• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Journal of Cheer

I_am_Cheer

Smash Rookie
*the text in red was released Wednesday december 23 in the early morning

I feel like every character that is in the game has been created for a specific reason. And that’s why some character are easier to develop, like take CF, he is a high tier and every body can combo him, but he has the best tech chase in the game and that’s why CF mains have been developing CF to be a good tech chaser, so his potential was discovered, for me that’ is what is what we call ‘’the potential of a character’’ I feel that the characters that are top tier, that we have discovered their true potential and that is why they are top tier. I hope that I can continue to ameliorate Simna’s work in the future to exploit the full ‘’potential’’ of ness, I will continue to think about the game more and I will surely arrive to new conclusions that will improve my game.

That was a theory that I tought about when I was thinking about melee in another state of my mind.

Ijust wanted to share this with the ness board.

I’m surely gonna continue to do some thinking, and I will arrive to new conclusions to help my ness gameplay.

I think I am gonna do a journal that will say what I’m thinking about when I am in my session of thinking and I’m gonna write things down here. Should be interesting.

Right now it’s 00:45 AM Wednesday 23 of December.

I_am_Cheer

Smash Rookie
I am not saying, that i have to find them all, i think that for now, i'm gonna concentrate my efforts on ness. But it was more about the meaning of potential into my eyes, what the word means to me actually.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Hey this is a little off topic but what does ness have to use on the ground that's useful or good? I know the bat and dash attack and other moves have rare uses like up-smash and d-tilt and grabs are just plain dumb.

I_am_Cheer

Smash Rookie
@Insane crazy guy, i have read the text that you just posted and maybe this will be off topic but could you give me the definition of useful (or good), like what does usefull means into your eyes??? Is it a move with a big priority??? A quick move??? I would like to know before we continue our conversation, so there will not be any misunderstanding.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
As in useful at least a few times in a match not counting mindgames. Like kirby's nair is pretty useless same for sheik's chain.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
up-tilt seems to be good sometimes if you just got an upair but really an up-smash, grab or another upair so yeah.

f-tilt- why? you could DJC fair with a longer lasting hitbox and more range. but it's a bit faster.

down-smash

I think he has one of the worse jabs not the great of range and I don't it can set up anything.

down-tilt can be good for edge gaurd but there are better moves like the bat or wd on to the edge or up-B.

nair what's for?

up-smash other than yo-yo glitch what?

DaisyBoo92

Smash Apprentice
*the text in red was released Wednesday december 23 in the early morning

I feel like every character that is in the game has been created for a specific reason. And that’s why some character are easier to develop, like take CF, he is a high tier and every body can combo him, but he has the best tech chase in the game and that’s why CF mains have been developing CF to be a good tech chaser, so his potential was discovered, for me that’ is what is what we call ‘’the potential of a character’’ I feel that the characters that are top tier, that we have discovered their true potential and that is why they are top tier. I hope that I can continue to ameliorate Simna’s work in the future to exploit the full ‘’potential’’ of ness, I will continue to think about the game more and I will surely arrive to new conclusions that will improve my game.

That was a theory that I tought about when I was thinking about melee in another state of my mind.

Ijust wanted to share this with the ness board.

I’m surely gonna continue to do some thinking, and I will arrive to new conclusions to help my ness gameplay.

I think I am gonna do a journal that will say what I’m thinking about when I am in my session of thinking and I’m gonna write things down here. Should be interesting.

Right now it’s 00:45 AM Wednesday 23 of December.
No, the other characters just happen to suck ***. Gtfo. Lol.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Hey dude it's not that they are useless and suck it's YOU suck as them. Some low tiers are pretty hard to use and do you even know how you would fight as or vs ness? SOrry you got randomly bashed I_am_Cheer, people can be randomly nice or randomly a jerk mostly jerks.

I_am_Cheer

Smash Rookie
up-tilt seems to be good sometimes if you just got an upair but really an up-smash, grab or another upair so yeah.

I think that ness's Utilt is very situationnal.

f-tilt- why? you could DJC fair with a longer lasting hitbox and more range. but it's a bit faster.

i guess you can angle the Ftilt giving a different knockback...

down-smash

His down-smash is pretty weird, on some stages the trajectory changes.

I think he has one of the worse jabs not the great of range and I don't it can set up anything.

I guess so, there aint no perfect character after all.

down-tilt can be good for edge gaurd but there are better moves like the bat or wd on to the edge or up-B.

Against a wall = infinite easy damge

nair what's for?

I have to test some things with this move.

up-smash other than yo-yo glitch what?
yo yo glitch, other that that, i have to test things.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I don't know if d-tilt would work on the pokemon stage the only one I know that works is pikachu's jab and fox's shine and sheik/samus's jab cancels or something like that all prettu unlikely

jugfingers

Smash Champion
to play ness well, I think you have to be really fast.

I think wavedash dancing/dashdancing into wavedash, is the future of ness.

shielding aerials into djc nair->djc uair/or something else,

dashdance/wavedash into dash attack against characters with longer range,

mastering yo-yo glitch combos out of djc aerials would make ness force to be reckoned with in tournament play, especially since the star jacket is so easy to equip after dropping the hitbox. then you could force your opponent to approach into an automatic combo or allow you to equip the thunderjacket which would put them at even more of a disadvantage.

also complete mastery of ness's recovery, being able to tailwhip opponents while recovering to avoid getting gimped,

also using pk thunder to edge guard for gimps.

but yea I think ness is potentially tournament viable but only for someone who only mains ness and spends all their time perfecting the character.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Note to everybody here: Ness is a bad character.

Wd and dd'ing with Ness is good. If you're not doing it now, then you're probably terrible and need to simply practice more.

YYG is nice to know, but grab combos, djc combos, and spacing are much more important. Practice those instead.

There is no purpose to each character. You honestly think that with a rushed game that is riddled with glictches, the makers honestly cared about balance? Sure it is entirely possible to win a tournament with a bottom tier, but the time investment it takes is just lol. You could master much better characters, in a faster time.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Ironically I technically won a tournament thanks to Ness, but that's because I was being gay on Corneria.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Note to everybody here: Ness is a bad character.

Wd and dd'ing with Ness is good. If you're not doing it now, then you're probably terrible and need to simply practice more.

YYG is nice to know, but grab combos, djc combos, and spacing are much more important. Practice those instead.

There is no purpose to each character. You honestly think that with a rushed game that is riddled with glictches, the makers honestly cared about balance? Sure it is entirely possible to win a tournament with a bottom tier, but the time investment it takes is just lol. You could master much better characters, in a faster time.
I will have you know that Ness is an excellent decoration on the character select screen.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Those are fighting words

I'm money matching your sheik with Ness if you come to BC in may.
Okay.

Can we Ness ditto too?

Also, I've never read this in any guide or post pertaining to Ness but apparently he can u-throw --> aerial on Sheik, Ganon, DK, Link, and a bunch of other characters as an autocombo at low percents.

I've never seen this done. I always assumed D-throw tech chase or D-throw dash attack was better but apparently he can actually like... combo. From throw. On non-FFers. Wow. This is cool.

Probably already known about but I know little about Ness. Now I know a bit more.

Clint_Eastwood

Smash Apprentice
'I am cheer' I like you. If you believe in what you are doing than you can accomplish anything. If you think Ness's capabilities haven't been fully revealed, then you keep trying to unlock them. So many people think they know it all, when they are really the most ignorant among us. Don't listen to them. Keep at it and maybe one day Ness players everywhere will look to you as a source of inspiration.

n0ne

Smash Ace
KirbyKaze posting:

jugfingers, I might actually be able to swing that, but not in May. Like, July perhaps... after my sister moves out west for work.

So, $20 my Sheik your Ness sound good?

jugfingers

Smash Champion
KirbyKaze posting:

jugfingers, I might actually be able to swing that, but not in May. Like, July perhaps... after my sister moves out west for work.

So, $20 my Sheik your Ness sound good?
done!

as long as several coconuts count as twenty dollars.

I live like 5 hours from Vancouver but I am usually down around that area in summertime, so I'll try to make sure im around if you come in july.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
The Sheik boards already use bars of soap.

I'm going to have to exchange my soap for coconuts. Does anyone know the exchange rate?

jugfingers

Smash Champion
The Sheik boards already use bars of soap.

I'm going to have to exchange my soap for coconuts. Does anyone know the exchange rate?

good luck trying to find someone to trade you coconuts for soap.

unless its made out of saponified coconut oil.........

then probably just go by dry weight.

Stormcrow2

Smash Apprentice
Sadly, ness is horrible in melee. I was extremely disappointed when melee came out and tried playing as ness. I got so used to ness on ssb 64 and am actually pretty good with him on there but in melee he is one of the worst, if not the worst character. I main ness on ssb64, but in melee you probably won't beat any tough matches as ness. I main marth on melee, quite a difference than from ssb64 for me

Top Bottom