• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Blue Connection

Hazeon

Smash Rookie
So, I heard you like the blue connections...I've personally never seen one. Do they really exist? Any pics floating around of one?

Hazeon

Smash Rookie
At the starting screen for "With Friends" on wifi, each person you've already played has a connection status circle to the left of their name. This circle could range in color from a dark red (terrible connection), to a blue connection (which, if it exists, would be the best available connection).

Hazeon

Smash Rookie
Wow...I envy you.
I've got plenty of green connections...but no blue ones :urg:

VEC

Smash Journeyman
I have alot of blue ones, like 5 outta 49 what is worst and best?

SkYHiGh

Smash Cadet
I've had 1 blue bar with someone from NJ. My GF lives 10 minutes from me and we have orange or yellow at times lol. I don't think there's much logic to this connection system at all.

Hazeon

Smash Rookie
Nintendo's wifi is screwed up...There's a guy that lives 6 minutes from me, and we have a dark red.

@VEC: It goes from red, orange, yellow, green, and apparently blue (that's worst to best).

Royblazer

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to have a blue one. D: I only have 1 green and the rest are yellow. >_>

And why does the manual state that yellow is the color you should want? (I think it said that...)

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have like 4 blue ones =D Does that make me the awesomest person here? No really, I think it's because I live in Holland. Lots of smasher, so close together.

Hazeon

Smash Rookie
Holland? Wow...
Yellow to blue is the "ideal connection range"-SSBB Manual

Everyone seems to have blue connections except for me D=

Zeruda

Smash Cadet
Wow... I've never seen a blue connection. Oddly enough, though, I've had a green connection with a friend in Sweden even though I'm way over in the US.

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx
I have a few people in my frinds list with blue connections, but when I brawl with them the connection is bad.... its weired.

gorgon.

Smash Ace
Never seen it. I'm pretty sure I read about it in the Bible, though. "And then God said, let there be one being that stands out amongst them all: 'the blue connection'. If thou sees this delicate creature, thou shall consider hisself blessed."

I have mostly yellow connections, unfortuantely a few red and orange.

I have a friend who lives only a couple blocks away, our connection is orange! Why, I implore? His internet must suck, because I use a USB. Easy as heck, and pretty much destroys lag.

Hazeon

Smash Rookie
Rofl. Nintendo is somewhat new to the world of wifi...I suppose it's only natural that there would be flaws in Brawl's wifi compatability.

Hazeon

Smash Rookie
Does anyone have a pic of a blue connection? I'm really curious about what it looks like...I know it's not a big deal, but still. I may not live to see an actual blue connection for myself XD

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hazeon, give me a moment to set up my recording stuff and I'll take a picture of it for you. =D

Here they are, all connections except for the Yellow one, since I didn't have any in my list:

It's the feared Red Connection. If you got this, you might not want to play this person again. Or you can kill yourself.

Then we have the common Orange Connection. It's decent, but nothing to write home about. I guess if you really want to play this person, it's ok.

Oh shi- The Green Connection. This one's pretty good. Sure, it has it's laggy moment here and there but the general flow of the game isn't too bad. Praise yourself lucky if you get this.

Oh. My. God. The Legendary Blue Connection! Only few will encounter it. You should praise yourself godlike if you have one of these. Epic win.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Just screw it!
I live in europe and ppl I have in my roster are mostly european and guess what?
Only red and orange dots :S
Shieeet!

The Blue connection truly is legendary :/

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
In South Florida all I see mostly is reds, oranges, and I've only seen two greens...I really hope to see more or at least a blue along the way in the future.

Hazeon

Smash Rookie
It exists....I'm in shock O=
Well...now all I need is a blue connection for myself XD

Top Bottom