• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The King vs. Pit

Waddle

Smash Ace
Having trouble against this guy. Waddles are too slow to have a spam off against him. Those arrows keep me in the air a lot because I dont want my shield to break and rolling gives him a free grab. The OverB (I think? The spin of justice thingy) is just rigged against me because all I can do really is DI away from it and then I dont know what to do. The only thing I do against Pits is grab mostly. Anyone have any help for me on how to fight Pit? Thanks.

Save the Asians

Smash Cadet
Just got messed up by my friends pit as well. All I could say is to spot dodge, and get as close as possible. Get him in the air and start comboing from there =/. His B Neutral is so freak'n annoying. xP

Save the Asians

Smash Cadet
Usually when I try to Smash di towards him, he shakes off his side b and counters. Pit is just an annoyance for DDD. =/. IMO.

Waddle

Smash Ace
I try to DI towards him during his drill of fury, except I feel like Im just getting stuck there, and not moving an inch. I think DIing towards Pit during that doesnt work, but Ill need other people to confirm that for me please. If it does work, that would be dandy.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
pit isnt so hard, D3 has an amazing spot dodge, u can spot dodge many things pit throws ur way, as for the forward b, just be patient with it, also abuse forward tilt.

meestertiny

Smash Cadet
pit seems to be pretty floaty, so does the flurry of fairs work?

I haven't played any decent pits, but they're still god**** annoying

Waddle

Smash Ace
I dunno. I dont do horribly against Pit. I just have a hard time against them. I usually try to space myself out and Ftilt and Bair accordingly and I abuse grabs which is a good thing I think. The only thing I have a problem with is the arrows and OverB. OverB just drills me as Ive said in almost all the posts Ive posted in here and the arrows are so fast and destracting to me. Pit is Chain grabable right? I can only do it sometimes, perhaps my timing is just off, or I just suck O.o.

meestertiny

Smash Cadet
you should be able to chaingrab pit
personally, I use bair for distance horizontally, and fair for juggling- it has such a wide range

if he decides to use side-b, there's nothing you can do but DI in the opposite direction, or you'll take a hurting

I think inhale works well as a counter, along with ftilt

what really ticks me off is his shield, really why did they have to make it like mario's cape!

Vet

Smash Cadet
You can sheild rush pits arrow spam (run towards him, sheild and drop it, and then rush again) til you get close. If he forward Bs, roll behind him and forward tilt, throw a waddle Dee, or grab, depending on the Pit at the time. You should be able to chain grab him. Your best bet is to keep close to him so he cannot arrow spam him and attempt to keep outside his grab range (remember, yours is further).

Also remember that when he is recovering, once he has jumped with the Wings, if you hit him, he cannot up and B again.

Also, dont forget that waddle dees can absorb some of the arrow spam and allow you to get in closer with less harassment.

Save the Asians

Smash Cadet
The Pit that I play against spams Neutral B like there is no other, and it kind of gets tough trying to evade the arrows as they become faster and faster. -_-, though I haven't tried to run and block, then run again. If I do get closer their side B kills me before I could roll over and attack from the back. Trust me, if this Pit player wasn't using range I'd totally dominate, but the waddle dees are two short to block the arrows, and if I try to recover with up B, he usually spot dodges and counters with an up smash. -_- Although his regicide is a good and useful technique.

Frey

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to say waddle, but pit vs dedede is sided towards pit. He can outspam, and all i can really say is, pray to god he messes up because, an equal skilled pit usually always beats an equal skilled dedede.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I mainly use shield grabs, b/c if I do get pass the arrow spam, he'll follow up with a smash attack. I'll shield it and grab him and then edgeguard. If you can manage to spot dodge and shield good he should be no problem.

JONESxKING

Smash Rookie
My friend is a decent pit. I still destroy him.

Arrows are a pain, but jumping/fast falls work well to get close. However, the closest you should get is the range of your f-tilt. Pits usually set up on the edge of the stage to shoot arrows, so they wont be able to roll away from f-tilt.

Pit's forward and down smash are two hitters, but shield grabbing after the first hit works wonders. Grab Pit to death.

Your ftilt generally has priority over his over-b.

After you throw Pit into oblivion, they'll usually try rolling if they can't spam B moves. If they roll behind you, Dsmash. in front, Dtilt.

Pit's recovery is easily gimped if you get him under the ledge. He can only use his Up+B once even if he gets hit, so if you edgehog and he uses it, hit him with a bair and he'll fall to his doom.

As someone mentioned earlier, fair juggling works, aswell as bair.

And last but not least, throwing waddles while jumping and fast falling can counter arrows if your decently accurate. One waddle hit will be able to get you close enough.

Hope this helps.

rigapeen

Smash Apprentice
waddles are good at absorbing arrows. jump 2 times, throw a waddle and you have cover for a decent while. theres also jump->air dodge->nair, etc

Dream Land Works

Smash Journeyman
Alright here are some tips. First off, just let me get this out of the way. If you use inhale on Pit while he is using over b, you will get hit and your attack will be canceled while his continues.

Now Pit is by far my hardest opponent to face with Dedede, but Dedede has some good options to fight back.

vs. Pit's Neutral-B: Here I usually choose from two options, mostly depending on the stage. Float up onto a plat form if the board has a set up like Battlefield where you will be able to move easier against the attacks. The next option I usually use when I am at Final Destination or Smashville. Basically you hold the control stck in between the top corner and a corner adjacent to it and press b. This will perform Dedede's up-b and it will move in that direction with you not needing to use any momentum at all. The problem with the up-b though is it has its regular ending lag so you might want to watch out for the twirling swords here, but overall it works for me.

vs Pit's Side-B: This move pretty much limits your options, a waddle doo mightcome at a rare chance and shock Pit or you can try jumping back and then float forward with d-air. I personally though just use f-tilt which interupts Pit's Side-B.

Hope that helps.

deadringers

Smash Cadet
This may sound stupid but as i approach I jump and immeadiatly air dodge, so basically is Y followed immediatly by R 2 or 3 times then air dodge toward the ground followed by a side step... i use this approach pit players and it seems to work....try it let me know what u think

yoshi_friend

Smash Apprentice
This may sound stupid but as i approach I jump and immeadiatly air dodge, so basically is Y followed immediatly by R 2 or 3 times then air dodge toward the ground followed by a side step... i use this approach pit players and it seems to work....try it let me know what u think
yea. i do this too. most of the time, if you jump behind him, the pit player will roll back. then you just punish him with d-smash.

Top Bottom