• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I wanna play too!!!! :p
A new DKC movie is in the works, but the creative talent is unsure on where to go with the animation. (they would also drum up awareness by having a series of shorts starring Dixie!)

I'm gonna try for four & ask, would you rather the movie &/or shorts be animated in...
A. CGI
B. Classic hand-drawn animation
C. Claymation
or D. Live-Action imitation CGI (like what Disney's been doing)
I'm always up for some traditional animation, but CGI is probably the best fit for the source material.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I would like traditional hand drawn animation in the style of 80's/90's Disney but since that doesnt exist anymore I guess CGI

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Haven't got to listen yet but GameXplain has done an almost hour long discussion with Gregg Mayles discussing DKC for its 25th anniversary:

Edit: So apparently GameXplain has week long worth of DK content for its 25th anniversary. This is awesome! Also SomeCallMeJohnny's Donkey Konga Line Charity stream that was cancelled 2 weeks prior has a new date for Nov. 23rd! Then starting on November 25th, youtuber MarsensDomain is doing a week long of Donkey Kong related content. Lot of good content coming for us DK fans in terms of youtubers. Too bad the content isnt coming from Nintendo in the form of a new game...

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Man, what a great 25th Anniversary Present it would be to have Dixie revealed for Smash on November 21st.

In the midst of this celebration we need to spread our gospel far and wide of how Dixie is the last most essential DK pick for Smash and one of the biggest gaping holes in its roster today.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Man, what a great 25th Anniversary Present it would be to have Dixie revealed for Smash on November 21st.

In the midst of this celebration we need to spread our gospel far and wide of how Dixie is the last most essential DK pick for Smash and one of the biggest gaping holes in its roster today.
'Sigh' Knowning our luck, the next DLC character will be a 3rd party protagonist and not Dixie Kong or any Nintendo character whatsoever. Dixie might have her day after the Season Pass.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Alright time for would you rather, question 3 and my final one (as I dont want to spam the thread with these).

Would you rather get a Diddy Kong Racing sequel with most of the tracks based off of DK locales and yes Wise is back to compose the soundtrack OR would you rather just have Dixie, Funky, and Rool in the next mainline Mario Kart game?
Diddy Kong Racing sequel by a longshot. We can't even get Diddy in a regular Mario Kart game anymore. Don't get your hopes up for the rest.

Then again, a new DKR is also highly unlikely.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Haven't got to listen yet but GameXplain has done an almost hour long discussion with Gregg Mayles discussing DKC for its 25th anniversary:

Edit: So apparently GameXplain has week long worth of DK content for its 25th anniversary. This is awesome! Also SomeCallMeJohnny's Donkey Konga Line Charity stream that was cancelled 2 weeks prior has a new date for Nov. 23rd! Then starting on November 25th, youtuber MarsensDomain is doing a week long of Donkey Kong related content. Lot of good content coming for us DK fans in terms of youtubers. Too bad the content isnt coming from Nintendo in the form of a new game...
I'm sad that we got nothing...... Holy **** this is depressing.

I'll count these posts from now on. Hiatus depression post I'm conscious of post #1.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
yknow come to think of it they havent put any new games on the SNES app since it launched. might be nice to release the DKC games on the 25th anniversary of the series. not much but its something.

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
With talk of Diddy Kong Racing popping up, here's the next wave of racers for Donkey Kong Racing!

Tiny
Who's smaller than ever before.
Krusha
Sumo Kong

No longer under Ghastly King's control, but he's still not very happy.
And someone I doubt anybody would have guessed, Lemmington!

On to wave 4!

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Lemmington! Masahiro SeashoreWar loves to surprise us. I actually quite liked Lemmington when I saw it. It's one of the bet Snowmads for sure. It's like baby Lord Frederik. And I did hear that it was popular in japan, so I'm not surprised to see it picked.

Masahiro SeashoreWar's ride never ends.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
With talk of Diddy Kong Racing popping up, here's the next wave of racers for Donkey Kong Racing!

Tiny
Krusha
Sumo Kong

On to wave 4!
Oh my gosh that's so cute (I miss lil Tiny Kong and Pipsy) and what a nice line up of characters you have here!

Sorry for the twin post I swear it's a glitch cause I didn't mean for it to happen.

Last edited:

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord

Tiny
Krusha
Sumo Kong

On to wave 4!
Oh my gosh that's so cute (I miss lil Tiny Kong and Pipsy) and what a nice line up of characters you have here!

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
Lemmington! Masahiro SeashoreWar loves to surprise us. I actually quite liked Lemmington when I saw it. It's one of the bet Snowmads for sure. It's like baby Lord Frederik. And I did hear that it was popular in japan, so I'm not surprised to see it picked.

Masahiro SeashoreWar's ride never ends.
Lol thanks! I did also revamp Kutlass and added an ear to Chunky that I seemingly forgot! (And no one called me out on it)
Thanks! I never understood the Tiny redesign.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Yeah, that's a pretty cute design for Tiny.

I did notice the Kutlass snout, I like it!

And speaking of ears, unrelated, but I was browsing Mario Wiki earlier and noticed that apparently Kannon the Kremling has an ear???????????? The only Kremling with ears!

Anyway, that's amazing as always. I think we'll post it Monday so hopefully we can get it the most exposure we can.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987

Happy anniversary to Donkey Kong Country!!
I love this game. I have been playing it since I have memory. In fact. The game came out when I was 5.... months.

Also in that interview there were a lot of interesting facts. But the most interesting one to me is that Nintendo asked Rare to create new characters and a new universe for them to use. Avoiding Wario or anything Nintendo related.
They wanted a new DK IP... it's ironic and sad how much they wanted that in 1994 and then after the buyout the IP is treated it like it doesn't exist (outside of DK and Diddy in spin offs) unless Retro or some western studio like Ubisoft comes to the rescue.
Come on. At least give us the Trilogy for NSO. I would like to compete with someone here in the 2 player mode to see who beats the game first.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Thanks! I never understood the Tiny redesign.
the justification is that Tiny replaced Banjo in DKRDS, and needed a reason why she would be in the same weight class, so they spurted her growth.

why they couldnt just use another character is a whole other question

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
How much would you guys pay for a DKC Mario Kart 8: Deluxe DLC pack with Diddy, Dixie, K. Rool, Cranky, Funky, Lanky, DKC courses, and vehicles? I would fork over less then $100 or just that much for all that ****.

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
that would probably get me to buy MK8 Deluxe even though i already own MK8 for Wii U

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
How much would you guys pay for a DKC Mario Kart 8: Deluxe DLC pack with Diddy, Dixie, K. Rool, Cranky, Funky, Lanky, DKC courses, and vehicles? I would fork over less then $100 or just that much for all that ****.
I would pay with my first unborn son. Though I would switch Lanky (as much as I love him) with Pauline (I love her a bit more).

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
the justification is that Tiny replaced Banjo in DKRDS, and needed a reason why she would be in the same weight class, so they spurted her growth.

Lanky probably would have worked.
I just realized the Lemmington has shorts up there.

Which by definition now makes them naked in Tropical Freeze.

https://www.mariowiki.com/Lemmington

It's what happens when you give naked animals clothes, you can't take it back now.
Every change is canon. No changes for Troff though!

Dinoman96

Smash Master

The way I see it, Diddy Kong Racing DS was the first game that Dixie and Tiny appeared together in the same game. Nintendo probably felt that having two very similar looking small girl apes with pony tails was redundant, so they redesigned the latter to distinquish her.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I would actually buy the game then.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I still play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe casualy from time to time, My go to racers are Yoshi, Luigi and DK ,But if they did add a Donkey Kong DLC pack at a reasonable price ($10-$20), I would definitely play it a lot more.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
The way I see it, Diddy Kong Racing DS was the first game that Dixie and Tiny appeared together in the same game. Nintendo probably felt that having two very similar looking small girl apes with pony tails was redundant, so they redesigned the latter to distinquish her.
But Tiny has twin tails, wears blue and has a more humanoid like design.
They also have different facial designs so I still don't see what's the point in changing Tiny when the differences are still noticable.
Also redundancy wasn't an issue for the devs in Mario Kart 8 if you get what I'm referring to.

Last edited:

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
Preferably if Pauline and OG King Boo join too. I would definitely love to see Dixie though.

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
King Boo already is in MK8D. He wasn't in the original version on Wii U though.
He's referring to the REAL King Boo you know the one with the purple eyes and tongue and ruby crown with the menacing personality from the 3 Luigi's Mansion games the one that was recently added in Mario Kart Tour.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
He's referring to the REAL King Boo you know the one with the purple eyes and tongue and ruby crown with the menacing personality from the 3 Luigi's Mansion games the one that was recently added in Mario Kart Tour.
I think they can just make that an alternate costume like Gold Mario was. Technically speaking, Nintendo never really said they were different characters.

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252

like if the ghost on the left is just as beautiful as the ghost on the right

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Everyone forgets the objectively best version of King Boo.
KingbooSunshine.jpg

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
It's the same Boo y'know.
Not in my eyes. That King Boo in Mario spin-offs with the generic crown aint MY King Boo. He has absolutely NO personality hes just a bigger boo with a crown. Where as Luigi's Mansion King Boo has a much more menacing design and the personality to boot.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Not in my eyes. That King Boo in Mario spin-offs with the generic crown aint MY King Boo. He has absolutely NO personality hes just a bigger boo with a crown. Where as Luigi's Mansion King Boo has a much more menacing design and the personality to boot.
Even if they use a different design for King Boo for the Mario spin offs and the Luigi's Mansion games, it's still the same Boo.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
The King Boo in Spin Offs is probably some loser Boo posing as King while the true King Boo is trapped in E. Gadd's storage./s

Top Bottom