us (lol yea right). I want to learn mario hardcore but im fine with learning IC's for now they are too awsome. I cant wait to play all you guys. I played taylor and eet and they r really good so I cant wait to see what else LA has in store for the Panhandle Manhandlers. (lol)

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
What a coincidence, I've been playing alot of Mario as well. I still like Doc and Luigi better tho.

Kingcore Koopa

Smash Rookie
Thing about the CS2 is that it lies the weekend right before college finals. Oh wells I guess I can always study a week prior to the test day so I can waste all of Saturday away and cram some studies the next day. Anyone else have finals that following week?

I've attempted w/ Luigi for the first time in a while against C.Falcon and I surprisingly didnt do half bad. Used alot of F. and B. air smashes and dashing headbutts in the process but they got the job done.......no offense Junior. But I know if we had a Luigi ditto match, RAM would prolly win by a landslide (and by that I mean being 3-4 stocked)

RAM

Smash Lord
Whose Junior? LOL anyway thanks for that warm comment, but you should'nt count yourself out just yet, when I first met the Panhandle Manhandlers Boomstick won in a ditto with one stock but just last weekend we had a rematch and I 3 stocked him with 20 % damage or something like that but he beat me when we first met because he could wavedash and all the the other techs, I could'nt, but now I have that and the ability to L cancle and Jump cancle and I can compete with the rest of the crew every now and then just takes alot of smashfests A.K.A Practice ^_^

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
hm..i'm working on a doc combo vid. So far i have the teaser trailer out(which doesn't really have any awesome clip) in the doc forums, and i started w/ the intro, and i'm at 1:45, which is pretty sexy so far.
I think i'm at a stopping point, because the remaining clips i have are better spread out...so i'll need to get some more recorded matches in....maybe w/ lee in the future somehow.

Flowin'. my # is 985-232-5410, u gotta let us know where u at, and what u gonna be doing. Everybody already wants a piece of ya. I'm sure we could work something out.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I imagine I'll start making videos during the summer when I actually have time for it. Though I do have one finished and ready to upload, but I want to show it to the crew first and see what they think about it. (It's not a combo video, but a certain trick with Samus I created)

RAM

Smash Lord
Mankosuki said:
I imagine I'll start making videos during the summer when I actually have time for it. Though I do have one finished and ready to upload, but I want to show it to the crew first and see what they think about it. (It's not a combo video, but a certain trick with Samus I created)
A Samus trick! awesome I defenitely want to see it :chuckle:

RAM

Smash Lord
Sweet. Oh yeah John how many times can you press the B button for Luigi's Tornedo recovery John?
I thin I can only get 8 or 9 at the most. ( I'm probably off) but it helped me like once or Twice

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Luigi's tornado recovery is insanity to say the least . . . 14 times a second is the full height or something which is ridiculous. Pimpuigi and Thunders have thumbs of steel if they can mash a button that many times a second.

And my Mario > all others. >_>;;;

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
We'll see about that. :p

Actually, we're still debateing between going to CS2 or going to Innsomnia. Since it looks like I'd be able to get housing for INN3, we may just end up there.

I think the crew's comming over o my place tomorrow, so I'll see what they think and let you know which we decide to go to.

RAM

Smash Lord
entelegantLozer said:
LOL@ luigi recovery.
You find something funny about his Recovery Young man? Humph I'll show you, anyway I'm down for either Tourny as long as I get to smash some skulls in Ex SirSka's for his confident comment about Manhandling some Panhandlers :laugh: Just joking Double SS . but either way May the 6th will be a day of Fun on the Bun

rick1m

Smash Cadet
everyone knows that Jon-wu is the master marth so when we meet up again at another tourney i will show you all how much better i have advanced. I even beat rays sheik

Sudai

Stuff here
May 6th, PF.

I haven't gotten better per se..Not with my main anyway. I've managed to pick up Jiggs, Kirby, Peach, and Marf since the last tourney..lol I have 3 Secondaries and 4 Tertaries now..

RAM

Smash Lord
Sudai said:
May 6th, PF.

I haven't gotten better per se..Not with my main anyway. I've managed to pick up Jiggs, Kirby, Peach, and Marf since the last tourney..lol I have 3 Secondaries and 4 Tertaries now..
More power to ya ^_^ that's more chars then me

BoomStick

Smash Journeyman
RAM said:
I hope everyone has gotten better. at the moment I"m bored outta my mind

i'm sorry that our crew isn't good enough for you, we must wavedash far too much or something, but ur free to find other people if you're so bored, u need to be careful what you say and don't let your stupid run loose

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
guys, I don't think Ryan meant he was Bored with 'us'. He probably is bored cause he's not smashing atm. :ohwell:

RAM

Smash Lord
BoomStick said:
i'm sorry that our crew isn't good enough for you, we must wavedash far too much or something, but ur free to find other people if you're so bored, u need to be careful what you say and don't let your stupid run loose
Sorry you misunderstood me when I said I'm bored :( , I'm bored because I have nothing to do. but surf the net, not bored with the crew I never would say anything like that. I enjoy playing with you guys and did'nt intend to say I'm bored playing with the crew I'm not mad at you but I do feel played that you think I would say something so careless and Unappreciative like that as for your crew to accept me and show me a few pointers and made me a better Smasher. I'm not that type of person. and one more thing The Panhandlers are my only Friends in Florida if I did'nt hang with yall and smashthen all I would do is what I'm doing now surfing the net and watching T.V since Most of my friends are scattered because of Katrina

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Don't worry about it Ryan, Dave just misunderstood.

Well after talking to John, I think we're set on going to Innsomnia. I've played you LA guys several times already so it'd be good to get to play a wider variety at INN3. I'm sure we'll see you again whenever another biweekly happens there. Good luck to everyone at CS2.

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
Mankosuki said:
Don't worry about it Ryan, Dave just misunderstood.

Well after talking to John, I think we're set on going to Innsomnia. I've played you LA guys several times already so it'd be good to get to play a wider variety at INN3. I'm sure we'll see you again whenever another biweekly happens there. Good luck to everyone at CS2.

Best of luck. I hope you place high and maybe even take home some cash.

Top Bottom