• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Kong Chronicles (Trailer)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
what happened to the days where people put out the combo videos, and not trailers for them :laugh:

o well, not bad for a trailer.

SonicFire

Smash Apprentice
Just here to point out, practically every "combo" in that trailer could've been avoided.

SonicFire

Smash Apprentice
It depends.

A good combo vid actually has varying "combos" that work, or are difficult to avoid.

People should start making these vids out of fighting skilled players.

Player-1

Smash Legend
This isn't a combo video...it's a trailer...you shouldn't judge every thing on just a trailer.

You're telling me that SD, the best Kirby on GB, isn't good? You can't judge people's skills just by one clip in a trailer to a combo video.

SonicFire

Smash Apprentice
This isn't a combo video...it's a trailer...you shouldn't judge every thing on just a trailer.

You're telling me that SD, the best Kirby on GB, isn't good? You can't judge people's skills just by one clip in a trailer to a combo video.
I don't, but even as a trailer, too many flaws.

And don't try saying I'm only directing at one person, it NEVER depends on skill, sure some people are better than others at techs, reading, and sometimes even the character, etc. The truth is, find better people, or at least some more people that know how to dodge and avoid being hit by so-called "combos" that are easily avoidable.

It's simple, really.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I don't, but ever as a trailer, too many flaws.

And don't try saying I'm only directing at one person, it NEVER depends on skill, sure some people are better than others at techs, reading, and sometimes even the character, etc. The truth is, find better people, or at least some more people that know how to dodge and avoid being hit by so-called "combos" that are easily avoidable.

It's simple, really.
I bet half the people on here could beat you easy. You haven't versed anyone in this video so you have no right to say if they're good or not. I bet I could easily combo you like anyone else in this video. Half the people in this video are ranked 50+ on GB or AiB. Like I said go watch other combo videos and you'll see what I mean, this isn't melee this is brawl. It's harder to get combos and not every single thing is going to be unavoidable. If you've ever versed a diddy or if you secondary him or have any general knowledge of him then you should know that dodging bananas, dash attack, aerials aren't easy.

SonicFire

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't matter what rank they are, how good you think or say they are, to put it all in the simplest way I can:

"Actions speak louder than words."

I'm sure even you can understand that, you have to show it, not just try and brag about it or say you can.

Player-1

Smash Legend
It doesn't matter what rank they are, how good you think or say they are, to put it all in the simplest way I can:

"Actions speak louder than words."

I'm sure even you can understand that, you have to show it, not just try and brag about it or say you can.
Yup 100%, so why are you judging them on a 5 second clip that you've seen, and have never versed any of them? I suggest you listen to your own advice

SonicFire

Smash Apprentice
Ah, you ask why judge them on a 5 second clip?

It's not so hard to tell, I judge them based on the clip as they make mistakes, if they're actually good, they wouldn't make them. Say if I were to brawl them, the chances are, they would and wouldn't make the same mistakes, a 50/50 in each case. If they can't simply dodge, it's obvious they're bound to pull off what they did in the trailer, making the percent of failure greater than the percent of succession. You can do this multiple times to the same person, maybe even unlimited times, that being said, find a couple more skilled opponents, attempt the same thing on them, then see if it works on them more or less than before.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Ah, you ask why judge them on a 5 second clip?

It's not so hard to tell, I judge them based on the clip as they make mistakes, if they're actually good, they wouldn't make them. Say if I were to brawl them, the chances are, they would and wouldn't make the same mistakes, a 50/50 in each case. If they can't simply dodge, it's obvious they're bound to pull off what they did in the trailer, making the percent of failure greater than the percent of succession. You can do this multiple times to the same person, maybe even unlimited times, that being said, find a couple more skilled opponents, attempt the same thing on them, then see if it works on them more or less than before.
Humans make mistakes, it's a natural part of being human. You're saying that no one should ever make mistakes in brawl? Something thats physically impossible. Oh well I'm ending this now I don't want to argue with scrubs who act hypocritical towards their own advice, and base things off a 5 second clip and have never played them in person. You're judging them on their skill when you've never versed them. I hate scrubs who post these kinds of things, their like nats in the summer swarming you.

Elliot Gale

Smash Ace
SF, it seems like you're the one who doesn't understand.

Combo videos are made for the purpose of showcasing what the star character can do and making them look cool. Even the best of players can make mistakes and get read, and that's where clips for these things come from.

Would you call Will_ a bad player? Of course not, and I've gotten many elaborate strings off on him. It's called reading and improvising. Since nothing is guaranteed, they don't necessarily know what's coming their way, so they're prone to screw up and get hit more.

SonicFire

Smash Apprentice
@Player:Not saying that they don't, they shouldn't make them to often.

@Elliot:Making characters "look" cool?

I'ts true, but c'mon, reading people isn't as easy as it looks, some of the combos pulled off were readings, but others jsut looked as if the opponent was walking right into it.

Elliot Gale

Smash Ace
Of course a good player isn't making mistakes that often. Combo videos generally take ages to get the footage for. xD

Reading people may not be particularly easy, but it's not as though it's incredibly hard though, especially if the opponent has a particular habit you can exploit.

SonicFire

Smash Apprentice
inc, did you just make an account right now?

And yes, Elliot is very scary.

@Elliot:They don't take too long, but you have to find the particular vids that make the character look best.

And as for reading, the problem is, I don't think any combo vid shows the exploitations capable on a person, since it does only show barely any footage of them.

Player-1

Smash Legend

I'ts true, but c'mon, reading people isn't as easy as it looks, some of the combos pulled off were readings, but others jsut looked as if the opponent was walking right into it.
Last post I'm making with this guy... Make them often? There was one person in entire video that was repeated. You have no idea if they make mistakes often, based off of 1 clip. You can't know it's just 1 clip. Now if I posted 50 clips of the same guy making mistakes thats a different story, but it's one freaking clip you don't know if they make mistakes often or not. I suggest you think before you post.

SonicFire

Smash Apprentice
@Player:In every combo vid, there's always a clip that's repeated, and why would they make mistakes like those? I don't see the logic to it, besides the player made one mistake, and you were able to capitalize on it, and captured you doing so, other than that point, I've seen you prove nothing else.

@inc:You're scary too. then.

Elliot Gale

Smash Ace
lol SF you say stuff like this now, but wait until you see my section of our crew combo video. All different people iirc and a lot of obvious reading (like roll chases and the sort).

Player-1

Smash Legend
*ignoring SF's idiotic post that he has no idea what he's talking about*

Just for everyone's information, the combo video should be finished up early September if every thing goes as planned. My laptop is broken and I'm not working on it on my brother's crappy slow computer, too much of a pain. I expect my laptop to be fixed sometime in the next 2 weeks =)

SonicFire

Smash Apprentice
@Player:Quiet nublet, you have no right to call me SF, only the Elliot nublet does.>=P

@Elliot:Which reminds me, I think I should've added[if I didn't] that Kirby replay against you.=D

Oh, and thanx for help raising my post count, and for the argument.=]

Default_951

Smash Apprentice
eh, I thought it looked good, I understand SF's point but I don't see how its relevent.
anyway I'm looking forward to seeing the full thing :p Messing with marth on DP made me lol XD

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I've gotta back up Player 1 here.

@SonicFire

Fact of the matter is. Brawl has little to no combos. The 'true' combos in brawl are those that only last a couple of hits, at which point most players can DI.

The point of a combo video in brawl really is to showcase a player's ability to capitalize on another's mistakes. Perhaps in some of the more impressive strings the opponent was overwhelmed, and couldn't think quickly enough to DI correctly and escape.

Since Melee and Brawl combos are generally improvised, it's not uncommon for many 'combos' to be a mixture of luck and bad DI.

The footage used here, like P1 said, are small clips, a montage of mistakes if you will. They are only very brief moments when these opponents have made incorrect judgements whereupon P1 has been able to capitalize in the form of a combo.

So back up man =_=

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace

Uh that's probably what makes Player-1 better than you. If you can't READ or MIND GAME your opponent, then you suck. A player is falling down. You can either jump to aerial him(in which he will most likely air dodge) or short hop to make it look like you are and he will air dodge and you can punish it. Then next time change it up. The better player will control the game. A lot of people especially in my state call brawl a "noob game" and a "bad fighter" because it doesn't have "combos". The only reason they say that is because they suck **** at a different kind of game. If you think it's as simple as air dodging, then air dodge ALL DAY. I will punish you when you get out of it.

Combo: "In fighting games, combo specifically indicates a timed sequence of moves which produce a cohesive series of hits"

SonicFire

Smash Apprentice
@Default:So you're here too, eh?

@vyse:Thank you for FINALLY explaining what P1 was trying to say, I thought nobody would ever get it.

@NoiR:Ah, another nublet, you're again basing a person's skill on a certain attribute of which a player has, I know how to read, knowing how to read, you can tell when someone's reading you, of course, it's physically impossible to avoid it forever, but you shoud know when someone's reading you and should try and avoid being punished by it, which should then lead you to turn to midngames, mindgaming a reading opponent can easily punish him/her by forcing[and at the same time tricking] them into several mistakes and then easy punishing. If you want me to prove my point, I'm not afraid to take action, or in this case, brawling you.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
@Default:So you're here too, eh?

@vyse:Thank you for FINALLY explaining what P1 was trying to say, I thought nobody would ever get it.

@NoiR:Ah, another nublet, you're again basing a person's skill on a certain attribute of which a player has, I know how to read, knowing how to read, you can tell when someone's reading you, of course, it's physically impossible to avoid it forever, but you shoud know when someone's reading you and should try and avoid being punished by it, which should then lead you to turn to midngames, mindgaming a reading opponent can easily punish him/her by forcing[and at the same time tricking] them into several mistakes and then easy punishing. If you want me to prove my point, I'm not afraid to take action, or in this case, brawling you.
Nublet? I'm one of the best IF NOT the best in Georgia. Not best Diddy, the best PLAYER. At Brawl anyways ;] If you want to "take action" then come to GA or go to the big Maryland tournament in September. Then you can try and "prove your point". Also, money match me so I can get some free money as well.

SonicFire

Smash Apprentice
This nublet seems to think himself tall.

You can say all you want, you can show-off all you want, hell, I'll even let you keep going, but as far as I see, no proof, no point.

And I don't think I'll be going to any tournies soon, not willing to screw up my education just to go prove my point to you, someone I give even less than a rat's *** about.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Nublet? I'm one of the best IF NOT the best in Georgia. Not best Diddy, the best PLAYER. At Brawl anyways ;] If you want to "take action" then come to GA or go to the big Maryland tournament in September. Then you can try and "prove your point". Also, money match me so I can get some free money as well.
IDK...I'm pretty sure I'm the best in Georgia...=p, <3 noir

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
This nublet seems to think himself tall.

You can say all you want, you can show-off all you want, hell, I'll even let you keep going, but as far as I see, no proof, no point.

And I don't think I'll be going to any tournies soon, not willing to screw up my education just to go prove my point to you, someone I give even less than a rat's *** about.
lol scrub. I'll just keep making money and you just keep talking like you know **** :]

IDK...I'm pretty sure I'm the best in Georgia...=p, <3 noir
I still don't see why you don't come to tournies. You would beat most of the people at them. There's not very many good people. Fullmetal and Desu are pretty much my competition. Well Desu quit, so Fullmetal is.

Player-1

Smash Legend
lol scrub. I'll just keep making money and you just keep talking like you know **** :]

I still don't see why you don't come to tournies. You would beat most of the people at them. There's not very many good people. Fullmetal and Desu are pretty much my competition. Well Desu quit, so Fullmetal is.
IDK who Desu is....BUT Fullmetal!!!! Now I'm going to get out of the house and hunt him down kick is ***...the guy disputed me on Gamebattles and said he won, and then he forged proof and then he got me a warning level +1, and he continues to this when he looses -.-.

But really the only reason I don't go is because I usually don't have a ride, and my parents think that everyone on the internet are weirdos. I might go to a tournament September 20th in downtown Atlanta though at some anime convention. I hate anime (well I'm cool with a few shows), but I might just go for the tournament, and my friends are going (but they won't give me a ride -.-).

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
player1...noir...i really want to see how good you guys are in person

i implore you both to go to the impact clash II tournament in october in atlanta, GA. Im pretty sure im gonna be there, and i hope you are too. I also hope you two are better than desu...i watched some of his games at FAST, and he didn't do very well. He didn't make it out of pools I believe, and I was told he was one of the best in Georgia before FAST. :laugh:

i dont think ill do any diddy dittos against either of you in the tourney though. I pretty much hate all dittos except for ike, capt. falcon, and some sonic

Player-1

Smash Legend

i implore you both to go to the impact clash II tournament in october in atlanta, GA. Im pretty sure im gonna be there, and i hope you are too. I also hope you two are better than desu...i watched some of his games at FAST, and he didn't do very well. He didn't make it out of pools I believe, and I was told he was one of the best in Georgia before FAST. :laugh:

i dont think ill do any diddy dittos against either of you in the tourney though. I pretty much hate all dittos except for ike, capt. falcon, and some sonic
If it's a pretty big tournament, I'm there for sure. If it's going to be small, like 32 people small....maybe...

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace

I heard Desu got his *** beat. Now he quit lol. If I play his DDD smart then I can 3 stock it, but his metaknight gave me some trouble when I was playing it. Since nobody good in GA uses snake or metaknight, I really don't have any practice against those characters.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
IDK who Desu is....BUT Fullmetal!!!! Now I'm going to get out of the house and hunt him down kick is ***...the guy disputed me on Gamebattles and said he won, and then he forged proof and then he got me a warning level +1, and he continues to this when he looses -.-.

But really the only reason I don't go is because I usually don't have a ride, and my parents think that everyone on the internet are weirdos. I might go to a tournament September 20th in downtown Atlanta though at some anime convention. I hate anime (well I'm cool with a few shows), but I might just go for the tournament, and my friends are going (but they won't give me a ride -.-).
Dude, wtf are you talking about?
I don't even go on gamebattles, I've never played anyone online.

You need to get your facts straight.

Also: Desu is #1 in GA brawl, and my teams partner.
Undisputed, tournament record to back it up.

Top Bottom