• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lippy Build v1.01! Stages, Costumes, and more! V1.5 Coming Soon!

Perfecthell4

Smash Apprentice
Really nice build. Only problem i have so far is not being able to tell what stages to turn on/off in random stage select for the new page 2 stages. I dont want to add all of them, just some of them.

TheLippyLapras

Smash Journeyman
Sitting on a chair, letting my eyes burn.
Really nice build. Only problem i have so far is not being able to tell what stages to turn on/off in random stage select for the new page 2 stages. I dont want to add all of them, just some of them.
That's odd, worked fine for me when I downloaded it, if that's the case, I know that there's an option in the BrawlStageManager that changes the portraits. I wouldn't know why they aren't showing up for you.

EDIT: Also, try downloading the patch I uploaded last night if you haven't already. That might fix your problem.

Last edited:

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
I suppose, proberly just me.

Anyway I tried the pack finally, yeah way too much non-nintendo stuff. Like I said I love the extra costumes and how the extra CSPs are proper default-like mostly as I originally said, but most of the music gives me zero interest. Maybe you should release a smaller pack with the extra costumes and menu stuff only for those who prefer that?

Last edited:

TheLippyLapras

Smash Journeyman
I suppose, proberly just me.

Anyway I tried the pack finally, yeah way too much non-nintendo stuff. Like I said I love the extra costumes and how the extra CSPs are proper default-like mostly as I originally said, but most of the music gives me zero interest. Maybe you should release a smaller pack with the extra costumes only for those who prefer that?

Well you could always alternatively just delete the music and put in your own... same with the stages.

TheLippyLapras

Smash Journeyman
Problem then would be changing all those music titles, both in game and My Music, back to default

I'll figure things out, don't worry. Least I got Brawl Song Manager.

I wouldn't suggest Brawl Song Manager, it can crash quite frequently and halt the coding of your .gct. Stage Manager provides the same functions, being able to rename songs and such. So long as the .pac file for the respective stage is in your SD card. However, you will have to change the Menu music titles manually.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
They want casual. Play vBrawl! Just saying. :3
To be fair, most of the casual stages take up page 2 and page 2 typically never gets used in tournaments. From what I've seen at this point Castle Siege is getting moved to page 2 in the future, at least SOJ did that in his summer map pack.

Willsaber

Smash Cadet
I'm never a fan of changing a character's sound effects (except for Bowser's), and you removed a couple great character textures and replaced them with what I find unnecessary textures, but the new costumes and costume colors are cool, and so are most of the stages.

TheLippyLapras

Smash Journeyman
I'm never a fan of changing a character's sound effects (except for Bowser's), and you removed a couple great character textures and replaced them with what I find unnecessary textures, but the new costumes and costume colors are cool, and so are most of the stages.
Note that I had thought of several things before implementing textures, most of my choices are based on a lot of unified opinions I have seen on Smashboards. Like Ike's costumes, for instance, and Brown Bowser.

If I were entirely taking my opinions and my opinions only into the making of this pack, it would look much different than it does now.

Last edited:

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
Im not very good at downloading things, but in order for it to work do you completely clear your sd card? I am using hackless

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
As much as I find this build appealing, some of the stages included in it seem to be a little unpolished or bland. There's some high quality stages you could have chose over the ones you did, honestly. I really do love the soothing blue background with the Kingdom Heart menu effects, though. Sometimes I just stare at the screen because it's so pretty, haha.

TheLippyLapras

Smash Journeyman
As much as I find this build appealing, some of the stages included in it seem to be a little unpolished or bland. There's some high quality stages you could have chose over the ones you did, honestly. I really do love the soothing blue background with the Kingdom Heart menu effects, though. Sometimes I just stare at the screen because it's so pretty, haha.

Thanks! As for the stages, I know there are better ones. Those are just the ones I found that didn't have lag or compatibility issues. Plus its annoyingly hard to find a good stage to go over Flat Zone 2.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Thanks! As for the stages, I know there are better ones. Those are just the ones I found that didn't have lag or compatibility issues. Plus its annoyingly hard to find a good stage to go over Flat Zone 2.
Maybe try Gloam Valley or Petalburg? They're both Paper Mario stages, so it looks nice with the 2D effect on the characters. There's also a balanced version of Gloam Valley if you search it up.

Top Bottom