• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Kawn is too good

WassupJB

Smash Lord
i forced Kawn to play! :laugh:

The Kawn is back...jk he's still retired, but i made him play some pretty good underground east bay area (nor cal) smashers..could i be any more specific with the location? i think not! lol

Kawn (zelda) vs cubaisdeath (fox)
round 1
round 2

Kawn (zelda) vs DUBB (fox/doc)
round 1
round 2

Kawn (zelda) vs Hostility (samus)
round 1
round 2
(this samus is definitely a player to watch out for. too bad brawl is just around the corner [i'm not sure weather to smile for brawl or be sad for Hostility lol] )

Kawn (zelda) vs Warp $tar Warrior (kirby)
round 1
round 2
(W$W is always a good watch)

^matches recorded 10/24/2007

hope you guys enjoy this. my youtube channel is in my signature.

BOZO500

Smash Journeyman
haha kawn, and warpstar! those dudes are tight, i played with them a while back. good ****

WassupJB

Smash Lord
BTW, who's Kawn?...
you insult me lol. the kawn is the best zelda period. he is retired now but when he played he beat silent spectre a couple times, now i'm not saying he owned ss cause no one can truely own ss. but i canNOT tell you single zelda player, that i can think of, that has come close to that. "that" being winning against someone on the same level as ss.

by the way, of course these videos are not on youtube. kawn is gettin scraped by ss on every vid on youtube lol.

WassupJB

Smash Lord
lol! yeeahh! remember that big dark handesome son of a bietch! thats me! haha was sup
LOL save it *****. but yeah man we're having a recording next wednesday from 1030 to 7 but word to the wise i'm only posting 7 sets, that's 21 matches max, since sets are out of 3. but yeah man hit up myron or pierre (kawn) for details of getting there any details about the place hit up my thread in my signature. bob$ comes sometimes but kawn and cubaisdeath are regulars.

BOZO500

Smash Journeyman
lol! muahaha yeah bud, i just posted in it, tahaha! i gotta hit one of these! sounds awesome

DRGN

Technowizard
Is it just me, or does it looks like Kawns not completely trying in some of those matches?

I'll watch a few more, maybe they're not all like that.

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
i love you all. its just that stupid game i like, i don't know why i liked it in the first place. anyways , i don't see why there is a thread for this, but i did tell my friend that i didn't care. my zelda isn't even that good, if it was good then i would be best in world, but i ain't. Just wait until brawl comes out, then hopefully I can show people how zelda should be played. DRGN my zelda sucks in those videos and i was trying (only cause my freind told me too) Its hard not to try with zelda, unless you do the wrong things at the wrong times and you know it. Scamp you are a funny guy and your ellen is better than mine, lol. I really don't care what people say about my zelda, its ok i guess and i have nothing else to say.

DRGN

Technowizard
Well, like there's this match: http://youtube.com/watch?v=tH8dw_OYQPA. Where, besides 1 neutral air, ftilt, dsmash & dash attack (one of each), all you did was f/b air for over a minute, even if the opponent wasn't near you, lol.

But I did watch some of the others and they weren't all like the ones I first saw.

I liked a few of your tricks I saw in there; I may have to incorporate. ;) And there was one thing I saw and was like, "wtf?" You used your Up-b for transportation, and then you did it again, but only traveled like half or 2/3 the distance, even though you were only going horizontal on the ground. How did you do that? I'll see if I can find it again....

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
zelda can go 16 different directions with her teleportation. kicking that many times can be a mindgame. usually i just call it the sheridan overdrive, i dont know if he still does that.

DRGN

Technowizard
K Balls is as good as Kawn with Zelda.

zelda can go 16 different directions with her teleportation. kicking that many times can be a mindgame. usually i just call it the sheridan overdrive, i dont know if he still does that.
Ah. Ok, yeah I just tried it out; don't know why I never noticed that before.

Oh yeah, now I remember I've seen Hyuga play Zelda a few times, lol.

So how far do you usually travel for smash nowadays?

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
i dont play anymore if i do its to get some 2d fighters recorded (at dvc that is) or if people pay for me then i play. other than that brawl is waiting for me and zelda is waiting for me in the Twilight, lol. Also if i go to tournies i just go to socialize

WassupJB

Smash Lord
I liked a few of your tricks I saw in there; I may have to incorporate. ;) And there was one thing I saw and was like, "wtf?" You used your Up-b for transportation, and then you did it again, but only traveled like half or 2/3 the distance, even though you were only going horizontal on the ground. How did you do that? I'll see if I can find it again....
yeah man I **** myself when I saw that too man haha. like less than half of the full teleportation. beautiful.

DRGN

Technowizard
I know that, lol.

i dont play anymore if i do its to get some 2d fighters recorded (at dvc that is) or if people pay for me then i play. other than that brawl is waiting for me and zelda is waiting for me in the Twilight, lol. Also if i go to tournies i just go to socialize
Yeah, that's definitely gonna be interesting. I hope she's improved in Brawl.

Recently I've been considering using her more again in competition. I used to use her fairly often, but of course for a long time the higher I went into the metagame, the less effective she became. And of course sometimes it can be frustrating to play her against the constant high & top tiers. Plus, it's not uncommon to pick Zelda and have your opponent react with "Oh well crap he's goin' Sheik, better change to a top tier." lol (I should really use double-blinds more often).

But yeah, I may start using her more against select characters at select stages. Sometimes she does well, if my opponent doesn't realize how defenseless she is, lol.

The Game II

Smash Champion
hey are you going to the NorCal Regionals at SVGL? I'll be there. I think they're going to have KOF XI.

--GCII

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
i relly hope that they have kof xi because people have no respect for that game at all and i hate it. **** Americans

REL

Smash Apprentice
Hey Kawn, I'm not criticizing your Zelda at all. In fact I totally respect you for maining her. I don't main Zelda so placings don't matter in my scenario. I've beaten some quality people with Zelda, but I don't have the guts to go a whole tourney with her. Kudos Kawn. I'd like to play you some time... Although I think Zelda dittos are garbage.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
all you do is teleport diagonally to the ground.

there is a way to do a very very short teleport like 1/8 of the full length or less.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
LOL. I like it. Yeah it's from playing too much Jiggly. It's also known as the "Woz of pain" after Woz (Warrior of Zarona) from NJ.

As far as other good Zeldas go, I beat Sliq's Jiggly using Zelda (in one game, the other game of the set I won was with my Jiggly vs Marth) at Pound 2, who has beaten people like Drephen and Vidjo, AKA he's a better Jiggly than me. I definitely am not better than Kawn Zelda-wise, though.

it's not as catchy as bachman-turner overdrive, but i guess it'll have to do :ohwell:
BTO's not bad.
BTZO is.

Top Bottom