• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
thanx manko.
i guess this means taylor's tourney fight w/ memust not have been recorded :<
bleh..stupid 2 SDs vs. lee on corneria :<.

i just finished wwatching the famous 10 minute might between Lee on John. lol@dbz music.

RAM

Smash Lord
I just finish watching your match with John Cyphus and I was drove for you. that should have been your victory in my Opinion not taking anything away from john but there should have been a third fight. I guess you were just unlucky :( not lower in skill in anyway. and Taylor you can't retire I never fought you yet. I played just about everyone but you so get that noise outta you head this instance young man The King Of Kings Kommand it ^_^

Kingcore Koopa

Smash Rookie
[url="http:///#" said:
RAM[/url]]I just finish watching your match with John Cyphus and I was drove for you. that should have been your victory in my Opinion not taking anything away from john but there should have been a third fight. I guess you were just unlucky
not lower in skill in anyway. and Taylor you can't retire I never fought you yet. I played just about everyone but you so get that noise outta you head this instance young man The King Of Kings Kommand it ^_^
A bunch of great matchs nonetheless. Here are a few comments from some of the vids:

Match #28 w/ Lee and JonWu seemed to be never ending. I was impressed how long each of you survived in that one.
Match #33 Marth put up a great fight but I confused as to just why Ray (Y.Link) purposely killed himself twice. If you hear this Ray, please tell me.

@RAM: Me? King of Kings? I seriously doubt it man. Im good and I will be there at the SC2 the 1st weekend in May. You bet your money on it I'll be there. I'll be tagging along w/ Sirska on this one.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ray fofeited the match to John, because if he would have beaten John...then he would have moved on to fight Lee at Finals and most likely lost(lee tends to beat ray) he knew john had a much better chance...so they kinna rigged it so John could win and they could split the money(or at least i'm under that impression)

bah, my zelda was looking sexy against johnwu's marf. i get pretty torn watching the 3 missed teleports though, bad luck >___<
ok...my fox, i'll even admit the very last second is pretty hilarious. you can clearly see me land on the ground and jump over the car. but the 2nd ones comes immediately after and KOs me. actually..overall, i'm not that dissapointed in that fight. i didn't get hit as much as i thought(i think twice) and john got hit like twice too. i'm just not gonna try any wall infinites until i know i can handle htem under the pressure of a tourney.(wait what am i saying? i quit fox, already! haha)

i'd be a shame is Taylor quit already. He's come this far. I know i bring this up every few pages...but i remember 2 years ago(?) when he was just a total n00b, and now he's caught up to me and lee. He beat us in CS1....and we both beat him in Lafayette. I hope he doesn't let that discourage him, cuz the main thing he's probably lacking is consistency( i think he falls off his A game too easily) I notice he likes to psyche himself up alot by trying to convince himself that he can win everything, but i bet he would just play better if he tried not to overanalyze his psyche since its just one more thing he has to worry about while he's in a match.
He's good as it is (got 1 stocked by PC Chris in a friendly), and i'm sure he'll want at least to get a taste of FC6.

RAM

Smash Lord
I was referring to me as the King of Kings in a not serious kind of way ^_^ I watch too much wrestling. but did you mention something about taylor saying he might stop playing? but anyway me and my friends should be there so I hope to see your best Double K

entelegantLozer

Smash Apprentice
Why do Cyphus and Lee have to get 'permission'?

Maybe my parents, are different, or maybe they don't love me. Or maybe it's just to encourage us not to live with our parents.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Kingcore Koopa said:
Excellent job posting the new vids Mankosuki. They pretty much consisted of Marths, Shieks, and Docs though. So are there going to be any new vids coming out in the near future?
Thanks! These were the Winners/Losers/Grand finals so that's why it's pretty much all the same people. Just friendlies are left now which I may get around to posting some time. I've got finals comming up though... :ohwell:

Ryan & John: Tomorrow's probably not good for me since I don't get out till 4:00, but thursday I'm done by 11:00 so that'd work out. What time would you guys be ready for me to come over, and will it be at Ryan's or John's? I prefer Ryan's since it's a little closer for me and I can go over earlier without waiting for John to get out of school, Steve/Dave off work, etc.

Cyphus: yeah, I don't have you vs. Taylor from the tourney, but I do have your money match with him at his house the night before. I'll post it eventually. lol, I figured you guys would get a kick out of the DBZ music on match 30. ;)

Taylor: Why does everyone say they are quitting now? When I went to PwnZone's he didn't play at all and it doesn't seem like he will be any time soon either. :(

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
Hey joe sure thursday is fine for me and steve. Dave was going to call us to smash today with us but he never did. O well. I can get out of school at 11 45 so i would get out and get home before u were even half way into town. lol :laugh: . Anyways gimme a call. Also you know steve doesnt ever drive and wont get off work thurs til 1, so we should smash at my house for a little while atleast til steve is ready.

RAM

Smash Lord
I would have to say by johns as well because of the fact that the air condition guy is really pissing me off. it's not fun having a leak that is under the house and surfaces thru your carpet, but maybe we could setup in the front room again I don't know HMMMMMmmmm yeah we could do that but I don't think we'll need both of my TV's and the front tv. so yeah Joe I'll let you Know by Tommorrow. and John I might finish your drawing before I go to our Family reunion this Saturday. so if yall are planning for another get together this weekend I hope it will be Sunday! instead of Saturday

SHStiger

Smash Rookie
gah, I wish I had a license......wouldnt mind playing some Smash with others from LA....just stuck with my friends here in Slidell :(

SirSka

Smash Cadet
Innsomnia 3 sound nice, I would love to go. If the CS 2 is going down I wouldn't mind housing some people at my house . My dad wouldn't give 2 ****'s about having people over. I live in St.Gabriel which is right outside Gonzales, so let me know.

RAM

Smash Lord
SirSka said:
Innsomnia 3 sound nice, I would love to go. If the CS 2 is going down I wouldn't mind housing some people at my house . My dad wouldn't give 2 ****'s about having people over. I live in St.Gabriel which is right outside Gonzales, so let me know.
Hey Sirska where is St Gabriel located in Louisiana? maybe my crew could stay there but there is like 5 or 7 of us going but I figure it could'nt hurt to ask. I hope it's not to many of us to stay at your place for Cajun Showdown just let me know but at the most 7. and my parents are the same but it would;nt do to good to stay here since I live in Florida LOL

Mav

Furries For The Win
Come on guys. One of FL's best is going to your state! Isn't there a tournament or something going down?

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
if he gets on AIM i'll chat w/ him, about meeting or something and smashing ;D
he said he'll be in N.O.?
I can hook him up w/ Ricky, Ray, and JohnWu, etc...or if travels 45 minutes, he can make it to my neck of the woods ^______^

SirSka

Smash Cadet
RAM said:
Hey Sirska where is St Gabriel located in Louisiana? maybe my crew could stay there but there is like 5 or 7 of us going but I figure it could'nt hurt to ask. I hope it's not to many of us to stay at your place for Cajun Showdown just let me know but at the most 7. and my parents are the same but it would;nt do to good to stay here since I live in Florida LOL
It's right next to Gonzales. If your on I-10 you can take the exit on St. Gabriel/Gonzales or take the Praiareville exit. Its like 15-20 minutes awy from BR depending on traffic. If people wouldn't mind sleeping on the floor it would be cool. I would clear the bed and the middle room would be open and about three could fit on that, and we just got a couch and a big loveseat so those are good(couch is mine). I still need to make sure I am open for the showdown, but if I am you and your crew are more than welcome, just gotta clear it up with the dad. We live in a trailer so it isn't much but it's still good. Besides I could play you guys that night as well, and get some quality competition.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
good thing it's in AR and not TN. :p (West Memphis is just over the border to AR)

but yeah, I'm only going if there's free housing up there and if my crew is free the entire weekend since we'll need Friday & Sunday for just driving. It's about 8 hours for us.

Sirska: Thanks for the housing offer! We'll likely take you up on it next time LA has a tourney.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
well...going to INNsomnia isn't looking to brighit. Taylor isn't as interestied in traveling to all these tournies, and he would have to be the ride, anyway.

We should be looking forward to CS2, again now. And just hope to make it to SA7 and FC6.

eet

Smash Ace
Okay well Shyguy and I are willing to travel to NO to play flowin, and maybe some of the NO guys? You guys wanna setup something. We should all meet someplace to play. Someone's house, flowins hotel or something?

cyphus wanna come? : )

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
I think I'm gonna stick with the May 6th date. If Taylor and Eet arent available, I'll just host it myself. Don't let that discourage your decision to go to insomnia if you want to.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
I say screw innsomnia ill probly have a alot more fun at cs2 playing all the la people
(nobody go to innsomnia that **** is gonna suck cs2 is where its at)

RAM

Smash Lord
Mankosuki said:
good thing it's in AR and not TN. :p (West Memphis is just over the border to AR)

but yeah, I'm only going if there's free housing up there and if my crew is free the entire weekend since we'll need Friday & Sunday for just driving. It's about 8 hours for us.

Sirska: Thanks for the housing offer! We'll likely take you up on it next time LA has a tourney.
LOL Hey Manko! I actually did some quick thinking there :chuckle: but Yeah I'll call you tommorow and give you the low down on the situation of meeting at my place. until then later and Gracias Senor Sirska for the gracious Offer. I hope that our crew can be of some good practice for you the day before. that is if we attend (which we probably will :) )

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
yeah, while I'd like to go to INN3, it's twice as far away and not likely that my whole crew could set aside the entire weekend for it. I dunno... I'll see what they want to do but CS2 is alot more plausible I think.

So as far as housing goes, Cyphus/Lee has offered and so has SirSka. What's a rough estimate on the max ammount of people able to crash at each person's place?

SirSka

Smash Cadet
Mankosuki said:
yeah, while I'd like to go to INN3, it's twice as far away and not likely that my whole crew could set aside the entire weekend for it. I dunno... I'll see what they want to do but CS2 is alot more plausible I think.

So as far as housing goes, Cyphus/Lee has offered and so has SirSka. What's a rough estimate on the max ammount of people able to crash at each person's place?
I am just tossing out an estimate(and adding in the possiblity of people on the floor) I would say maybe 7. I plan on doing cs2, I want to see how I stack up in LA. Also, my truck can house a maximum of three, driver, the b**ch seat and window. So RAM, if you or one of your crew would like to ride with me you are more than welcome if you come to the house.

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
Well it's settled then, CS2 stands. Let's save all the traveling for the summer. This should be the last tourney of the spring anyway.

eet

Smash Ace
Welp, I updated the first post with the location of CS2 (cyberLAN in laf.) and put some basic rules and prices, not sure if any of that is right, so .. subject to change.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
Well if joe wants to go to INN and cs2 im down for either or both and I am sure ryan is down 2. White Dave seems pretty psyched up right now and is always callin to smash and if we give steve like a week in advance he can get off work. I dont really know about chris and asian dave or if they would even want to go. I cant wait to own eet in Naruto 4 (yea right i wish) and most importantly smash alot in the LA scene.

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
Dont forget to add 8 minute time limit (thanks Lee and Jon lol). Next time I see you on aim we'll discuss some rules.

SirSka

Smash Cadet
RAM said:
I'm sure someone will adopt you into their crew. just have to start asking around so they and you yourself can prepare a bit and be insync with one another
Well, I have sort of a crew up here in Monroe, but they never travel with me to the tournys.

RAM

Smash Lord
it's a start, but why won't they attend any tournies? that's like the best part of playing smash is playing with other smashers. don't worry you have a good bit of time left and if the monroe guys don't attend. start asking around the boards.

Top Bottom