• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

F

Falcon_X

Thanks to Sirska and Kingcore Koopa, Falcon_X will be making his first appearance at the Mall Of Louisiana Smash Tounament. Falcon Punches all around!!

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
the pool system also works, because if for some reason time is running low..and we've only just found the final 6 contestants...you can easily just turn it into double elimination for a quick tournament.(not as accurate..but the fact, you still found the top 6 still works!)

anyway...If Gamma(luigi/peach) moves back to LA from AL, he would deffinately fall around 10th place at the least. And Lee's older brother Derek(peach), though not technically gifted beyond L-canceling, has developed good mind games and such from playing me and lee alot in the past and i think he definnately would also fair well in a tournament.
And sad, but true........theres plenty retired LA smashers, that would tear most of the newer-rising smashers a "new one." even IF they'd pick up the game now.
Of Houma's Old Crew: The Legion of Doom....we had Brett(Capt., Mario) who, at his peak game, was exchanging wins evenly w/ Me and Lee, last year. Manny(Link) lacked technical game, outside of L-canceling, but he at least had good mind games and new what to expect, and new how to counter stuff from better players, from playing us alot.
And does anybody remember Metairie's finest?...and at one point, LA's finest Capt. Falcon? his ol' AIM was skreegoorb, but i hadn't had a real convo w/ him in over a year, since he dropped Melee for WoW. I remember back in V-games tourney, he's the one who got 3rd. And a couple tournies later, i remember standing w/ him and Lee, and saying that we were the best in LA. hahah

man..so much as changed :<, and though, we've had some of our best players retire...the competition continues to get tougher. I miss 4 years ago, when I was the only player in LA who could WD, and i went to tournament to tournament and destoyed everybody XDXXDXD.

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
Man Eet, thats the 2nd worst spelling of Opelousas ever (FFox spelled it with an A once). I'm all for the round robin tournament, it could be fun. Feels kinda good to be ranked so high in some of your ranking lists but i gotta take a 1st place in a tourney someday. As for the crew battles, I like that idea also. I'll team up with Houma or FFox's crew if they're interested. As for a place to host.... I'm kinda feeling a Cajun Showdown 2.... but i dunno.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
as ya'll prolly know about the regional crew battles..outside of just having West, South, East, and MidWest Teams..there will also be "B" version of them, serving the same purpose but comprised of the next level of smashers.
Since there has been no actual arguement against.....MookieRah and prolly JesusFreak are going to be Team Captains of South-B Team.

Mookie said he'd be interested in coming to an LA tourney to check us all out. Since he'll be in charge of building his 'side' of the South(SouthEast), it'd be a good opportunity to impress him w/ what LA has to offer. So if theres a good location to host a tournament more on the East side of Louisiana, he'd deffinatley have a better shot of making it.
Of course there will be other opportunities to impress people to join South-B Team, like SA7 in Georgia....but i'm just saying..this is one of the 2 captains...so he's the final deciding factor on who will represent the South's 2nd Team at nationals.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
w00t at Metarie PC Cafe!!!

That'd be so convenient for us guys >_>

But anyways, Cyphus, do you know how we could contact skreegoorb anyway? I mean, most WoW addicts stop playing after 4 to 6 months, so he's probably over the game by now . . . right?

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
WoW is until you die or get banned for hacking

and i beat jonwu with falcon 1/2, dk 1/2, and marth 1/3 *all loses were on FD and 1 stock high %*
i don't really worry about him in the up coming tournaments

edit:: i know the top 4 players(atleast) in la could beat jf and mookie so why are they captains and also the only other player in the southeast (except maybe fl but they might be on east-b) that could possibly beat any of us is jcpwn. and GAwes can beat eet but w/e

edit2::rofl at Falcon_X

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Well, Mookie's, like, a freaking smash icon. And the guy does use Marth now that he finally put down Mewtwo, so he may have gotten loads better . . .

Kingcore Koopa

Smash Rookie
Sudai said:
Might wanna read the first post..or at least the title. ;P

April 1st
My..Sudai.....no need to be harsh on the lil guy.

On a lighter note......have we come to a decision on where we are going to be holding the next tournament?

EDIT: I hope it takes place in Lafayette. Someone was talking about that place earlier.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Many people underestimate jonwu cuz hes not flashy or sumtihng, but his tactics work and they r alot easier to pull off in the heat of battle then say someone needing to be extremely technical like fox. He would probly do good in bigger out of state tournies cuz he would throw off some opponents, but there would eventually be someone who beats him soundly. (im guessing someone so aggresive that he looses his comfortable defensive mode and starts playing out of his element and looses)

partnerofLuigi

Smash Cadet
Dose'nt he use Marth? well to the point if he dose'nt go on the offensive and has a very awesome Defense like everyone says, I Suggest Maxing out your Mental Games and keep him guessing while at the same time knocking him off balance with projectiles ( if your chosen characters has them ) I only saw him fighta lil bit against Lee. during one of the fights Lee did'nt approach John and John held his position making a 4 stock match last 10 mins!! that's like 6 mins too long or so! and I'm not sure but I believe that Lee won that match, if that was the result my guess is win in a battle of Patience against him and force him to be the aggressive one. he's most likely to make a mistake that way! if he's always waiting for his opponent to approach. I need more info on this Guy cause I'm not sure how this fight went! this is from a sketchy memory!

P.S (I need to play like I think while I'm Smashing but I get so Nerveous losing all my original plans, a weakness I say!

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
yeah, wtf is up with the bear? that's a bit random, lol.

of course everyone know my sig is sexiest... :chuckle:

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
how about the huge room with tons of couches and a big screen tv at the bottom floor of your dorm at LSU, eet?
(kirby smith)

and im sure we could get tons of noobs there to give us their money XD
(im not inviting lee and ray to that one)

entelegantLozer

Smash Apprentice
There's a center in BR. I'll check on the space and such if you want...no need to take it out of the city although I think New orleans would be just as reasonable.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Manko.
I'm just asking for Lee, but wants to like talk to u or the other guy on the phone, cuz he's like really dying w/out his stuff. Its not easy being a pretty boy w/out products, y'know? He was struggling through, w/another hair straightener, but it broke..so he's got nothing. Hair straightener, blow dryer, Proactive(he actually would get VERY bad acne w/out it, i know <__<), Hair spray/gel, clothes.
anywho...he keeps bringing up mailing it through UPS, to me, but i know thats kinna a hassle for ya'll. Iunno..maybe it wouldn't be that bad to do it though. I'm sure he'd reemburse whoever mailed it. Unless ya'll plan on coming to a tourney sometime soon..iunno man. Even I can't imagine what he's going through <___<

other news.
i just talked to Ricky on the phone. He said they might be interesting in hosting a tourney at the Dibbz PC Cafe place, since its not far from where they live. I wonder if they could pull off running a tourney. Personally..i would really trying out the pool system next tourney, for whoever runs it. Dibbz will, i can only imagine, want a nice chunk of the pot, but on the plus side..its open til 2am...and maybe something could be worked out like at my tourney.(7pm-9am) but actually run good! :D

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Well since Dave is the one who has his stuff and he's in Fort Walton (an hour away) there's nothing I can do about it for the moment. I'd be able to get it from him if he comes over for smash this weekend, but no plans have been made so far.

I guess I wouldn't mind mailing it all to Lee if he paid me back. I imagine it will cost quite alot though and I'm gonna need the money for my back-to-back trips to Tampa & Arkansas. :(

Perhaps one option would be to hand it off to Ryan since he goes to NO like every week for work. Or I could drop it off at Taylors when I'm passing through to AR and you guys could get it from him at the next tourney. That'd be Wed. April 5th when I go through though...

If you want to get up with Dave though, his AIM name is farmerfred1532

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
According to Dibbz, there's two 60" hdtvs we could play on . . . And the guys sounded kinda resonable.

>_>

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Sudai u got alot of potential, just work on ur advance techs and keep playing with us and ull be pro in no time(but ull never be better than eric cuz hes too pro and no one is better than him)

Playing in krirby smith would be cool and that other place that stays open till 2 would be cool

Sudai

Stuff here
sHy)(gUy said:
Sudai u got alot of potential, just work on ur advance techs and keep playing with us and ull be pro in no time(but ull never be better than eric cuz hes too pro and no one is better than him)

Playing in krirby smith would be cool and that other place that stays open till 2 would be cool

Thanks man. If anything, last night taught me not to roll...**** you Taylor! @.@

And like I said, I plan to be able to beat more than just Grace next time I go over! ^^

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
lol pwned!

(I'd like to point out that I actually found and returned Cyphus' bag before leaving. That was all Lee/Dave there)

partnerofLuigi

Smash Cadet
DANG he just pwned you, purchased you from the store, have the receipt and all LOL but seriously if I see dave I could get the bag from him, I'm in New Orleans every weekday and home on Weekends so I'll be close to Baton Rouge, all you would have to do is drive to prarieville to pick it up! ^_^

Top Bottom