• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

Glowsquid

Smash Journeyman
Guess I should say this since I don't think I've come across it in the thread. While it hasn't been 100% confirmed, looking at Japanese Warioware Gold footage, it seems that Ashley's current Japanese voice actress is Inori Minase (this is entirely a guess based on how the voice sounds very distinctly like hers, so I could be wrong), who's famous for voicing characters like Rem from Re:Zero and Chino from Gochiusa, so if you're a fan of her, Ashley's her chance to get into Smash.
That name isn't in the Japanese cast list for WW Gold. Most of the JP vas are rookies, p. much.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Were there any leaks that mentioned both Ashley and a Direct? Those might be a little more credible now, but again, all leaks should be treated as fake.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Maybe after Ashley gets into Smash they’ll finally make Crazy Galaxy?

A guy can dream can’t he?

harukaamami

Smash Apprentice
That one Ashley leak I've been reposting mentioned a Direct near to WarioWare Gold's release with game mode information and Ashley.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Has anyone come up with a reason as to why Europe got Warioware Gold a week before Japan? I'm thinking a possibility was so the Smash announcements could coincide more with Gold's release in Japan.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
I love alliteration, so can we call it Wicked Wednesday or something?
Wicked Witch Wednsday!

Has anyone come up with a reason as to why Europe got Warioware Gold a week before Japan? I'm thinking a possibility was so the Smash announcements could coincide more with Gold's release in Japan.
I would love if that were trueeee.

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I still have yet to see any compelling reason against Ashley's inclusion this time. I have a gut feeling that we'll likely know for sure either way by Wednesday.

My prediction is that we'll probably get at least one newcomer in the trailer, maybe two. I'd love for the Direct to start off with Ashley's reveal.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
I still have yet to see any compelling reason against Ashley's inclusion this time. I have a gut feeling that we'll likely know for sure either way by Wednesday.

My prediction is that we'll probably get at least one newcomer in the trailer, maybe two. I'd love for the Direct to start off with Ashley's reveal.
Yeah I think it'd be great to start off with her trailer, they could show a couple Warioware Assists, Gamer Stage etc. Before going into the rest of the direct. I personally think with there only being 4 months till launch, that we will see 2 newcommers, and an Echo in this direct.

Dogtooth

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai said he made the time to better suit Japan’s time which may mean we are getting a Japanese ballot character similar to Ridley for North America. In that case Ashley is gonna Thanos the competition in the Japanese ballot.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Sakurai specifically mentioning Japan also gives me hope. Ashley is much more popular in Japan than in the West, and I have a feeling that she did well on the Ballot with Japanese voters.

Yeah I think it'd be great to start off with her trailer, they could show a couple Warioware Assists, Gamer Stage etc. Before going into the rest of the direct. I personally think with there only being 4 months till launch, that we will see 2 newcommers, and an Echo in this direct.
Considering that we haven't seen Gamer yet makes me suspicious. It could be that it's not in the game and is replaced by that rumored Diamond City stage, or they're saving it for something special.

It would be a very good sign if they reveal Gamer on the blog tomorrow.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Oh yeah, in other news on the official Mega Man 11 website they added voice clips for some of the characters, I noticed that Roll sounded a lot like Erika Lindbeck. (The voice sounds a lot like Futaba from Persona 5)

Glad to see that she’s been voicing so many great characters like our little witch!

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I'd never thought I'd see the day where Erica Lindbeck, a voice actress I had previously met at a voice actor event, would go on to potentially voice Ashley in the next Smash Bros game. The idea of that is honestly just so surreal to me...

And if she is announced in this direct, then I'll buy WarioWare Gold ASAP and also finally fulfill that promise I made to her in the thank you poster by playing a couple of games she really liked playing on Steam.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Nintendo just posted about Lulu from WarioWare Gold on their Twitter page. I'm not sure why they'd randomly post about her, so it's maybe a hint at more WarioWare content in Smash?

It's probably just a WarioWare promotion, but still, it's fun to speculate.

Last edited:

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
I think that Ashley is one of the most plausible characters to be announced this Wednesday. It's close to WarioWare's launch everywhere, but especially close to its launch in Japan; also Sakurai mentioned in a tweet that his eyes 'were red', which most people relate to K. Rool (fair enough), but Sakurai is such a twisted guy that he could actually be referring to Ashley (she wears red, her companion is red and he is even called Red...) or... most probably it was a passing comment; and Ashley's popularity is at its peak, with WWGold being a game where she's quite prominent.

I dunno but if she's going to be included, now it's the best time to introduce her. The only option is that the wait till Halloween, but I don't know if Halloween is that big in Japan.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I’m gonna buy WarioWare Gold at the mall today, seems like a great time to do so.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
For those of you who have played WarioWare Gold, does Ashley still stay stuff like "laaame" and "wicked?" I keep fantasizing about her saying it in victory screens, star KOs, and taunts and I can't help but get super excited to play as her. It would be really disappointing for me if she just got grunts.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Ashley, Geno and K. Rool all have red eyes. How incredible would it be to see all three on Wednesday?

StormC

Smash Hero
View attachment 155888

Made a small mid-night edit of Ashley's screen K.O! As you can see, she isn't happy about it! Made it with Garry's Mod! Can't contain the hype!
When I opened this thread, this was the first post to appear.

Suffice to say... I seriously thought for a moment it was a leak. Well done!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, if Ashley does get in Smash there is gonna be a large spike in fan art. And not just of Ashley alone, but interacting with other characters from the game. I look forward to the art that will be made, and imagine several pictures of almost mentor & apprentice relationships.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
For those of you who have played WarioWare Gold, does Ashley still stay stuff like "laaame" and "wicked?" I keep fantasizing about her saying it in victory screens, star KOs, and taunts and I can't help but get super excited to play as her. It would be really disappointing for me if she just got grunts.
She says plenty of stuff like that, not sure if lame specifically but Wicked I think yeah.
She also still says "Hocus Pocus"

Dogtooth

Smash Apprentice
She has wicked and plenty more, but I have not heard laaame. If you retry her level she has a very condescending Hocus Pocus that matches her new voice. Got 66 on her level which may be a good sign : )

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
So if we do get Ashley, do you think she'll just be referred to as Ashley, or will we get "Ashley and Red" similar to Rosalina and Luma?

I don't think she'd be a clone or echo, though. Ashley has far too much potential to be anything but an original newcomer.

Dogtooth

Smash Apprentice
So if we do get Ashley, do you think she'll just be referred to as Ashley, or will we get "Ashley and Red" similar to Rosalina and Luma?

I don't think she'd be a clone or echo, though. Ashley has far too much potential to be anything but an original newcomer.
I think just Ashley and have Red incoperated as some moves although it’s really up to Sakurai.

Last edited:

mouthofxenu

Smash Rookie
I have the game in English (I highly recommend it!) and Ashley does say "Wicked," when you do well. I haven't heard "Lame...," but she is appropriately dismissive of you when you mess up. They did a great job with her character and hit both the loner hikikomori and Wednesday Adams vibes associated with her.

BTW, consider me officially on board as a supporter for Ashley in Smash. I'm a long time lurker here, but I think the stars are aligning for the little witch. Additionally, this thread has been a delight to follow ;)

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Depends on how involved Red is in her moveset. Luma is noted due to basically being a separate entity. If Red is just apart of certain attacks and not much beyond, I feel like it will be just Ashley who is named.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
I love red but I'm real not into how rosalina plays, so I hope he's just cosmetic, or at the least doesn't function at all like Luma.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm leaning more towards Red being cosmetic and her being just referred to as Ashley.

I have the game in English (I highly recommend it!) and Ashley does say "Wicked," when you do well. I haven't heard "Lame...," but she is appropriately dismissive of you when you mess up. They did a great job with her character and hit both the loner hikikomori and Wednesday Adams vibes associated with her.

BTW, consider me officially on board as a supporter for Ashley in Smash. I'm a long time lurker here, but I think the stars are aligning for the little witch. Additionally, this thread has been a delight to follow ;)
One of the lines she says is "you must be cursed" when you mess up, so I could see that being one of her taunts.

And welcome to the ever growing Ashley thread.

Last edited:

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace

Probably. Nearly everything she can do is thanks to Red's transformations, so it would make sense that he gets represented in her title. Tho I think he'll be a fixture to her moveset rather than an item you can get rid of like Luma and Pikmin are.

Last edited:
Top Bottom