• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Invent an "unlock able" Feature, Character, Stage ect

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
Basically this is a for fun thread where we can have fun making our own form of unlockable in the new smash 4.

In more detail its basically come up with a unique way for one to unlock an item,music,character,stage,trophy,or even mode.

fill

20EggsEggs
so like in 64, classic on normal w/ 3 stocks? i do prefer this over X amount of vs matches

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Oooh~ Love this idea.

Unlockable: Ike

Complete Classic mode as Marth on Hard difficulty.

Unlockable: Chrom

Defeat Ike(Marth) as Marth(Ike) on Arena Ferox 10 times.

Damn. I guess I need to see the Wii U FE stage before I decide about that one.

Here's a better question: Should the Wii U/3DS versions have different unlock methods (Different stages being obious...)

Last edited:

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
so like in 64, classic on normal w/ 3 stocks? i do prefer this over X amount of vs matches
are you saying you prefer to unlock something in the classic mode over x amount of matches.
Thats cool
But what im aiming for is more like

To unlock
Falco

One must use fox on a fox level such and such times then like one of the hazads of the stage gets destroy by an arwing and falco,s like " i got your back fox. Then falco is seen flying in the back ground shooting baddies and then after the fight.
Challenger alert.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
Little mac:
Dish out 500% damage using punches
Play 100 vs matches

Wii Fit Trainer:
Run a total of 5 miles in game
Play 75 vs matches

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Got a few more:

Unlockable: Pac-Man

Consume over 200 Food items. or complete 400 versus matches

Unlockable: Palutena

Activate Pit's conversations with Palutena on Palutena's Temple for all starting characters. Or completely 300 versus matches.

Unlockable: Pac-Man Arcade stage.

Perform Pac-Man's special moves 100 times.

it was like 400 for mewtwo if i remember correctly.
It was even more than that actually, it was 700. Not that any of us ever had trouble reaching that number either.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ridley

Beat adventure with samus on hard diffculty and beat ( whatever) the metroid stage is in less than (###) time

Vs matches 800

IronFish

Smash Ace
Hades "Oh look at that, I'm an assist trophy in Smash Bros... oh and all I do is cover the stage so the poor fighters can't see what there doing"
Viridi "Hades stop talking about that! And go away your obstructing the game!
Hades "Look now you're blocking the stage to! Thanks for the help Rosebud!"
Viridi "Hades!... Ugh I... Just stop!"
Hades "Oh well I suppose I've had my fun, I'll return to spectating this senseless violence"
Viridi "Thank you... and stop talking about stuff you aren't supposed to!"
Hades "Ta ta"

Maybe have varying conversations

Last edited:

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
Hades "Oh look at that, I'm an assist trophy in Smash Bros... oh and all I do is cover the stage so the poor fighters can't see what there doing"
Viridi "Hades stop talking about that! And go away your obstructing the game!
Hades "Look now you're blocking the stage to! Thanks for the help Rosebud!"
Viridi "Hades!... Ugh I... Just stop!"
Hades "Oh well I suppose I've had my fun, I'll return to spectating this senseless violence"
Viridi "Thank you... and stop talking stuff you aren't supposed to!"
Hade "Ta ta"

Maybe have varying conversations
Hades " ugh im so tired i think ill rest right here. Hmm? What im obstructing your game? How undignified of me i am a assist trophy after all. Perhaps i should assist. (Shoots player who summoned him) What? i hit the wrong person. Well how do you expect me to know who summoned me. This is just bad coding. What! sakurai's behind this game? Explain's everything his work was always spotty. Remind to take his soul later. But for now i bid you adieu.

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
Hades " ugh im so tired i think ill rest right here. Hmm? What im obstructing your game? How undignified of me i am a assist trophy after all. Perhaps i should assist. (Shoots player who summoned him) What? i hit the wrong person. Well how do you expect me to know who summoned me. This is just bad coding. What! sakurai's behind this game? Explain's everything his work was always spotty. Remind to take his soul later. But for now i bid you adieu.
that one and the one with Viridi would awesome, just like how there two Ressetti conversations

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I was actually thinking about this today. I think Luigi should be either the easiest, or one of the easiest to unlock. I think unlocking him should just be completing classic mode with Mario.

I also think the number of matches required to unlock the first character should be 20 or 25 rather than 5. With Ness in Brawl, it just felt pointless.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
I came up with one for my precious Plasm Wraith:

-Deal an overall total of 1000% damage with Olimar's Pikmin.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Unlockable: Shulk + Sword Valley stage

Beat at least 20 events

Unlockable: Ghirahim

Fight on the Skyloft stage at least 20 times, or beat Classic on hard mode with Link.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Oooh~ Love this idea.

Unlockable: Ike

Complete Classic mode as Marth on Hard difficulty.

Unlockable: Chrom

Defeat Ike(Marth) as Marth(Ike) on Arena Ferox 10 times.

Damn. I guess I need to see the Wii U FE stage before I decide about that one.

Here's a better question: Should the Wii U/3DS versions have different unlock methods (Different stages being obious...)
YES. They SHOULD. OMG. You're on to something. That would easily allow for the game to be a fresher experience. That way, when you get the Wii U version, you're not knowing how to unlock characters left and right.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Mii
Create ten custom names

Chorus Men
Perform 50 succesful counter/reflect manuevers

Greninja
Play 701 vs matches :troll:

DM1

Banned via Warnings
This one might seem a bit out there, but bare with me for a second:

Jigglypuff

Beat Classic Mode on any difficulty.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
For this switching the character

Mewtwo

Beat event master ball madness (aka legendary pokemon 2)on normal or higher diffculty

Vs matches 700 (just like melee)

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Optional New Game +

After unlocking all characters, re-lock all characters except for the initial N64 Roster consisting of Mario, Link, DK, Pikachu, Fox, Samus, Yoshi, and Kirby.

Face challenges with increased unlock conditions/difficulty, initially you can only unlock Ness, Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, and Luigi. For example, in order to unlock Jigglypuff, Classic must be cleared on Hard/Very Hard mode without continues.

After unlocking the entire N64 cast, proceed to repeat the process with challenges pertaining to the Melee, Brawl, and finally SSB4/5 cast.

You have the option of opting out of New Game + whenever you like, and progress will not be lost. However, upon completion of New Game +, points will be added to your Global Smash Power.

Last edited:

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Optional New Game +

After unlocking all characters, re-lock all characters except for the initial N64 Roster consisting of Mario, Link, DK, Pikachu, Fox, Samus, Yoshi, and Kirby.

Face challenges with increased unlock conditions/difficulty, initially you can only unlock Ness, Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, and Luigi. For example, in order to unlock Jigglypuff, Classic must be cleared on Hard/Very Hard mode without continues.

After unlocking the entire N64 cast, proceed to repeat the process with challenges pertaining to the Melee, Brawl, and finally SSB4/5 cast.

You have the option of opting out of New Game + whenever you like, and progress will not be lost. However, upon completion of New Game +, points will be added to your Global Smash Power.
Won't happen but love thus idea. I even like the idea of random new game plus. It's random per system. So you would have more replay value (except it's smash)

Gavitro

Smash Cadet
Oh, this seems fun!

Mewtwo: Play a set amount of hours either in "For Glory" mode or normal Versus. Or maybe complete a certain mode on the hardest difficulty, which is how you unlocked the Mewtwo trophy in Brawl.

Except I don't want the former to happen again. That is why I have such a hard time unlocking him.

Popi

Former EIC
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
PowpiPenguin
Megaman

-Play 10 matches on Wily Castle. On the 10th+ game, defeat the Yellow Devil and the winner will fight Megaman on the FD version of WC.
-Play 10 matches as Mario vs Sonic on Windy Hill Zone or 10 matches as Sonic vs Mario on Mario Galaxy. A cutscene will play after the match wherein Megaman teleports between the 2 and uses his down-smash. The winner will fight him on the FD version of either stage.

Ridley

-Complete Classic Mode (or whatever equivalent) using Samus.
-Defeat the Ridley stage hazard while playing on Pyrosphere and the winner of the match will face a smaller version of him on the FD version of Pyrosphere.

Marxl141

Smash Rookie
Unlock character: Silver

-Play as Sonic and run at least 20 miles in game.
OR
-Survive endless man melee for at least 8 minutes.

Unlock: Ness

-Score at least 300 metres in the homerun contest.
OR
-Win 3 VS Matches with all of the N64 SSB cast.

Unlock: Greninja

-Play 300 VS Matches
OR
-Win event match X on hard difficulty (Involves a pokemon battle kind of thing but you play as Sheik)

Unlock: Luigi

-Defeat Mario with all of the Mario representatives in VS Mode (Peach, Bowser, Rosalina)
OR
-Finish target smash level 3 in under 25 seconds with Mario.

Unlock: Baby Mario and Baby Luigi (Yes it's a stretch)

-Win event mode on normal difficulty with every character
OR
-Play 400 VS Matches

I might do some more later this is pretty fun.

Top Bottom