• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Largest Arms in the World

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
300 was a ********, extended cinema reel of drivel that epitomized American ignorance and bigotry.

For one, seeing how Persians were depicted as negroid trolls. Yeah, great accuracy.

SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
300 is an Eisner award winning comic book known for its amazing art and storytelling. The bluescreen work and imax cameras made the film adaptation an amazing work of moving comicbook. If you think you're the only person who has qualms with the historical accuracy of either iteration of the story, you're a dope. If you think that its the epitome of 'American ignorance and bigotry,' and that its all 'Hollywoods fault,' then you prove you know absolutely nothing about Frank Miller.

You're clearly over analyzing everything to a gross hyperbole so that you can be mad at something. Go read the graphic novel, go watch the movie again. Recognize that it is an HISTORICALLY-INSPIRED FICTIONAL RETELLING. This happens ALL THE TIME, in ALL FORMS OF MEDIA.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
by sunday, you mean the boring day of the week? other than that, i don't get it <_<

edit:btw i know its sunday
Monday is the most boring day of the week =|

300 is an Eisner award winning comic book known for its amazing art and storytelling. The bluescreen work and imax cameras made the film adaptation an amazing work of moving comicbook. If you think you're the only person who has qualms with the historical accuracy of either iteration of the story, you're a dope. If you think that its the epitome of 'American ignorance and bigotry,' and that its all 'Hollywoods fault,' then you prove you know absolutely nothing about Frank Miller.

You're clearly over analyzing everything to a gross hyperbole so that you can be mad at something. Go read the graphic novel, go watch the movie again. Recognize that it is an HISTORICALLY-INSPIRED FICTIONAL RETELLING. This happens ALL THE TIME, in ALL FORMS OF MEDIA.
Wow, hi Tom =P I was thinking a less... critical version of this, 300 was a good movie, not my favorites but yes good.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Mondays and Wednesdays are pretty boring. Sunday isn't that bad. :x

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988

It's not the graphic novel itself, it's the whole environment in which the film was released. I find it hard to grasp its intentions when even a toddler could pick up any of the implications this film could bring.

Now then take a look at the ever 100% Wikipedia (lol) article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/300_film

Check the section named "Controversy".

There were certain little things that you may have missed.

Sure you may call it an artform. Still, the way in which the whole release of the film was gone about just strikes me as not being with the best of intentions.

Don't tell me I know nothing, you can't say that about anyone. I am the other side, just as you are. Such a statement is just a put down you pull out of your *** in obvious contempt for me.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Oh my god.

I'm still over my friend's house and her and my other friends keep watching Twilight. -_- This is the third time.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Fridays are the illest relief ever lol, they always go fast.
Now to think about it Mondays are excellent in the summer.
Yeah they seriously do.
And that is true(for those that don;t work atleast). For some reason I really like Tuesdays in the spring 0.o

Oh my god.

I'm still over my friend's house and her and my other friends keep watching Twilight. -_- This is the third time.
I need to see what the fuss about this movie is...
I feel sorry for you bunny.
It's like a Fan Abused Drug.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
It's not the graphic novel itself, it's the whole environment in which the film was released. I find it hard to grasp its intentions when even a toddler could pick up any of the implications this film could bring.

Now then take a look at the ever 100% Wikipedia (lol) article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/300_film

Check the section named "Controversy".

There were certain little things that you may have missed.

Sure you may call it an artform. Still, the way in which the whole release of the film was gone about just strikes me as not being with the best of intentions.

Don't tell me I know nothing, you can't say that about anyone. I am the other side, just as you are. Such a statement is just a put down you pull out of your *** in obvious contempt for me.
Your problem with the movie is the way in which the film was released? What? That is why you consider it "a ********, extended cinema reel of drivel that epitomized American ignorance and bigotry?"

Earlier, you cited the depiction of the Persians as a point of disgust, but its the SAME as in the comic (taking OBVIOUS liberties in the appearance of their army as ogres and all kinds of mythic-looking beastmen, the movie still remains in the realm of historically accurate enough to be praised). Now you say its not about he comic book? The Persians were made more 'hatable' in the comic, not just the movie. What is the problem? The people who attack the movie are all kinds of wrong for all the wrong reasons. I still don't understand your point of contention with the movie.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Your problem with the movie is the way in which the film was released? What? That is why you consider it "a ********, extended cinema reel of drivel that epitomized American ignorance and bigotry?"

Earlier, you cited the depiction of the Persians as a point of disgust, but its the SAME as in the comic (taking OBVIOUS liberties in the appearance of their army as ogres and all kinds of mythic-looking beastmen, the movie still remains in the realm of historically accurate enough to be praised). Now you say its not about he comic book? The Persians were made more 'hatable' in the comic, not just the movie. What is the problem? The people who attack the movie are all kinds of wrong for all the wrong reasons. I still don't understand your point of contention with the movie.
Ok, final WoT before we move this to PM/VM wherever.

Let me ask you, do you find it fair that Native Americans are always depicted as the bad guys in the old westerns when it was the Americans that drove them out their land?

Bias in movies irks me to no end, especially since Americans are always shown to be the heroes. It disgusts me just as much when Englishmen are portrayed as heroes when they're not.

Now, obviously this is the Greek and Persians. Fine. Now, let's take a look at the lovely white Greeks. Let's take a look at the abominable Perisans. Look at how the Persians are portrayed. In reality, they were one of the most advanced and free thinking societies of their time. That era was a golden era. Perhaps, seeing as how you aren't related to the region, you might not take offence.

Myself, being half Persian, do take offence. You might say I'm getting butthurt, but you know what? Screw that. Americans can get pretty offended by attacks at their integrity and ideals.

The thing is, when I talk about the ignorance and bigotry, I'm referring to the uneducated and those who've been manipulated. You cannot say it doesn't exist. It exists everywhere of course, but being the world superpower, with Hollywood at its disposal, and a massive population increasing the likelihood of said bigots surfacing, there is a potential for the film to spread misinformation.

You call the people who attack the movie all sorts of wrong. Do you think that just one or two crazed Muslims are the only one who attacked it? How about the non Muslims, the Zoroastrians, the Persians, lilke myself.

So yeah, you can call the movie a work of art, and ignore that side of it, because you're educated and free thinking enough to not see it that way, or be affected by such things.

Not everyone is like that, and quite frankly, if I made say a video game about Iraqi civilians fighting back at the American invasion, I'm sure there'd be a massive backlash on that. Would you argue against the principles of that game?

Oh btw, just for the record before you call me a terrorist, I'm no fan of Iraq, since they destroyed my mother's hometown and blow some of my family to smithereens, released chemical agents on my mother's hometown, and chucked white phosporus to name a few.

So yeah Tom, we can agree to disagree about the film, but you calling me a dope and the like is just immature. Personal attacks on me like that are entirely unncessary, it's not like I attacked anyone because they liked 300, I attacked the film itself.

Convoluted train of though is convoluted.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Diddy is awesome because of his chimp noises.

Top Bottom