• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Jamaican smash thread

Cross.

Smash Ace
me and sinji will be playing it :)

im sad tho cuz I have to wait for them to make a patch. Right now its randomly freezing and I cant play it properly :( hope a patch comes out soon.

edit:I "got it" if u kno what i mean

ToSsy

Smash Journeyman
This week is probably a no-go guys, I have to hang out with my family, my aunt just came out of hospital. So yeah, sorry. =/

J-Puffy

Smash Rookie
Hey, someone mentioned something about pokemon. Does anyone know about any pc pokemon games? If ur wondering who I am, I visited the last time you played at H. P.

Cross.

Smash Ace
yo brian ur falco has gotten way better man :) **** was fun as hell last night. We need to sit down and play like a whole night of jus falco mirrors xD.

J-puffy i dont know any pokemon games on pc except for the emulators that play the handheld 1s.

Bryan500

Smash Cadet
haha ya falco dittos last night were mad intense. I think that helps me more cuz i have to play so **** fast against u lol. looking forward to some more next week :cool:

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Just a suggestion, but can you guys record matches and post them in the first post? It doesn't even have to be every friday night, I'm just really curious as to how the scene over there in Jamaica is like. I wanna see the players rippin' it up!

ToSsy

Smash Journeyman
Sure, I have no problem with that, in fact, it's something I've wanted to do for a while.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Ah right, sorry, didn't specify...

I meant both Brawl and Melee. I know some people night not play Brawl and viceversa, and I DO like both games... Plus, what I'd like is to see how Jamaica plays and who they use. I've seen people from Dominican Republic play both Brawl and Melee, and they have a pretty mean Mario player over there... And I'm curious as to what Jamaica has in store.

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
It was an error. It was posted in the announcements section of the site. I think they were trolling us all to change our avatars >_>

Also, WOLMERS!!!!!!!!!!! CHAMPS 2010 *****!!!!!!

ToSsy

Smash Journeyman
Err, I dunno if I'll have a car to drive, since mine, my dad's and my mom's are at the mechanic's >.>....yeah, I know, it's gay.

Cross.

Smash Ace
champs time again already? wolmaz nah go win nuttn xD

@tossy: wow that sucks ur family must have bad luck with cars cant ur cousin carry u again like last week tho?

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
champs time again already? wolmaz nah go win nuttn xD

@tossy: wow that sucks ur family must have bad luck with cars cant ur cousin carry u again like last week tho?
Dude lololol Champs done from last night.

Wolmers won!!

abcool

Smash Ace
I wanna know how many ppl in the jamaican community now. I told alot of ppl here in the bahamas you guys were on the map. Seems like that sparked a fire. Some of our players go off to the states to play though. Cross are any of you guys going to apex2 or G.a.m.m.e to rep jamaica??

Cross.

Smash Ace
abcool, no none are. We dont have the funds, and we really arent experienced players. There really is no jamaican "scene". wouldnt be worth it to pay all that money to go play abroad to not make it out of pools.

Bryan500

Smash Cadet
wont be makin it this week :ohwell:
Im in MoBay at the moment, wont be back in town till next week and Ausp went home for the weekend too.
Im keeping my Falco fresh though, learning some new tricks ;)
hopefully next week beaks can clash again:laugh:

abcool

Smash Ace
I know how u feel Cross, and i used to be that way aswell. I realised that i had to get up off my butt and make a scene XD. It's not huge here either and we won't make it out of pools, but to play other countries and just to know we are known by ppl from other parts is worth the cash. You can go for more than just winning. You can do it ATLEAST once, just to say well yea i went and i got owned, but i beat another country or i played the best and it was fun. I see strawhat and someothers wishing for a true international and i am sure as hell not gonna let puerto rico be on the map and other carribbean countries and we sit down and do nothing.

ToSsy

Smash Journeyman
why?

brian, ausp are u guys goin 2 make it out 2marrow?

tossy ill take u off the players list if your quitting

Dunno, just not feeling it right now, got other things on my mind. Also, I'm not quitting per-say, I just can't make it to the fight night for a little while.

Cross.

Smash Ace
yo abcool I feel you but I still feel before I try playing the players abroad I have to get as good as I possibly can down here. I can still get way better down here(even if its just not ever messing up my techskill) so I jus dont think its worth it now. and pluse none of us have the funds. I am trying to get a scene going tho, I have lots of stuff in mind so well see how it goes. Maybe well go play em 1 day. the thing is though, no matter what it comes down to the players. If the players decide they dont want to take the game serious an put some serious time and dedication into it there is really nothing anyone can do. I can try to make a scene but at the end of it all if theres no real interest to get really good it wont happen. and that seems to be the case in jamaica. There are few of us who feel passionate about the game and will sit down and spend hours practicing, and the players who are considered good down here are hungry as hell but thats only a few of us.

bryan u and ausp dont live in kingston? wdf.So its jus me sinji and taj 2marrow then for smash. Bring that falco tho i go kill it

so tossy ur quitting? taking a semi "permanent" break(which makes no sense) sounds like quitting to me.

ToSsy

Smash Journeyman
I said semi-permanent because I don't know how long it'll last, although "temporary" would've been better, I do admit.

ToSsy

Smash Journeyman
It saidI'm a mod, but that was clearly april fools, lol.
and I would come to chill, but as I said, I have no way to get there.

abcool

Smash Ace
Like i said we are in the same boat. Unlike the usa, jamaica and the bahamas are very similar in the sense where we don't have much ppl that take games very serious, they don't see the point in playing any game for that long and nothing coming out of it. What ya job is as a TO is to give them that reason. In order to do that, you must look at everyone of all ages. In my case i go for teens in school, since they most likely have the free time. Money is what will bring ppl into it aswell. Let them know how big the smash scene is and show them proof of it. You know how much ppl was quick to join the community when i said jamaica have a scene lol. It's like some rivalry. Believe it or not. It's worth it if u have atleast 20 guys. It's all u need and i can give u tips and if all esle fails. Then atleast u tried.

Cross.

Smash Ace
bahamas vs jamaica rivalry would be cool not gonna lie. those of us who feel passionate about the game would put up a good fight I think hehe.

but yeah pretty much the interest jus isnt there on a large scale. I think we can still get pretty good though, as long as dudes continue to support the game. Like I said I have a few ideas so well see how it goes.

I already know 1 player who wants to learn who has the potential to become a beast with marth if he really wants to xD.

abcool

Smash Ace
No. I was saying 20 is all you need. We have about 12 good players and the rest are on and off and like i said, that is because i was gathering from a really long time ago. The best thing to do is upload vids on youtube and in the tag, put jamaica. Secondly i'll keep ppl here updated on your progress so atleast if we do decide to travel, we can go there and play a few matches, seeing that some of my family is jamaican.

Cross.

Smash Ace
All he needs is to master that one move man... Give it time.
not dakid, someone else

jus want to say ggs last nite tossy. was the most fun i have had with melee for a while. Lrn2tech scrub.

and also peach is a ***** ***** *** ***** vs fox and falco on fd LOL ****

ToSsy

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it was fun, but I'm still frustrated that I can't do what I want to do with peach as easily anymore. TT

Top Bottom