• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lord of Terror: Diablo

jamesster445

Smash Lord

Who is Diablo?
Al'Diabalos is a Prime Evil and a primary antagonist of the Diablo series serving as the final boss of all three games (not including any expansions).

He's not going to be in Smash?
  • Probably, I doubt Nintendo is eager to put a character that is for all intents and purposes THE DEVIL, in Smash.
  • Not to mention there may be a divide between the PC Blizzard fans and Nintendo console fans that Smash may not be enough to bridge.
  • There's also the recent launch event for Overwatch on Switch that Nintendo cancelled as a response to Blizzard's "heated Esports moment" so the two parties may not be willing to collaborate anytime soon.

So why Diablo over other Activision Blizzard characters?
  • Diablo is the first character specifically name dropped by the company who they would want to see in Smash.
  • Diablo is also a very influential series that has defined genres of dungeon crawlers, and action RPGs.
  • The Diablo franchise is Blizzard's highest grossing series.
  • Diablo 3 is on the Switch with a light crossover with the Legend of Zelda.
  • Diablo himself has appeared or referenced in nearly all of Blizzard's titles from Warcraft, Heartstone and even having a playable role in Heroes of the Storm.
  • Diablo would be a guest character that was also the villain and antagonist, something that as of this moment hasn't been seen with Smash's guests. In fact as of this writing no playable Guest characters are villains.
  • I just think the whole idea of a character that is for all intents and purposes, THE DEVIL, getting 3 stocked by someone like Isabelle, kinda funny.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
You have my support. I've played a lot of Diablo 3 and having a character like Diablo would be sick. He is a villain and has great moveset potential. Sign me up!

jamesster445

Smash Lord

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I know this is an older thread but I just wanted to say I’d love Diablo in Smash. I really love the aesthetic of Diablo, Warcraft, and Starcraft so I would be really happy with someone from any of those games. I bought Diablo 3 on Switch and had a ton of fun with my friends.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Blizzcon is this weekend.

I'm not sure if we should expect to hear anything about Diablo 4 since it was recently announced that it won't be out soon. But I find it interesting that Lilith is featured heavily on promotional material. So we may get a trailer.

I do think we might get a reveal of the long rumored Diablo 2 remake.

We probably will also see Diablo Immortal. Investor meetings have built up the results of internal testings.

So Diablo is going to be relevant for the next couple of years.

Top Bottom