- May 7, 2015
Who is Diablo?
Al'Diabalos is a Prime Evil and a primary antagonist of the Diablo series serving as the final boss of all three games (not including any expansions).
He's not going to be in Smash?
- Probably, I doubt Nintendo is eager to put a character that is for all intents and purposes THE DEVIL, in Smash.
- Not to mention there may be a divide between the PC Blizzard fans and Nintendo console fans that Smash may not be enough to bridge.
- There's also the recent launch event for Overwatch on Switch that Nintendo cancelled as a response to Blizzard's "heated Esports moment" so the two parties may not be willing to collaborate anytime soon.
So why Diablo over other Activision Blizzard characters?
- Diablo is the first character specifically name dropped by the company who they would want to see in Smash.
- Diablo is also a very influential series that has defined genres of dungeon crawlers, and action RPGs.
- The Diablo franchise is Blizzard's highest grossing series.
- Diablo 3 is on the Switch with a light crossover with the Legend of Zelda.
- Diablo himself has appeared or referenced in nearly all of Blizzard's titles from Warcraft, Heartstone and even having a playable role in Heroes of the Storm.
- Diablo would be a guest character that was also the villain and antagonist, something that as of this moment hasn't been seen with Smash's guests. In fact as of this writing no playable Guest characters are villains.
- I just think the whole idea of a character that is for all intents and purposes, THE DEVIL, getting 3 stocked by someone like Isabelle, kinda funny.