• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lack of Yoshi's im seeing stuns me.

GSM_Dren

Smash Journeyman
Picked up Yoshi today, considering maining him. His quick playstyle with a variety of good defensive and offensive options piqued my interest. Also pelting my opponents with a barrage of eggs is just lovely.
Yep Yoshi is definitely a force to be reckoned with. Welcome to the egg side. :D

lol, maybe that's why seemingly every decent/good Yoshi player I've encountered there always quits after the first match.
Either that or they switch to a secondary. I'm pretty sure I would not want to play ditto against myself lol, Yoshi's egg game is nasty.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
There's a skype group but honestly it's basically me talking to myself for 4-10 lines until Slice gashi Yika or somebody random in there makes a post.

Last edited:

NoConn

Smash Rookie
NNID
Darkstar1120
I feel like if there was a decline in the amount of Yoshi players it would be due to the fact that playing him required more thinking and tact than in previous games. This is coupled with the relative difficulty that comes with playing Yoshi as well as his "rise in the tier list". Whether Yoshi is as good as the list says he is is always up for debate but what isnt up for debate is that Yoshi has more complexity than most people realize. To be really good with him takes a lot more time and effort than most people are willing to put in. The learning curve for him is just higher.

I have a feeling that if we ever see Yoshi become mainstream if will be due to the fact that more Pros play him in tourneys and demonstrate how they use him. Once people begin replicating their moves, styles and techniques will form around countering them. Thats how meta works and I am sure that's how it will work for Yoshi.

He has a bright future in Smash but only if we see an early rise in good Yoshi players.

Top Bottom