• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

FarquadMoses

Smash Cadet
Corporate culture seems rather annoying. It's a world filled with bureaucracy and permissions. Smash itself started as a result of not following procedure and Sakurai and Iwata made a demo featuring Mario, Samus, Donkey Kong and Fox without express permission to use them so that the project could get green lit since, if I recall, Miyamoto originally rejected it or didn't give permission to use the characters. Now, things are a lot different now, especially since Smash has proved itself. So I'm rather confident that the creators of these characters would know if they are in the game, especially since Sakurai himself isn't a Nintendo employee and works as a freelancer.
If Ko Takeuchi is putting together the Ashley trailer then he sure as Hell knows Ashley is in Smash.

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
I find it funny that a lot of us are having dreams or nightmares about Smash announcements or something like that. I'm starting to think that 24/7 Smash speculation might not be healthy for the mind.
No dreams here but I did just have a PTSD/ deja vu episode about Ashley's AT deconfirmation earlier if that counts.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
I find it funny that a lot of us are having dreams or nightmares about Smash announcements or something like that. I'm starting to think that 24/7 Smash speculation might not be healthy for the mind.
I mean, there's such a thing as "too much of a good thing", and Smash is no exception. That being said, I can still manage to function as a healthy member of society while doing this, so whatevs, haha.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Random but I learned a small bit of trivia I somehow didn't know before hand. Mona's Song "Mona Pizza" Is Sung by Christina Peyser, the Voice actress of Ashley. She however Ironically doesn't sing Ashley's parts in any renditions of Ashley's song somehow. haha.

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I wonder if Ashley's moveset could be inspired by Rhythm Heaven as well. Kill two birds with one stone sort of deal.

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
I don't see any Rhythm Heaven based moves being in Ashley's moveset except maybe her jumping animation from Tap Trial.

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
Random but I learned a small bit of trivia I somehow didn't know before hand. Mona's Song "Mona Pizza" Is Sung by Christina Peyser, the Voice actress of Ashley. She however Ironically doesn't sing Ashley's parts in any renditions of Ashley's song somehow. haha.
That's because Mona got fired Ashley got hired and had to sing the song as a last minute replacement.

Ashley doesn't sing her own song because she's too modest. They got a fangirl to sing it for her.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
If you think about it, Wario has a freakishly large friend circle for a guy like him.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
If you think about it, Wario has a freakishly large friend circle for a guy like him.
Yeah, I understand Wario becoming friends with someone like Waluigi, as their malicious aspirations compliment each other nicely, but what does Wario have in common with taxi drivers, or a disco guy, or ... children?

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I wonder if Ashley's moveset could be inspired by Rhythm Heaven as well. Kill two birds with one stone sort of deal.
I think it would be best to keep them both separate. A rhythm heaven character would basically have to be an amalgamation of different mini games from the series, along with rhythm based attacks. If you were going to do that with Ashley, you might as well just use things from other Warioware mini games, and having rhythm attacks wouldn't really be Warioware. Anyway, I rather would just have Ashley's move set fit Ashley and represent her well.

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
I think we should be cautious with this pick

If Sakurai calls Ashley about joining, then she might hang up. This would leave Sakurai waiting and having to call her back. I just can’t garuntee that Ashley has a good shot, she’s already hung up on her friend Wario, and with Sakurai being a stranger, he may never be able to get a hold of her.
Well, there's a chance that Red would answer the phone instead... And who knows, maybe Ashley is missing an ingredient for something and has to participate in Smash Bros. in order to get it from one of the other fighters.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Oh no. There is probably some fan theory out there how Wario got in a bike crash and is in a coma and all these friends he has aren't real. That's why everything is so nonsensical.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Well, there's a chance that Red would answer the phone instead... And who knows, maybe Ashley is missing an ingredient for something and has to participate in Smash Bros. in order to get it from one of the other fighters.
Unfortunately, Red IS the phone...er, wand.

PokéMurio

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone, I've been lurking this thread for a while and just briefly want to express my support for the best Warioware supporting character. I haven't been Ashley supporter for long but after inspecting things a bit I think she has legitimate shot of making in.
And yeah, I'm a bit of a Wario fan in general and would love to see more representation of his series in Smash.

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
That image is still wholesome.

On the other hand, I took a look at Gamefaqs and oh boy, this place is filled with so much negativity... And not only toward Ashley. There, it's not about wanting characters, but telling why a character (and his fanbase) is bad.
I used to browse gamefaqs almost as much as Smashboards, and it is indeed really bad lol. Also, I think I found the topic you were looking at. They completely disregarded Ashley, Banadana Dee, and Captain Toad because they were "lame" or something.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I used to browse gamefaqs almost as much as Smashboards, and it is indeed really bad lol. Also, I think I found the topic you were looking at. They completely disregarded Ashley, Banadana Dee, and Captain Toad because they were "lame" or something.
Yes, this one is one of many negative topics. It seems like in this place, every character is "garbage" as long as it's not "your" character. It's not about pros, but cons.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
So....uhh apparently Ko takeuchi recently retweeted a tweet supporting Ashley but then very quickly deleted it.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
That image is still wholesome.

On the other hand, I took a look at Gamefaqs and oh boy, this place is filled with so much negativity... And not only toward Ashley. There, it's not about wanting characters, but telling why a character (and his fanbase) is bad.
Doesn't help that there are so many trolls trying to bait these users into commenting and giving them attention. That all really makes the negativity much worse. Here, at least disagreements are calm and speculative debates.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
That's simply adorable.
Link does have an unusually good track record with witches. Except the one in Oracles who kept bumping into them and making them lose stuff. Keep that one far away from Ashley.

Nowadays it'd interesting to see how she'd interact with Bayonetta. She's basically everything Bayo wished Cereza (herself as a child) was, fiercely independent and not taking guff from anyone.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Doesn't help that there are so many trolls trying to bait these users into commenting and giving them attention. That all really makes the negativity much worse. Here, at least disagreements are calm and speculative debates.
Yeah, the trolling and baiting is obvious, and makes it worse as you say.

So....uhh apparently Ko takeuchi recently retweeted a tweet supporting Ashley but then very quickly deleted it.
Stop playing with my heart, Takeuchi! And maybe stop playing with yours to. Let's hope he is too enthousiast about Ashley in Smash but forget that he shouldn't give evidences!

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Stop playing with my heart, Takeuchi! And maybe stop playing with yours to. Let's hope he is too enthousiast about Ashley in Smash but forget that he shouldn't give evidences!
I remember when this happened last game with Monolith retweeting the July trailer announcement and we were all so sure it was going to be Shulk... now I take these retweets with a cautious grain of salt. Don't tease me, Takeuchi!

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I remember when this happened last game with Monolith retweeting the July trailer announcement and we were all so sure it was going to be Shulk... now I take these retweets with a cautious grain of salt. Don't tease me, Takeuchi!
Well, this is more about removing the tweet than retweeting itself. Although, did Monolith removed their tweet too?
I admit, I'm not really a twitter user.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
but
But...Shulk was in Smash 4

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Well, this is more about removing the tweet than retweeting itself. Although, did Monolith removed their tweet too?
I admit, I'm not really a twitter user.
I don't remember Monolith deleting it, but it's just the fact that the retweet happened in both cases that makes me want to get my hopes up. Who knows if Takeuchi is trying to hint at her on purpose or not?

but But...Shulk was in Smash 4
Yes, but what I was getting at was there a huge build-up of hype to that reveal trailer being him and we were completely wrong. Doesn't help that Gematsu leaker was insisting on it too. I didn't mean to make it sound like I'd forgotten he was in or anything.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
but
But...Shulk was in Smash 4
Yeah, but Monolith retweeted the "newcomer trailer" announcement of July, leading to many people believing it was Shulk. And July was the trailer for Robin and Lucina. So we do need to be cautious about tweets.

I don't remember Monolith deleting it, but it's just the fact that the retweet happened in both cases that makes me want to get my hopes up. Who knows if Takeuchi is trying to hint at her on purpose or not?
I honestly hope. There's a difference in retweeting an official announcement and a fanart, but removing the retweet is suspicious too, especially if he does this only for Ashley.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
I watched a bunch of Japanese character request videos on youtube today (about 12) both pre and post e3

God those stupid yukkuri text-to-speech things they use makes it awkward to understand them ;P

I saw Ashley on all of them though. They weren't ordered by number or anything, but she was on them all.

(incase you're wondering I saw K. Rool on 11 of the 12 I watched)

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman
I've been looking at all sorts of videos on Ashley requests, I've seen a few here in English, most notable is Alpharad.

Though in Japan, she was nearly on every single one. in forums and other media too such as Twitter. Her odds are pretty good, by the looks of things. So, obviously, the most wanted WarioWare character of all. I've witnessed many polls, Ashley wins by landslides. Post-Smash 4 9-volt was the top player, but ever since Smash Ashley has stomped his popularity to the point where it's just impressive.

And going off by that tweet, even the creator of Ashley wants Ashley; who knows, maybe he knows something too.

The thing I'm 100% certain of, if WarioWare is getting a newcomer, it will be Ashley.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ashley looks o have her own minigame (as opposed to microgame) in Warioware Gold.

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman
Ko takeuchi : Retweets Ashley for Smash

Ashley : Takeuchi, you idiot! untweet that at once before anyone notices! you're gonna spoil the reaction like with Ryu and Roy!

Ko takeuchi : untweets it close call, I hope nobody screencapped it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom