• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Innocent Magitek Knight Summons to Battle: Terra Branford for Smash Ultimate! Searching For Friends

Are you willing to join the Returners?

• Total voters

Xgears

Smash Apprentice
It's because of Sakurai that people want him. If Sakurai said nothing about him or didn't include the míi costume , way less people would want him. I don't see the appeal of him since nobody outside the Smash fan base wants him.

D

Deleted member

I would like for his fans to be happy at the very least. Though to be honest, Geno's rabid support kind of makes me scratch my head. It's a game as old as FFVI yet unlike Terra, Geno hasn't made a game appearance aside from cameos in 22 years. It leaves me stumped as to how he has such a fan demand in spite of the fact that younger players shouldn't know him at all. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that people won't stop talking about him? And what about Mallow? I can't help but feel so sorry that fans obsess over Geno yet leave Mallow in the dirt. lol
You know, I am just as confused as to why Geno has such a big following too. As a character who appeared in one Mario RPG, I don't see why he should be added over other Square Enix characters... I'm not convinced.
To represent RPGs, I rather have the Mario characters be given Mario & Luigi moves (like Luigi has the Thunderhand and Bowser has his punch from Bowser's Inside Story) or I rather have Paper Mario.

It's odd. I love Final Fantasy and I have played Mario games since I was a child, but I have no interest in Mario RPG.

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
I never played Super Mario RPG myself but I loved TTYD.

Waiting for the next Direct is going to be really hard...

EDIT: Nvm. It's tomorrow.

Last edited:

I Never Felt It Before

Smash Apprentice
I never played Super Mario RPG myself but I loved TTYD.

Waiting for the next Direct is going to be really hard...

EDIT: Nvm. It's tomorrow.

Play it and you'd love to have Geno too. Though Mallow is better but everyone leans towards Geno so, yeah.

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Quietly freaking out about tomorrow. The Neogaf leak could either be debunked or gain additional credibility... I want to believe it really badly for Terra's sake but it could go either way really.

Last edited:

I Never Felt It Before

Smash Apprentice
Quietly freaking out about tomorrow. The Neogaf leak could either be debunked or gain additional credibility... I want to believe it really badly for Terra's sake but it could go either way really.
Wasn't there another leak that said the direct was on on the TWELVEth?

also I personally am keeping my hopes down. Even if there's a smash. They did say upcoming titles afterall. That's how I got Montblanc in FFRK anyways. By speculating him and expecting the worst for him, then low and behold. He along with Marche are the only one representing Final fantasy Tactics Advance

Last edited:

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
I'm not expecting Terra to be unvieled tomorrow or anything. If it's anything that would suggest that the Neogaf leaker is correct though (Monster Hunter) I'll be happy.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Regardless of what happens, I'm glad that Terra support is bigger (or at least more vocal) than it ever has been before. As a longtime fan of FFVI and Terra, having quietly supported her over the years in spite of all the Geno-mania the Smash community has, it does me good knowing there are more people now willing to express their support for her despite the odds. Whether it'll mean anything in the end, well, we'll just have to find out.

Last edited:

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Regardless of what happens, I'm glad that Terra support is bigger (or at least more vocal) than it ever has been before. As a longtime fan of FFVI and Terra, having quietly supported her over the years in spite of all the Geno-mania the Smash community has, it does me good knowing there are more people now willing to express their support for her despite the odds. Whether it'll mean anything in the end, well, we'll just have to find out.
This is why I was pleasantly surprised when I went over to GameFAQs. In some ways its worse than Smashboards (daily fake leaks, trolling, overall chaos), but the Terra support is pretty vocal there. It makes a lot of sense as GameFAQs is home to a longstanding FFVI community.

I Never Felt It Before

Smash Apprentice

Ah, unfortunately during smash 4 I never thought about Terra in smash ( I did know who she was ), so my big wanteds were Krystal and Waluigi and in brawl it was that weird time when I thought Cloud was from kingdom hearts and I got stuck playing Final Fantasy 1, also thinking he was in Final Fantasy 1. ( I was like 7, okay?). In the end, it'd most likely be Geno. This is the ballot smash and I'm sure Geno was pretty popular, enough to make Sakurai state that he wants Geno.

Just, think of other newcomers youd like to see (put priority over the hot topics like dixie and Geno), and expect for mediocre additions like Ms Pacman echo and
Isaac
and that way there won't be too much disappointment.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This.
Honestly whether Terra gets in Smash or not, I am still happy with how things are now. If she isn't playable, I am more than happy to see support for her.
As the owner of her previous threads, it makes me happy to see the Terra fans grow and be more vocal. I'm just glad to see a lot of genuine love and support for Terra... I honestly didn't think it would happen.
If she doesn't happen now, we just have to try even harder to summon our girl!

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Yeah! So glad to see the support here pick up!

ChameleonD98

Smash Rookie
This.
Honestly whether Terra gets in Smash or not, I am still happy with how things are now. If she isn't playable, I am more than happy to see support for her.
As the owner of her previous threads, it makes me happy to see the Terra fans grow and be more vocal. I'm just glad to see a lot of genuine love and support for Terra... I honestly didn't think it would happen.
If she doesn't happen now, we just have to try even harder to summon our girl!

Amen. Definitely glad to know I'm not alone in wanting her in. :)

Last edited:

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
I was thinking about something. Sakurai said that of ballot votes for Final Fantasy characters, Cloud took up 1/3 of the votes right? What if the other 2/3 was primarily Nintendo FF protagonists? I hope something like that motivated Sakurai to want to include a second FF fighter that's Nintendo era.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Keep your thoughts in mind for the people who lost their lives and livelihood in the recent earthquake in Japan. It’s an unfortunate tragedy to happen to them at this point in time, regardless of the Direct’s delay.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Things moving on. Still looking to the possibilities for smash.
As soon as we can get a new date for the direct, maybe the hype can pick back up a bit again.

PlasmaSnow12

Smash Cadet
I definitely support Terra!
Haven't finished FFVI yet, but I really enjoy her so far.
I'll always support magic users though, cuz they're the coolest.

Brookshi

Smash Rookie
Terra would make an excellent choice for smash, I think someone mentioned about the contrast between Cloud and Terra
Cloud being physical fighter with sword attacks, and Terra using magic for her attacks.

I'm glad I found you guys, the information posted here has kept me up to date, and even more excited for our girl Terra!
So sign me up!

Also wouldn't mind Celes as an echo fighter too. Just sayin.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
anyone see the little ff6 reference in the latest kh3 trailer?
First I’ve heard of it. What is it?

Haven’t played for followed KH in a long while, haha, so I wouldn’t know anyway

max_0888

Smash Cadet
Im Still keeping my hope up for Terra and Celes and Will keep hoping till the release. FF6 is in need of a big come back. It never got remastered like FF4 did. Adding Terra to smash would put her back at the forefront. She would make one awesome playable character that is for sure.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Im Still keeping my hope up for Terra and Celes and Will keep hoping till the release. FF6 is in need of a big come back. It never got remastered like FF4 did. Adding Terra to smash would put her back at the forefront. She would make one awesome playable character that is for sure.
hopefully they wont be as unceremoniously deconfirmed as my most wanted whom i notice in your sig

max_0888

Smash Cadet
Yeah Hopefully cant believe what they did with Captain Toad. It would have been a perfect opportunity to keep Toad as a Peach assist and have Captain Toad as a playable character...

Oh well...go Geno and Terra !

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
not to major i admit just a gummi ship based on ultros
Ah, well, more FFVI content appearing anywhere is a plus for me. I always did like that Octopus.

Y’know, with the announcements of FFXV Pocket Edition coming to the Switch as well as the remastered edition of Crystal Chronicles, it’d be kinda nice if it turns out they were used to build up to the reveal of Terra in Smash. Especially since they had previously done something like that with Cloud’s confirmation in SSB4. :p

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Ah, well, more FFVI content appearing anywhere is a plus for me. I always did like that Octopus.

Y’know, with the announcements of FFXV Pocket Edition coming to the Switch as well as the remastered edition of Crystal Chronicles, it’d be kinda nice if it turns out they were used to build up to the reveal of Terra in Smash. Especially since they had previously done something like that with Cloud’s confirmation in SSB4. :p
YES. This is exactly what I was imagining. A Square Enix representative could discuss those two games toward the end of the direct and after that say something along the lines of "Oh, and we have something else for you. Take a look." And that would move into an Terra reveal trailer. I really hope. xD

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

could well have been we'll find out soon enough

edit: heres that gummi ship i mentioned earlier

Last edited:

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
So the direct has officially been announced for 9/13/2018. I'm just going to predict that the Smash reveal for this one will be Terra.

- After 3 reveal trailers, we haven't had a single reveal trailer for a female newcomer. Inkling's trailer doesn't count as it was a teaser and even then, Inkling is an avatar character that can be both genders. Now is the perfect time to show a unique female newcomer and I can't see it being someone like Shantae when Shovel Knight is already an AT (I'd love to see her though). Lip also sadly has no chance (even though I've supported her since Brawl).
- Square Enix was likely intending to show off FFXV Pocket Edition and FF Crystal Chronicles Remaster last week. This is the reason their recent announcement of the Crystal Chronicles Remaster came off as such a sudden surprise. It was meant to be shown in the Nintendo Direct. They were going to work their way into a Terra reveal by showing off some new FF games on the Switch first.

And aside from that, the Neogaf leak always seemed realistic in a way to me. Each of the unique newcomers have a good reason for being there. Terra might have been decided based on the other 2/3 of the Final Fantasy characters in the Ballot being largely Nintendo era ones. Sable makes sense because there's always an obscure retro character in each Smash game. Only the echo picks like Soren and Galacta Knight are weird and honestly... Smash 4's "echo" picks were weird too. No one wanted Dr. Mario or Dark Pit. The remaining roster in the Neogaf leak is weird enough, disappointing enough (for some people), yet sensible enough to seem realistic.

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
So the direct has officially been announced for 9/13/2018. I'm just going to predict that the Smash reveal for this one will be Terra.

- After 3 reveal trailers, we haven't had a single reveal trailer for a female newcomer. Inkling's trailer doesn't count as it was a teaser and even then, Inkling is an avatar character that can be both genders. Now is the perfect time to show a unique female newcomer and I can't see it being someone like Shantae when Shovel Knight is already an AT (I'd love to see her though). Lip also sadly has no chance (even though I've supported her since Brawl).
- Square Enix was likely intending to show off FFXV Pocket Edition and FF Crystal Chronicles Remaster last week. This is the reason their recent announcement of the Crystal Chronicles Remaster came off as such a sudden surprise. It was meant to be shown in the Nintendo Direct. They were going to work their way into a Terra reveal by showing off some new FF games on the Switch first.
- On the Japanese Smash Blog, three entries were skipped last week. When a newcomer is revealed, they typically get exactly three entries: reveal trailer, the character, and the "memory" which is the game the character first appeared in. The fact that only three entries were skipped last week rules out someone like Isaac who would likely be shown alongside Felix like what they did with Simon and Richter.

And aside from that, the Neogaf leak always seemed realistic in a way to me. Each of the unique newcomers have a good reason for being there. Terra might have been decided based on the other 2/3 of the Final Fantasy characters in the Ballot being largely Nintendo era ones. Sable makes sense because there's always an obscure retro character in each Smash game. Only the echo picks like Soren and Galacta Knight are weird and honestly... Smash 4's "echo" picks were weird too. No one wanted Dr. Mario or Dark Pit. The remaining roster in the Neogaf leak is weird enough, disappointing enough (for some people), yet sensible enough to seem realistic.
There is actually four blog posts that were skipped, Bowser's one was supposed to be next week but they pushed it early
This video goes in detail

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
There is actually four blog posts that were skipped, Bowser's one was supposed to be next week but they pushed it early
This video goes in detail
Ah. Thanks! I feel like 4 missing blog posts is still exactly enough for one unique newcomer though. Maybe reveal trailer, character, memory, and song/stage?

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I know I should keep my expectations down, but I really can’t help but get hyped about the possibility Terra might be playable in Smash. It just seems right for her to be revealed tomorrow, if she’s in.

It’s do-or-die for the NeoGAF leak tomorrow.

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
I know I should keep my expectations down, but I really can’t help but get hyped about the possibility Terra might be playable in Smash. It just seems right for her to be revealed tomorrow, if she’s in.

It’s do-or-die for the NeoGAF leak tomorrow.
I KNOW.

I should keep my hopes down but it feels like the perfect time for her.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hey doesn't mean we can't get both Shantae and Terra. Though I think it'll be just 1 newcomer tomorow. I'd be happy to be proven wrong tho :D
If I had to choose, I'd go with Terra, I'm all for her, but we think Shantae has a lot of chance to come. (not necessarily tomorow, but that'd be cool)

I am really curious how tomorow's direct will change things, because it might just shatter some expectations and leaks, or else. It'll be interesting to see :)

Last edited:

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Hey doesn't mean we can't get both Shantae and Terra. Though I think it'll be just 1 newcomer tomorow. I'd be happy to be proven wrong tho :D
If I had to choose, I'd go with Terra, I'm all for her, but we think Shantae has a lot of chance to come. (not necessarily tomorow, but that'd be cool)

I am really curious how tomorow's direct will change things, because it might just shatter some expectations and leaks, or else. It'll be interesting to see :)
I'd like to see her honestly even if I don't think she's likely. Shovel Knight being an AT just makes me think that that's the most an indie can hope for in this game.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'd like to see her honestly even if I don't think she's likely. Shovel Knight being an AT just makes me think that that's the most an indie can hope for in this game.
That's a common thought, but we've talked a lot in the shantae thread, and most of us feel that the shovel knight AT actually increases her chances, because it means nintendo is considering indie characters. And then Shantae just fits the bill for a fighter more anyway (I can go more in detail if you want). Not to mention shovel knight is relatively new, and wasn't even released in japan until 2016. I can go on, but anyway, just wanted to bring it up.
I know you want Terra, I want her too. :)

D

Deleted member

Tomorrow is the Direct...

Admittedly I am a bit of a pessimist when it comes to Terra's chances and my expectations for her are admittedly low. If we see characters like Soren or Galacta Knight as Echo Fighters, you bet that my heart would race at the thought of a playable Terra.

I recommend everyone else to keep their expectations and hype in check and whatever happens, be proud for the people that wanted that character(s) in Smash Bros. I too am curious if the Direct will shake up a few leaks or not.

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
My first choice may be Isaac from Golden Sun but Terra woud be really awesome too, Final Fantasy 6 is still one of my favourite games.

Perhaps she has a chance, I would be really happy to see her tomorrow.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I like getting new characters in general, so I think a lot of us can just enjoy getting someone new. If we get a character like Terra, ... **** that'll be sweet :D:D

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
This is unrelated to today's Direct, but I found something really interesting that you all might like:

Final Fantasy VI is the fourth best-selling game in the franchise according to this site.
  • 1. Final Fantasy VII (13,108,000)
  • 2. Final Fantasy XIV (10,903,000)
  • 3. Final Fantasy X (10,571,400)
  • 4. Final Fantasy VI (10,177,600)
  • 5. Final Fantasy VIII (8,870,000)
  • 6. Final Fantasy XV (8,100,000)
  • 7. Final Fantasy XIII (7,700,000)
  • 8. Final Fantasy XII (7,200,000)
  • 9. Final Fantasy X-2 (5,876,000)
  • 10. Final Fantasy IX (5,731,000)
  • 11. Final Fantasy IV (5,389,000)
  • 12. Final Fantasy I (4,903,000)
  • 13. Final Fantasy III (4,368,300)
  • 14. Final Fantasy V (3,966,500)
  • 15. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (3,600,000)

It being beat out by VII, X, and XIV are to be expected (the former are among the most popular games on the PS1 and PS2, respectively, while XIV is the third or second-most played MMORPG in the world), but I'm honestly amazed to see that VI has sold more than VIII, XV, and XIII, all of which were heavily hyped up by SE prior to their respective releases. Now I know that this is mostly due to VI being bundled with the SNES Mini ( which sold over 5 million and counting), but it's still incredible to think about nonetheless. If there's any (unique) Final Fantasy character that should be added after Cloud, it should obviously be from VI at this point.

Last edited:
Top Bottom