• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The issue with Ness and Lucas

hyruleboy

Smash Apprentice
Ness is out.
I KNOW MOTHER, I think I can figure this out, there's no moveset to give him.

Levitas

the moon
Geez, I don't see that there is a problem with Ness and Lucas. And for having no moveset, he seems to have a few moves in Melee/64. Sure they're borrowed. We all know that.

People need to realize one very important concept: If there's no evidence, you cannot conclude something that is not self evident.

for example:
Given sakurai hasn't talked about Ness in brawl,

we can conclude exactly nothing about whether he will return in brawl. Wait two weeks for it to come out in Japan, and then we will know. Right now there is no evidence one way or the other that isn't a product of overanalyzing every piece of information given to us.

And what's all this talk about Mario and Luigi? Ness and Lucas aren't bros, they weren't in any of the same games, and I don't want to demean the Mother/Earthbound characters to the level of those two. There can be two psychics that aren't clones. And so far, the only commonalities have been in special moves, with a couple major differences. Ness and Lucas are two different characters.

PS. Macc, multiple accounts aren't allowed. just sayin'.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
And what's all this talk about Mario and Luigi? Ness and Lucas aren't bros, they weren't in any of the same games, and I don't want to demean the Mother/Earthbound characters to the level of those two. There can be two psychics that aren't clones. And so far, the only commonalities have been in special moves, with a couple major differences. Ness and Lucas are two different characters.
How is drawing comparisons between mother and the two of the most iconic nintendo characters in existence demeaning?

Anyway, that Mario and Luigi talk? Here's the thinking behind it:
1)Mario and Luigi are two characters who are always portrayed as very similar in their games, thus...
2)In smash bros they have movesets that are very similar in appearance, usally sharing special moves with just enough tweaking to change the way the moves can be used, but not the way the moves look.
3)Ness and Lucas are apparently very similar characters in their games, having similar stats, moves, and story roles. Sakurai said they come from 'the same family of PK users', so we can assume that he sees this similarity as significant or at least notable.
4)We also know that Ness and Lucas have different movesets that nevertheless appear similar, via the use of shared special moves which function differently but look the same.
5)From this, it seems possible that Sakurai may be seeking to create a Mario/Luigi dynamic with Lucas/Ness.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure they can get Ness a moveset based on his actual character in Earthbound. And he can even keep PSI Magnet, because it looks to me like Lucas's isn't centered on himself, like Ness's is.

I sure hope this is the case, anyhow.

Levitas

the moon
lol, you guys are too serious. The mario luigi thing was a joke. Of course it's not demeaning.

However, you're still analyzing everything he says. There's really no need. But as this is a place for speculation, and I'm actively discouraging speculation, I guess I should head back to melee.

But really, you guys are at each others throats about whether Ness is in or not. Which of course, we don't know.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Denial is such a sad thing. Look, I don't hate the guy...in fact, I wanted all the original 64 chars to return. But, the case against him is just too strong. There is really no reason to bring him back. Mother just isn't important enough, especially when the characters would be so similar.

=Snake=

Smash Cadet
Brawl's development team is comprised of avid Smash Bros. fans (having over 9,000 Melee matches during breaks while working). I really can't see a group of smash bros enthusiasts getting together and agreeing without question that Ness, a veteran character who's seen his share of conflict, should get the axe. I have a feeling, with the exception of maybe game&watch, that no one from the smash bros universe will be completely removed.

Granetdud

Smash Cadet
I'm placing my bets that Ness will return in some shape or form...

Sakurai has a plan for him... I can feel it...

Plus Ness and Sakurai signed a contract...

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Well, Lucas is not alone in Brawl. I got "insider-info" about it. (Yes, real insider-info) But if it's Ness who will return is unknown.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Brawl's development team is comprised of avid Smash Bros. fans (having over 9,000 Melee matches during breaks while working). I really can't see a group of smash bros enthusiasts getting together and agreeing without question that Ness, a veteran character who's seen his share of conflict, should get the axe. I have a feeling, with the exception of maybe game&watch, that no one from the smash bros universe will be completely removed.
G&W's icon is 99% icon 13. good luck with that.

And I can see a group of smash enthusiasts, who above that are game developers planning out a game and realizing that Ness is an outdated character and the series has moved on. And besides that, Sakurai has the final say on the matter. He has done some work on the Mother series.

You are just looking at Ness as a Smash character and not as a Mother character. Stop it.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
And I can see a group of smash enthusiasts, who above that are game developers planning out a game and realizing that Ness is an outdated character and the series has moved on. And besides that, Sakurai has the final say on the matter. He has done some work on the Mother series.

You are just looking at Ness as a Smash character and not as a Mother character. Stop it.
Being a smash character is important too. I mean, Sheik's right to return is debatable, but that Corocoro Zelda's moves card pretty much confirms her return. It seems to me like being true to the series would have warranted the removal of Sheik in this instance, but the developers decided to twist the rules in the interest of more diverse gameplay.
I don't think any character would be cut unless the developers could honestly agree that their absence would improve the game overall.

Besides, as a Mother character Ness has the distinction of being the only character to make it outside of Japan. Well, until Brawl comes out, I suppose, but then he'll still be the only character to escape Japan in his own game.

Personally, I like to think that Sakurai still cares about the rest of the gaming world outside of Japan. Maybe not enough to worry about adding Japan-only characters, but enough to avoid cutting the only character we know about.

Leatherface

Smash Cadet
Denial is such a sad thing. Look, I don't hate the guy...in fact, I wanted all the original 64 chars to return. But, the case against him is just too strong. There is really no reason to bring him back. Mother just isn't important enough, especially when the characters would be so similar.
i think it would be a bad idea if they didn t put Ness in the game. a whole lot of people just would send the gme flying out the window if ness wasn t in. I always play with ness, and i know that i wouldn t buy it if he s not in.

but...if C.falco is in....ness shou be in too right?

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
Who cares? Lucas stole Nesses moveset and edited it a little... Their almost the same character. Why not play as Lucas instead. And C.Falcon has nothing to do with Ness. It would be a good idea to get rid of Ness. Theres other deserving characters. Someone said Ness was a tradition he's not he was going to get kicked out of Melee, but Mother 3 was still in development or something.

Leatherface

Smash Cadet
Ness should be in. just embracing the idea of having to play with lucas is embarrasing. i think it s a matter of time. if they are smart people, they will add him to the game. if they re jerks and give two ****s about what the gamers they blessed feel,then he s gone.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Ness should be in. just embracing the idea of having to play with lucas is embarrasing. i think it s a matter of time. if they are smart people, they will add him to the game. if they re jerks and give two ****s about what the gamers they blessed feel,then he s gone.
WHY is it embarassing? And what the hell are you talking about? Replacing Ness is hardly a slap in the face to fans, especially because Mother 3 is the best selling Mother game.

Being a smash character is important too. I mean, Sheik's right to return is debatable, but that Corocoro Zelda's moves card pretty much confirms her return. It seems to me like being true to the series would have warranted the removal of Sheik in this instance, but the developers decided to twist the rules in the interest of more diverse gameplay.
I don't think any character would be cut unless the developers could honestly agree that their absence would improve the game overall.

Besides, as a Mother character Ness has the distinction of being the only character to make it outside of Japan. Well, until Brawl comes out, I suppose, but then he'll still be the only character to escape Japan in his own game.

Personally, I like to think that Sakurai still cares about the rest of the gaming world outside of Japan. Maybe not enough to worry about adding Japan-only characters, but enough to avoid cutting the only character we know about.
The debate concerning Sheik is a matter of canon. That's not what I'm aiming for. (See = Roy and Marth in Melee) The only replacement Sheik has seen in regards to being a Zelda alter ego is Tetra, and I doubt we'd see a TP version of the girl pirate.

And Ness's game FLOPPED in America. SSB included Ness because of the Japanese, because it had good sales there. And again in Melee, because Lucas's game wasn't ready. Mother's true fanbase lies in Japan. In essence, Ness was a Japan only character when you compared his measly sales in America to the game in Japan. Crossing the ocean to have your game flop is hardly a distinction.

i think it would be a bad idea if they didn t put Ness in the game. a whole lot of people just would send the gme flying out the window if ness wasn t in. I always play with ness, and i know that i wouldn t buy it if he s not in.

but...if C.falco is in....ness shou be in too right?
A whole lot of people? Poll please!! Seriously, even most American Mother fans know about Mother 3, some even when as far as importing it, and they also realize Lucas's importance overshadowing Ness's. Grow up please.

The majority of people that seem to have a beef with Lucas replacing Ness are Smash players, few of them are Mother fans.

And what does C. FalcoNNN have to with anything? The only replacement he ever got was his lame "son" in the GBA F-Zero game.

Leatherface

Smash Cadet
ok...Let s get ths straight....the reason why i wrote C.falco was, because they where both in there since the first one , they both had their symbols revealed but none of them was shown as a playable character...Yet, and i though they both had the same chances of getting added...so stop the flames, i thought some people were smart enough to understand.

ok, that s One.

second, if you are such a great mother fan, go to an earthbound forum, cause my only concern is to being able to play with my favorite character, just like anybody else.
oh,ness being replaced hardly a slap in the face to fans? so go tell all the people that talk about ness to shut up because they won t really care about it.

If you re so interested about sales numbers, and games that didn t flop, go play tetris

Well, Lucas is not alone in Brawl. I got "insider-info" about it. (Yes, real insider-info) But if it's Ness who will return is unknown.
Who is it? WHOoOOO? Or are you lying to us?
Back on topic: I personally believe Ness will still be in the game period of what others take as "Up until now". The root problem is how people read this, blow it out of proportion and then spam boards saying Lucas replaced Ness.
There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar. They are from the same family of PK users.
But Lucas’s physical combat style is quite different. By which I mean, he does not have the same standard moves.
Up until now also has present tense, so Ness is in the game. It is also completely possible Ness and Lucas could end up like Kirby and Meta Knight. It has been stated in many different first impressions of Brawl that Meta Knight and Kirby are somewhat similar in some respects, noticeably similar in their multi jump and f-airs. Ness and Lucas could end up the same way although visually different. This was my interpretation of reading it the first time.
You disagree with my interpretation of the english language? Well, I disagree with everyone else's and I'll be laughing my pants off when you find Ness in the game, so there!
While he is timid in nature, he fights splendidly. Is it possible he can surpass even Ness?!
How can Lucas surpass what isn't in the game? I really have no reason to continue since it's so obvious that Ness is in the game it isn't even funny... doubters, don't doubt the little boy... he's coming back!

Leatherface

Smash Cadet
aaah....finally a positive quote....thank you Officialsonicboy....are you god? like somehow logged in this forum?

courte

Smash Lord
ok in terms of special moves as a clones... would anyone REALLY mind if the only thing they had in common were special moves??

Having the same moveset for two games in a row, why would they make his basic moves the same as a newcomer, Ness as a clone is ridiculous

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
ok...Let s get ths straight....the reason why i wrote C.falco was, because they where both in there since the first one , they both had their symbols revealed but none of them was shown as a playable character...Yet, and i though they both had the same chances of getting added...so stop the flames, i thought some people were smart enough to understand.

ok, that s One.

second, if you are such a great mother fan, go to an earthbound forum, cause my only concern is to being able to play with my favorite character, just like anybody else.
oh,ness being replaced hardly a slap in the face to fans? so go tell all the people that talk about ness to shut up because they won t really care about it.

If you re so interested about sales numbers, and games that didn t flop, go play tetris
It's Captain FalcoN. The only thing him and Ness have in common is that they were both secret characters in SSB and for some reason no secret characters have been revealed, but unlike Ness, C. Falcon has been in recent games in his franchise.

Second, I GO to EB forums. Stop pretending like you know me. And you're just being selfish. Many people didn't even know Ness before SSB. I *bought* SSB because of Ness. My favorite character in videogame history is Paula from Mother 2 and I'm selfless enough to know her importance to the series in relation to other characters means she shouldn't get in. And I understand it. Man up, wimp.

And I'm only interested about sales numbers when it concerns games of the same franchise to know which is most popular and should be repped in Smash. And Tetris rocks.

Who is it? WHOoOOO? Or are you lying to us?
Back on topic: I personally believe Ness will still be in the game period of what others take as "Up until now". The root problem is how people read this, blow it out of proportion and then spam boards saying Lucas replaced Ness.

Up until now also has present tense, so Ness is in the game. It is also completely possible Ness and Lucas could end up like Kirby and Meta Knight. It has been stated in many different first impressions of Brawl that Meta Knight and Kirby are somewhat similar in some respects, noticeably similar in their multi jump and f-airs. Ness and Lucas could end up the same way although visually different. This was my interpretation of reading it the first time.
You disagree with my interpretation of the english language? Well, I disagree with everyone else's and I'll be laughing my pants off when you find Ness in the game, so there!

How can Lucas surpass what isn't in the game? I really have no reason to continue since it's so obvious that Ness is in the game it isn't even funny... doubters, don't doubt the little boy... he's coming back!
I'm sick of people debating Up Until Now, I don't care. Looking at the whole picture, Ness is most likely out, the only thing that really helps his chances is Onett as a past stage, but really, if they had to bring back Mother stages from Melee it would HAVE to be a Mother 2 stage, as that was the only game repped in that game.

And how can Lucas surpass Ness when he's not in the game? They don't have to fight each other. We know 64 Ness is better than Melee Ness yet they never fought against each other. He has very slim chances, so don't be so certain.

Leatherface

Smash Cadet
The only thing him and Ness have in common is that they were both secret characters in SSB and for some reason no secret characters have been revealed, but unlike Ness, C. Falcon has been in recent games in his franchise. Great ! besides the C.Falcon appereances,You just repeated what i said!:)

Second, I GO to EB forums. Stop pretending like you know me. OH NOOOO! I HAVE TO STOP PRETENDING TO KNOW YOU! i m so sad man, you just knocked my whole world down :ohwell:
And you're just being selfish. Many people didn't even know Ness before SSB. Very True...
I *bought* SSB because of Ness. (how can i tell him that nobody cares???:confused:)
My favorite character in videogame history is Paula from Mother 2 and I'm selfless enough to know her importance to the series in relation to other characters means she shouldn't get in. And I understand it. Good for you! :)
Man up, wimp. :laugh: i can only imagine your ***** *** face....

And I'm only interested about sales numbers when it concerns games of the same franchise to know which is most popular and should be repped in Smash. Yesterday I ate an Apple:p

And Yes. Tetris Rocks

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
The only thing him and Ness have in common is that they were both secret characters in SSB and for some reason no secret characters have been revealed, but unlike Ness, C. Falcon has been in recent games in his franchise. Great ! besides the C.Falcon appereances,You just repeated what i said!:)
No. What you said was some weird statement of them having their icons revealed and what not.

Second, I GO to EB forums. Stop pretending like you know me. OH NOOOO! I HAVE TO STOP PRETENDING TO KNOW YOU! i m so sad man, you just knocked my whole world down :ohwell:
What an immnature way to acknowledge you were wrong.

And you're just being selfish. Many people didn't even know Ness before SSB. Very True...
I *bought* SSB because of Ness. (how can i tell him that nobody cares???:confused:)
My favorite character in videogame history is Paula from Mother 2 and I'm selfless enough to know her importance to the series in relation to other characters means she shouldn't get in. And I understand it. Good for you! :)
Oh look, sarcasm! in that case, it goes both ways. No one cares about *YOU* and your Ness fandom, throw your game out the window if you want to.

Man up, wimp. :laugh: i can only imagine your ***** *** face....
No, you can't.

And I'm only interested about sales numbers when it concerns games of the same franchise to know which is most popular and should be repped in Smash. Yesterday I ate an Apple:p
Me too.

And Yes. Tetris Rocks
indeed.

I'm sick of people debating Up Until Now, I don't care. Looking at the whole picture, Ness is most likely out, the only thing that really helps his chances is Onett as a past stage, but really, if they had to bring back Mother stages from Melee it would HAVE to be a Mother 2 stage, as that was the only game repped in that game.

And how can Lucas surpass Ness when he's not in the game? They don't have to fight each other. We know 64 Ness is better than Melee Ness yet they never fought against each other. He has very slim chances, so don't be so certain.
You're one of the few coherent posters on the brawl boards, but how are you so certain Ness is out? You call his game outdated a few posts back and not selling well in the U.S, look at Pit! I had no idea who the heck Pit was until he was announced for Brawl. And Ice Climbers were the same for me too. And by popularity? Game and Watch was so vague they had to make a name for his character and he was included in Melee. So don't even start with the old game didn't sell well argument.
Another basis for your argument probably is that you heard "Sakurai intended Lucas to replace Ness in Melee but didn't because Mother 3 wasn't on the N64". Well what do I have to say about that? First show me proof or a direct quote that it was actually said because I don't have it. Second, who cares? This is Brawl, not Melee. A lot happens in seven years.
I know you don't care about up until now, but the bias of spammy posters has subconsciencly entered your mind and as a mother fan you've accepted that Lucas is almost like Ness and have decided to put up with it. I also see you really didn't care about the surpass comment, but eh that was for show anyways. It's mostly opinion and taste by this point.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
You're one of the few coherent posters on the brawl boards, but how are you so certain Ness is out? You call his game outdated a few posts back and not selling well in the U.S, look at Pit! I had no idea who the heck Pit was until he was announced for Brawl. And Ice Climbers were the same for me too. And by popularity? Game and Watch was so vague they had to make a name for his character and he was included in Melee. So don't even start with the old game didn't sell well argument.
Another basis for your argument probably is that you heard "Sakurai intended Lucas to replace Ness in Melee but didn't because Mother 3 wasn't on the N64". Well what do I have to say about that? First show me proof or a direct quote that it was actually said because I don't have it. Second, who cares? This is Brawl, not Melee. A lot happens in seven years.
I know you don't care about up until now, but the bias of spammy posters has subconsciencly entered your mind and as a mother fan you've accepted that Lucas is almost like Ness and have decided to put up with it. I also see you really didn't care about the surpass comment, but eh that was for show anyways. It's mostly opinion and taste by this point.
On how I'm certain Ness is out: I'm not. He still has some chance, but I just see them as very small. I guess sometimes I speak as if I'm certain but I guess I do that subconciously.

His game outdated, in regards to ICs and Pit: I'm going to repeat what I told someone else on this matter... The Ice Climbers series didn't get a sequel in which the ICs were replaced by the Everest Climbers, and Kid Icarus didn't get a sequel were Pit wasn't replaced with Kit the angel. See what I mean? They're outdated characters from an outdated series, while Ness is an outdated character from a (relatively) recent updated franchise.

Sakurai wanting to replace Ness with Lucas in Melee: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/0717/index.html There you go, right there on Ness's Melee profile. I once thought that was a bit harsh on Ness, saying he wanted him replaced on his very own profile, but oh well. And yes, Sakurai could've of changed his mind, but when the counter argument to that is "he could've of not" that's a very conditional statement.

Lucas being almost like Ness: Well, they could end up differently, but so what? I'll just have to adapt my playstyle. Characters with original movesets get cut from fighting games all the time, sometimes even without replacement... and outside the fighting genre, many game series have changed radically in between iterations. I get used to it. It's not hard.

On how I'm certain Ness is out: I'm not. He still has some chance, but I just see them as very small. I guess sometimes I speak as if I'm certain but I guess I do that subconciously.

His game outdated, in regards to ICs and Pit: I'm going to repeat what I told someone else on this matter... The Ice Climbers series didn't get a sequel in which the ICs were replaced by the Everest Climbers, and Kid Icarus didn't get a sequel were Pit wasn't replaced with Kit the angel. See what I mean? They're outdated characters from an outdated series, while Ness is an outdated character from a (relatively) recent updated franchise.

Sakurai wanting to replace Ness with Lucas in Melee: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/0717/index.html There you go, right there on Ness's Melee profile. I once thought that was a bit harsh on Ness, saying he wanted him replaced on his very own profile, but oh well. And yes, Sakurai could've of changed his mind, but when the counter argument to that is "he could've of not" that's a very conditional statement.

Lucas being almost like Ness: Well, they could end up differently, but so what? I'll just have to adapt my playstyle. Characters with original movesets get cut from fighting games all the time, sometimes even without replacement... and outside the fighting genre, many game series have changed radically in between iterations. I get used to it. It's not hard.
Well, it's mostly opinion now isn't it? Those are good points, but don't sway me at all as I'm sure mine didn't sway you.
-I still see Earthbound/Mother 2 as a classic game like Pit's and Ice Climber's.
-Thanks for the link, knew it was around but didn't know how to find it. Yeah, it did look ugly then, I will agree, but I'm holding out for Ness in brawl since he was a seriously nerfed character in Melee. I know this is illogical, but Bowser was crap and Kirby was nerfed and they both look decent in Brawl. Perhaps Sakurai decided to beef up Ness a little too with a new moveset? Because in the last two smash bros' that sure wasn't NESS' moveset.
-And in regards to he could've not... what do you want me to say "he could have?" It doesn't make a difference either way, they are both very conditional statements.
Ah, well as I wrote earlier, it's an opinion duel now and not much else. Whoever started this thread better put points/counter points for Ness' chances anyways.

Leatherface

Smash Cadet
Sorry i didn t answer i was eating =S. Yes because in france, it's pretty much 9:17 so i couldn t come back... but don't worry! i know that since somebody payed a little attention to what you were saying, your life just peaked, so i didnt want to make you feel bad! ok so lets waste some more time, just to amuse your stupidity.

Hey,i work with what you give me :ohwell:

Oh look, sarcasm! in that case, it goes both ways. No one cares about *YOU* and your Ness fandom, throw your game out the window if you want to.

Well isn t it what the thread is about?:confused:

Man up, wimp. i can only imagine your ***** *** face....
No, you can't.

i know your uglyness must remain secret, but i can nearly imagine it :(

And I'm only interested about sales numbers when it concerns games of the same franchise to know which is most popular and should be repped in Smash.
Yesterday I ate an Apple .
Me too
Good for you ! you know what they say! an apple a day...:)

Well Then! I must now leave, Unlike some folks (You) my life is full of other things than trying to get online friends on forums! good night. and may your dream of having somebody care about what you say com true:laugh:

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Sorry i didn t answer i was eating =S. Yes because in france, it's pretty much 9:17 so i couldn t come back... but don't worry! i know that since somebody payed a little attention to what you were saying, your life just peaked, so i didnt want to make you feel bad! ok so lets waste some more time, just to amuse your stupidity.

Hey,i work with what you give me :ohwell:

Well isn t it what the thread is about?:confused:

Man up, wimp. i can only imagine your ***** *** face....
No, you can't.

i know your uglyness must remain secret, but i can nearly imagine it :(

And I'm only interested about sales numbers when it concerns games of the same franchise to know which is most popular and should be repped in Smash.
Yesterday I ate an Apple .
Me too
Good for you ! you know what they say! an apple a day...:)

Well Then! I must now leave, Unlike some folks (You) my life is full of other things than trying to get online friends on forums! good night. and may your dream of having somebody care about what you say com true:laugh:
Fine then. You don't know what I'm doing today, you don't even know what timezone I'm in. You don't even know where I am. And WTF? Me? ugly? what does that have to do with anything? I know I'm not good looking, but that's not what we're discussing. You're a troll.

TheOfficialSonicFanboy: Yes, this is mostly an opinion duel, and it will probably stay like that come Judgement Day. GG for now.

Leatherface

Smash Cadet
Fine then. You don't know what I'm doing today, you don't even know what timezone I'm in. You don't even know where I am. Again you think i want to listen to your pityful life...:ohwell:

And WTF? Me? ugly? Yes:)

what does that have to do with anything? I know I'm not good looking, but that's not
what we're discussing.
XD THAT IS. BY FAR. THE LAMEST THING YOU COULD SAY:laugh:

You're a troll.Oh no wait -_- ... that. is the lamest thing you could say...

Chaosteil

Smash Rookie
Erm, here is something I just noticed:
In the Melee Stages: Part 2 update, there was a screenshot of Onett, and there is Lucas in one of the screenshots.

Now look closely.
Why is his hair so flat?

At another screenshot, where the angle was as closely possible to that screenshot, is this one:

The hair is styled up, and it doesn't really seem to move in any of the screenshots.

So what could this be?
Is Sakurai kidding with us and confirmed Ness while he had an alternate Lucas costume in the screenshot?
Or does his hair actually have physics applied?

(And yeah, the first one's possibly false, since Ness wears a baseball cap, but who knows?)

courte

Smash Lord
...so shocked and heartbroken by the new information, although i suppose... anyways--so long as he has some sort of w/ black color, the blow is lessened

Lucina Clash

Smash Apprentice
Finally. Japan confirmed Ness is GONE!

Case closed!

I am positive Lucas will do a good job in thy place.

Dream Chaser

Smash Journeyman
I havnt read the eantire thread, so forgive me if I'm brining up soething thats been said already.

I seriously doubt that Ness is in the game. But I hope he's in. He was a great unique character; now lucas has most of his moves. I have not played mother 2 or 3 but I have played Earthbound. The thing is that Ness used in SSB 64 that was his own was the Baseball Bat. PSI thunder, PSI Fire and PSI Magnet were all attacks that were used by Paula, not Ness (although Poo could use thunder and magnet).
Even the Yo-Yo could be used by everyone.

In Melee, the added move was PSI Flash, which in actual fact was one of his own moves. Interesting how that was the only PSI attack that Lucas doesnt have.
Even so, it does seem unlikely (yet possible) that Ness will be changed to actually be a Ness more true to the series.

Whatever happens, it does seem a little pontless arguing about whether or not Ness is in Brawl, seeing as how little power over Brawl. We might do better to wait for Brawl to come out.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
Ness can only be like a White Mage so to speak (in FF terms)...since thats what he, Ninten and Lucas are...healers and buffers...Ana, Paula and Kumatora were the 'Black Mages'; the people who actually did PSI damage and then the last 2 members didnt actually fit into a category...

mobilisq

Smash Ace
thats not a very accurate representation of the characters' strengths at all

Top Bottom