• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Knee: A guide to pissing off your friends [updated!]

RK Tha Prez

Smash Cadet
Ah... ive heard many stories about this knee, i thought it was a mere fable or even a glitch in the game.... i THINK ILL TRY IT...

*stops shffling and knees his way to victory*

xOmegaWeapon

Smash Rookie
When i was youtube-ing, i saw this vid, and that is why i now play Captain Falcon, However the one i watched was not the updated version.

Keige

Smash Journeyman
Pulling off the Triple Knee in an actual match is like reaching Nirvana. You are never the same again, and your Falcon is feared by everyone who witnessed it forever.

PS: I always love watching this vid!

Jiikuru

Smash Rookie
The Rising Knee (Edge Knee)

It's been something I've been wondering for a long time now. (so here goes....) When hanging from an edge.... how do you recover (rise) with an attacking knee and make it on solid ground (I saw it done in your video at 3:02)???

Also........... what is the right way to edge guard and edge hog with captain falcon?? :urg:

What moves can be recovered easily (fast falling,...) and what is the proper way of doing it? :confused:

Thanks a ton for your help!!!

P.S: I loved the combos you did in the video!! Awesome!

Jiikuru

Smash Rookie
The Rising Knee

It's been something I've been wondering for a long time now. (so here goes....) When hanging from an edge.... how do you recover (rise) with an attacking knee and make it on solid ground (I saw it done in your video at 3:02)???

Also........... what is the right way to edge guard and edge hog with captain falcon?? :urg:

What moves can be recovered easily (fast falling,...) and what is the proper way of doing it? :confused:

KyUuKyUu

Smash Ace
Hopefully far away from anybody who wants to know

Press down to drop from the ledge, instantly jump with a knee and hold control stick towards the stage.

Edgeguard just run out and randomly knee (lol). Edge hog.. um.. grab the ledge..?

don't know what your last question means

Jiikuru

Smash Rookie
Wow

thx for the quick response!!

The last question concerned L/R canceling. Getting back on your feet faster.... ex.: Link's down A attack's cancel....

I was just wondering what C. Falcon's canceled moves are and how to execute them. Whenever I used his B moves then canceled (like the forward B one) it didn't seem to make a difference.... maybe i'm not doing it right....:urg:

thx again

Afro_Ninja

Smash Apprentice
thx for the quick response!!

The last question concerned L/R canceling. Getting back on your feet faster.... ex.: Link's down A attack's cancel....

I was just wondering what C. Falcon's canceled moves are and how to execute them. Whenever I used his B moves then canceled (like the forward B one) it didn't seem to make a difference.... maybe i'm not doing it right....:urg:

thx again
you can't cancel any b moves, or most a moves for that matter. The only ones you can cancel are aerials. fair, bair, nair, and dair.

I'm glad you liked my combos, but they were all(mostly) staged, I'm put to shame by the real combo vids out there : )

edit: that last post was older than I thought, er, this guy is probably long gone :(

Top Bottom