• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

D

Deleted member

you misunderstand. i said i own sc2. i cant play it yet. i dont have the right computer. hah

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I'm beginning to upload the melee videos recorded at NOM. Like I've said before, if you don't put your tag in the video you won't be uploaded, unless you play very distinctly and I can tell who you are.

eet

Smash Ace
I think me and freddy's 5 match set for losers finals were on that tv? Look for blue peach (i think) vs Fox on abuncha levels and I think the only other one I have is vs Risk. I forgot who the gdorf was - never got to play him

Curlz

Smash Lord
The Ganon, I think, is RunFastGodSpeed. He's the only Ganon player I can think of other than Zak, since he wasn't there.

j00t

Smash Champion
Sup guys, just wanted to remind you that FAP2 (link) will be taking place on December 11-12 at Huntsville, Alabama. It is Melee only, sorry Brawl folks!

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
So let me guess, within the last week of Voodoo, those who all said they are coming are going to back out at the last minute like majority of the other CI Monthlies. Kinda the reason I stopped putting forth the effort in Smash to begin with :/

D

Deleted member

i just posted this in the power ranking thread, trying to get them to close it becuase i think it just causes conflict. tell me if anyone disagrees:

not going to look for it through a bunch of posts but ill make another list. basically it was a top 10 list for seeding purposes with some alternates incase those 10 didnt show. i figured it'd be dumb to seed any more than 10 in our tourneys and its more important for some people to be split up than others.
and no particular order within each group:

tier one to seperate:
lee kyle taylor
tier 2 to separate, which might end up in 2nd or 3rd game vs each other:
freddy, tim, avery, eric, cyphus.
tier 3 to separate who will probably end up 2nd or 3rd game vs each other
patrick, ken, ffox, and vaughn (if he ever entered anything).

thats 12 people and im sure you wont see a tournament with all 12 there so seed who ever shows up away from each other with the top 3 farthest from one another, then the next 2 tiers with decreasing importance of being separated. some alternates in case a lot of those people didnt show up would be:

zakosai, nick, ryan, cobi, and mark (i guess you could just call this the 4th tier of importance)

i dont think a true "power ranking" list will ever fix seeding for you, it will only cause conflict. while this will do atleast as good of a job. i think you should save this post and delete this thread. just imo though.

also, tiers 2 and 3 were really hard to separate and could very well be inaccurate. i think all those players are so close its hard to make a call but i think i did the best i could. if any changes were to be made i could see anyone from tier 3 moving up to tier 2 and anyone in tier 2 being in tier 3 (except tim and freddy. i think they belong there without a doubt.) sorry if i step on anybody's toes. this is just imho.

questions? concerns? disagreements?

D

Deleted member

exactly the right amount of you in it. but you're still my little buddy. im ready to be your role model.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
What day is hobo?

Put the hobos in the first post someone please.

Sudai

Stuff here
Taylor, what you're proposing is the same **** thing as a tier list, just with more ambiguity. I think that'd cause more drama.

Anyway. Anyone want to tack on some ideas to this scenario? Rearistic onry plox.

Buy plastic gun, paint black, speed until cop tries to pull over, go faster, high speed chase, end in a "shootout" with a fake gun.

'V'

Smash Lord
Taylor, what you just described was the exact same system that I used to seed the last smash reformation. I still have the formulas saved on my computer as well. The power ranking plays a little role of importance as well. There's nothing really wrong with having it, seeing as how it helps to keep it around for reference. I'll probably enter a tourney at some point, though I have to say, my position seriously depends on what character I'm using. I'm not kidding. The same crap existed with the brawl ranking as well. Ask ran about it. Lol.

And I actually plan on going to voodoo for at least a little while. Maybe only until I get eliminated.

D

Deleted member

i agree with vaughn and i dont agree with sudai. so you think saying that tim is definitely better than freddy, it will cause less conflict than saying tim and freddy are so close in skill i wont mark a player being better? well thats dumb and you're wrong. avery showed us this recently with his posts. and ive talked to many players about their opinions on power rankings as well, vaughn was one of the main people who were against PRs until i convinced him that a system is needed for seeding. it just hurts feelings and creates conflict. while this may do some of that as well, but to a less degree definitely. i cant believe you dont see that?

now, the only reason i posted this is because curlz refused to delete the pr thread in general because he wanted a reference for hosting tournaments. so i gave him one. but now im being criticized by you saying its the same as a pr. well first of all, i would get rid of the pr all together but people wont have it. i think this is a a better way to seed something without causing conflict among players.

D

Deleted member

i feel like im writing an essay with all these posts. i cant believe people are attacking me for trying to cause less conflict among smashers. im done posting. do w/e you want.

Sudai

Stuff here
Taylor, you assume there's a big difference between putting people in skill brackets as opposed to skill slots. There's really not. I say it'll cause more arguing because it's a lot easier to argue about being in a skill bracket than it is to argue that you're better than someone. That ease is what I think is likely to cause the added drama.

'V'

Smash Lord
The system actually works really well, especially when trying to work it into tio with so many good people as it is. It works even better when you have more categories of skill.

The PR is more of an attendance list. Freddy didn't enter that many as of late, and Eric and Sudai weren't even living here at the time, so that would explain their absence. Once they enter more, the PR will change.

A link to my formula: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11295904&postcount=49

Turazrok

Smash Master
exactly the right amount of you in it. but you're still my little buddy. im ready to be your role model.
But I 4 stocked coby that one time. He won the set but....

I was joking yeah Ima be super good mini lion rawr.

D

Deleted member

well sudai and i disagree. the only way to solve the dispute would be to take a poll! power ranking or skill tiers? who knows?! im drunk by now and i dont want to argue. imo that is what my whole crusade was about. not arguing. once again i like vaughns post. yeah no one wants your balls all over the forum trey. keep it tucked in.
but this made me laugh:
Ima be super good mini lion rawr.

and just some personal info, the last tournament vaughn ran was probably my favorite la tourney ive ever attended as far as tournament running is concerned.

Sudai

Stuff here
Yeah, I should have just dropped it when you wanted to last time Taylor, but I'm a **** and like to get the last word in (I'm not counting this as me getting last word in though, I'll give you that just to show I'm fo realz :p). Yay being human.

I did realize the whole thing was about not arguing and what not but I kept arguing despite agreeing with your whole reason for crusading. lol. I apologize for that shiz.

Top Bottom