• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-the Ironman Match-

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Haha... G-reg even puts my name next to "credit given to" and people still worship him for 'his' idea :p

This style of play is too fun though. I've always wanted a 3 character iron man match, 4 stock each, full fledged tournament. Unfortunately, that would be insanely difficult.

I've been doing this since the game came out, I got the idea from Mortal Kombat Trilogy's "3 on 3 kombat" mode. I never really thought people would want to do it so I only played it with my brother and friends, and then after I went to FC: 6 and saw how many people loved crews, I started challenging people to Iron Man matches and it caught on with everyone I knew.

Here's hoping it catches on for Brawl :)

D

Deleted member

I want to do this with my friend now... we're both of even skill level with our mains, but he's got more depth... would be a great tournament idea, as long as it didn't run too long...

Smash Master
Can you have one character be Zelda and one be Sheik? If you just use one of them, can you transform mid-battle?

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Wow, is it just me or is G-Reg an @$$. You let the fame go to your head, deflate time. Your Falcon versus my Pichu, winner takes the other's house, gf, and money. I'll just use Red Marth's choke cord move

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I wanted to do an Iron match so bad. None of my friends tho will accept my challenge because they think its boring. Even though were all around the same skill level. Also I haven't gotten to go to a tourny yet ever since I heard of this.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I got halfway through a 26 character ironman match with Chad :(

Most of the low tiers were gone, and he was a character and 2 stock ahead of me. But, he had lost his Pika and I had lost none of my mains!

Unfortunately it will never be finished.

Again someday, Chad.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I had my first Ironman match the other day. It was amazing. I ended it with a moonwalk off stage falcon punch.

but it missed

Top Bottom