• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The LONGEST Sudden Death

PCHU

Smash Lord
I know that this ISN'T THE longest, but it was pretty long.

Brawl on Hyrunaway Temple, between me (Falco) vs. Pit with blue wings vs. some King Dedede that I think was either brown or white.
Ah, we're all tan anyways, so.....
Anyway....we have this not-intense battle, in which Deduhde just stands there.
Somehow, we all kill each other, and we ALL end up in Sudden Death.
I try my hardest to destroy these freaks, but Pit keeps on Arrow Spamming and Deduhde isn't doing anything.
D' starts hammering, and I start dashing and usmashing.
It does no good.....
So they're all bouncin' 'round, and then OH CRAP.
Bob-ombs start droppin'.

So, after much dodging and time, Deduhde makes a false move and tries to get OUT of n00b safety zone.
The game responded by saying NO JOHNS! and dropped the bomb on him.
One down, one to go.
Pit and I just sorta sit there and dodge for like a minute straight.
Pit had a split-second of ADD and got grounded by means of bouncing off of several walls, eventually falling into the "n00b death zone'.

I must say that match was truly epic.
It lasted for what, a minute fifteen, twenty seconds?
Maybe longer...

Had any LONGER sudden deaths?
Or had one to the equivalent of this one?
Or WERE you in this one?
If you were....well, thanks for dying.

PCHU

Smash Lord
The weird thing is that Pit and I would actually try and get in some hits, but we always hit the ceiling, and we weren't moving out of the safety zone.
Either Dedede tried to get through the tunnel and got bombed, or he forgot to shield and got thrown off to the right.
Can't remember, since it was too long to record.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
My longest Sudden Death has so far been about 40 seconds. I HATE sudden deaths because they're so freakin stressful, especially when the bombs start falling.

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
In a basic Brawl I was Wario vs an Ike. A noob Ike at that. Instead of fighting we just stood there waiting for a bomb to drop on one of us. This went on for like 2 minutes, 30 seconds Im guessing. It NEVER dropped on one of us. Then it finally landed on Ike. Justice.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Changed your avatar, Negi-Kun.....

But interesting.
Sorry I couldn't give full details on the time, it didn't show it for some reason.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Aww, come on, they didn't even try to kill each other.
What fun is there in hanging onto a ledge?
In mine we actually TRIED to KO each other....and we didn't even KNOW each other!

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
One time i played with my friends on Final destination, we went into sudden death for 10 minutes, dodging bombs the whole time, untill I killed him by accident.

true story.

Mac Matrix

Smash Cadet
Lol.

(ontopic) Probably about 45 seconds.

I can't remember how on earth it was managed but it was me (Yoshi) vs my disappointingly bad cousin (Falco) and we were on Brinstar. We started trying to kill each other; the other kept dodging.

I have no idea how we managed to keep dodging bombs but eventually I got an up-tilt on him and sent him off. Then about a second before he was gonna 'ping' off the back a bobomb hit me, blew me off to the right and he won. =_=;

LOL's for about ten minutes afterwards, though.

Top Bottom