• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Kame House : South Florida Melee Discussion

shalom

Smash Journeyman
Marsfool! you know crispy is on the same level as rock crock and harriettheguy right, if not better. I wouldn't be so quick to say you would **** everyone in SFL besides Emilio. But if you were joking then it's all good. lol

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Marsfool! you know crispy is on the same level as rock crock and harriettheguy right, if not better. I wouldn't be so quick to say you would **** everyone in SFL besides Emilio. But if you were joking then it's all good. lol
I beat rockcrock in teams and played like **** against josh(whom i actually ended up teaming with and getting second -_-). But Im a lot better then youd think ;D

I hoped you got the joke though :D

@Crispy: Ill mm you if I come to that, but I already asked for the next weekend off at work so I can go to the gainesville tourney, so i dont know how that will work out >_<

shalom

Smash Journeyman
I beat rockcrock in teams and played like **** against josh(whom i actually ended up teaming with and getting second -_-). But Im a lot better then youd think ;D

I hoped you got the joke though :D

@Crispy: Ill mm you if I come to that, but I already asked for the next weekend off at work so I can go to the gainesville tourney, so i dont know how that will work out >_<
Yeah we played a little at oscar's when you came, but I left early. I could tell you were frustrated because you were messing up some tech skill, but still those tourneys are just for fun so it's no big deal. And come on beating someone in teams really doesn't mean much. lol You should definitely go to the ZP tourney instead of the Gainesville one though because these tourneys here not everyone tries as hard as they could.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
I wasnt messing up some tech skill, i was a slow retarted version of myself. Thats why I was frustrated.
You didnt see the zero to death I did on his dk in the friendlies right after? Q_Q

Also why I cant go : Im taking renth to the airport after the tournament as well so Ill have to hit up the next one you guys have!

LOL **** yeah ballistics, we always keep that fire on deck shawty.

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
SFL sucks at smash.

Dale being better than everyone isnt saying much at all.

Our best player is a gannon that isnt Tipman or Gannon controlled Zelda.

SFL never has never and will never take melee seriously enough for me or anyone to really care enough to get better(the people that did care or want to care I mean).

eli will be better than dale real soon, he just needs to keep making the effort like no one else will(effort meaning leaving sfl for tournies instead of playing the same kids who dont get any better)(besides Emilio of course).

And Marsfool, alot of people in this thread beat XIF in tourney many times, myself included.

XIF aint **** once you realize you just have to make him mad.<3 XweedIF

but if you get ***** by Dale(which I doubt you will) itll be really funny to me.

shalom

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but he isn't better than everyone lol He beat crispy in one tourney. I'm not sure if you remember me doodah but we have played a couple times at Derek's. Are you still beasting with luigi? Gino (Nafix) also wants to play sometime so hopefully everyone can play a little during this break.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
i gotta get up early to go to ft myers pete but im coming back saturday afternoon and i wanna go to ur house b4 we go to zp (to pregame n **** you)

ugh im such a noob at editing videos, why does youtube have such a stupid time limit on videos!!

nicaboy

Smash Champion
No I don't underestimate the community raphel. I have beaten everyone below me in terms skill not talking about dollar tourney im talking anything where you paid ten dollars to enter. The only ones who can either straight out beat me or i go even with would be yourself roy linguini shiz uber ice phanna thats it. Not to mention i can beat 3 of the people i mention above. O if esam plays more often thorough him in there. If anything jason is up in coming. If crispyone is on rockcrocks level i might as well be really close or on it. I will post better when i get home since im at stevens smashing atm.

no1knows87

Smash Rookie
Marsfool would most def **** over most of you guys in sfl. I played him back in august in Jacksonvile. Um mars I beating you **** easily last time we played espicialy toward the end. But we where going even for the most part. If you want me off my throne take it from me.

Lol eli will tell you himself he has a while before he can beat. Just ask him.

All this aside I love you guys so lets chill out although I love whats going on right now. Allow me to prove myself.

nicaboy

Linguini

Smash Master
Raphael is def. the best(tied with johnny in skill but has alot more exp. than him), nicaboy your pretty good but playing the same people,like pete said, isn't going to get you much better. You've been at the same level for a while now, as well as the rest of the SFL people prob. The only person I seriously want to about get better is Eli because he wants to travel and ****.

SFL smashers never cease to dissapoint me with their laziness and lack of motivation. lol im perfectly fine with someone playing for semi casually, but don't act like your legit trying to improve if your lazy as fvck. no johns.

anywayz me and hax are winning teams at ROM on sat. dunno if theyll let me bring that much money on the plane back hahah

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
imo nicaboy is the redhalberd of melee.

but he hasnt proven himself yet.

and lol he mentiond phanna.

im gonna start playing again so SFL's "2nd" best player isnt black

shalom

Smash Journeyman
Nicaboy you have to remember crispy just recently started getting back into melee, and you can't conclude that you are on rock's level just because you beat crispy once. You do okay vs. crispy because he never really got to practice vs sheiks, not because you're necessarily on his level. I've also seen derek do pretty well against you, so don't forget him. Also if mars really would beast as bad as you say then that could be used to show that the community really isn't that great and there is no reason to brag about being a big fish in a small pond. (Also rock would probably beast you lol he's pretty good at this game)

Oh yeah Emilio make sure you are ****ing recorded at ROM2, and there is no reason that you and Hax shouldn't win teams lol

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Haha dale id kill you, seriously. I was sandbagging my *** off, just like I do every friendly xD

Incomplete combos and west coast di galore. And its funny I think Ive gotten worse since then LOL
<3

Also I hope you guys realize that I really like anyone who plays melee :D

also LOL, jax's community is bigger than GAs, the fact that you consider yourselves small in gainesville is hilarious to me.

Also, nah im pretty sure XIF would tear most of you out the frame as well if you played him now.

precision

Smash Cadet
pete waddup son. come break that luigi out. bring cameron too so i can break his shield.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Lmao why guys why my real name. Any way uh thanks emilio that means alot as well as what shiz said to me. I would travel more but lack money to that kinda thing. Understand.
Pete for one im not south florida second best player its linguini. The best would be shiz. I would say im between 6 and 9. And lol ****ing l phanna is mad good. Whatever pete come play ah with me **** melee. Your to **** funny.

Shalom lol you only seen derek play me in dollar tourneys . The first time i played derek was a five dollar mm and i two stocked him in both matches. He got me to the last match in august and september i 3 and one him. I played peach he took a match from my sheik though. Havent played him in tourney since then not to mention he lost to kevin although i kinda understand what he was going through at the time. I also beat him in mm with my fox lol. But derek is still pretty nasty. Go get them my n!gga .
as for crispyone um thats a sorry excuse because he didn't get much sheik experience my ***. he knows what he is d

crispyone

Smash Journeyman
Lmao why guys why my real name. Any way uh thanks emilio that means alot as well as what shiz said to me. I would travel more but lack money to that kinda thing. Understand.
Pete for one im not south florida second best player its linguini. The best would be shiz. I would say im between 6 and 9. And lol ****ing l phanna is mad good. Whatever pete come play ah with me **** melee. Your to **** funny.

Shalom lol you only seen derek play me in dollar tourneys . The first time i played derek was a five dollar mm and i two stocked him in both matches. He got me to the last match in august and september i 3 and one him. I played peach he took a match from my sheik though. Havent played him in tourney since then not to mention he lost to kevin although i kinda understand what he was going through at the time. I also beat him in mm with my fox lol. But derek is still pretty nasty. Go get them my n!gga .
as for crispyone um thats a sorry excuse because he didn't get much sheik experience my ***. he knows what he is d
I would say not having enough sheik experience is a legitimate excuse. You can know how to play against a character but actually playing against that character is a different experience. You probably play against fox and falco most of the time because they are the most used characters in the game as well as the fact that your brother uses them.

In the end, good job winning that tournament against me. Just let it be known that you won't win any more tournament sets vs me :chuckle:.

Yea Derek, please put up the other matches.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
You don't understand how much you stress me out but i agree. I probably get alot more experience playing them since they are used so much. But i have a strong hate for space animals . Lol thanks man but i assure you I wont let you beat me ever again.
Derek i just found a new rival. Its like goku and vageta. Crispyone is all passive and nice and im a big jerk who feels the need to prove myself for no reason other than pride. We were destined to do this raphel.
Also if i get a ride to zp i could drop by. Still im kinda leaning towards not going cuz again im broke lol.

Cero

Smash Lord
Hey guys, is there still going to be a monthly tomorrow?

I called Lee and he said he's out of state and he's not hosting, but he said that there's probably still going to be a monthly.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
the next big melee tournament where its expensive is 12/5 but theres a 1 dollar tournament tomorrow night at 1030, its my tournament so my rules are: pound 4 rules, yea and you can pause once in a match, totally serious.

lol dale i smell a money match and dont take away the legitimacy of dollar tournaments, when money is on the line it always counts

Cero

Smash Lord
Awesome.

Are people gonna be playing Melee in ZP during the day too? I just want to chill and play friendlies all day.

Cero

Smash Lord
Name's Cesar.

Lol. I remember you posting in my "Musical Smash" thread a while back. Didn't know you lived in SoFlo too. :)

Oh, and my dad just told me that I can't go to your tourney... He says that 10:30's too "late".

What time are you going to ZP? I want to get wrecked in as many friendlies as possible.

crispyone

Smash Journeyman
Can someone please post the Pound 4 rules here? I'm too lazy to look it up haha.

Technical pausing even if it's only one is not cool, Derek. Don't let things like this become habit because you will eventually do it at a big tournament (I think you already have before right?).

Cero said:
What time are you going to ZP? I want to get wrecked in as many friendlies as possible.
People usually show up around 6-8 and play friendlies before the tournament.

zidane3015

Smash Cadet
General Rules:

Melee:

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed

*Pound* 4 Official Melee Stage List

Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

Copied from Planks thread

crispyone

Smash Journeyman
General Rules:

Melee:

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed

*Pound* 4 Official Melee Stage List

Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

FD
Yoshis