• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "I hope this song is in Smash!" Thread

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
My wish list. I love boss music.

Mario
Donkey Kong
Legend of Zelda
Kirby
Pokémon
Fire Emblem

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies

(Preferably a medley of the three main themes, AC/WW/NL)

As for which ones to be remixed and which ones to stay original, while I'd like them all to be remixed I'd be fine with the Mario 3D World ones staying the same (since they're already orchestrated)

Last edited:

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman
This!
Though this awesome remix!

And if I'm allowed one third party music track:
This would make all sorts of fluids come out of every hole in my body :yeahboi:

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber

Tumbleweed Tuner

Smash Apprentice
Mario Music:

Boss - Bowser - Paper Mario: TTYD // Has my vote as the best Boswer fight song.
Boss - Cortez - Paper Mario: TTYD // One of my favorite TTYD themes.
World 8- Super Mario 3D World

Pokemon:

Miror B. Battle - Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness // I loved this character.

DK Music:

Mad Jack - Donkey Kong 64 // I prefer the fan remixs ( The remix starts off a little loud )

Metroid Music:

Vs. Ridley - Other M // They did a lot of things wrong with Samus, but I thought they did a lot of good with Ridley. ( Sounds fresher than Brawl's)

FinalArcadia

Smash Cadet
NNID
FinalArcadia
Overall I'd love to see more songs from the various Mario RPG games, but the song I want the absolute most is:

Brobot L-Type Battle Theme (from Super Paper Mario)

For other songs:
Phenac City (from Pokemon Colosseum)
Champion Lance/Trainer Red Battle Theme (from Pokemon G/S or preferably HG/SS)
Freeze! Crystal King Battle Theme (from Paper Mario)
K.K. Synth (from Animal Crossing: New Leaf)
For True Story "Sonic vs Shadow" (from Sonic Adventure 2)

I could honestly make an entire list out of Sonic music but I know not to expect much there, same for the Paper Mario music.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Earthbound - Pokey Means Business (Baffles me to no end how no composer wanted to do this yet)
Super Metroid - Ridley Area / Prime - Magmoor Caverns
Mario 64 - Bowser Level
Super Mario RPG - Forest Maze (It got cut from Brawl, make it happen this time!)
Wonderful 101 - Anything really
Mega Man X - Storm Eagle Stage (hue hue)
Sonic 3 - Icecap Zone

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
For Pokemon, I want these tracks to play on the Kalos Pokemon League stage:
This song below is my number one track that I hope will appear on the stage:

For a remixed version of the above song, I want it to sound close to this.

And some other tracks that I want to see for this stage:

For a remixed of the Kalos Elite Four theme, I want it sound close to this remix:

As for general Pokemon tracks that I hope make it in:

For any Fire Emblem tracks, I agree with all of those that have already been listed, but if I want to add any to the list, I'd pick these:

If I had to pick Kirby tracks to appear in whatever new Kirby stage we get, I'd go with these:

And perhaps my number most wanted one Kirby track: Dirty and Beauty.
EASILY the best, if not one of the best, Kirby boss themes ever composed. For Smash, I'd prefer they cut the opening and go straight to the epic rock+organ part of the track.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Really the only song I am pushing for is Cleopactra or a Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness Medley with Cleopactra being a part of it.
After that its mostly Rhythm Heaven stuff like the main theme, a remix medley or two, remix 8-9-10 from the Wii, love lab, DS menu theme 1, etc.'

Other than that the rest of the songs from other series I like will most likely make it in so I'm not too worried about them.

Last edited:

Kokusho

Smash Apprentice
I know wishing for third party music is unrealistic but I'd love some Bravely Default music in Smash.
They are really good and are well fitted for battle, also they're still 3DS exclusive with a sequel incoming to advertise so....... maybe ? :D If Sakurai likes the music enough anything can happen, right ?

Last edited:

Tumbleweed Tuner

Smash Apprentice
Meta Ridley's Metroid prime theme drops panties. The ridley mix off brawl wasn't even close to the level of intensity that the prime had.
I have to disagree. The Meta Ridley prime theme is not very intense, and it is beaten by far by the Chozo Ghost theme. The Meta Ridley Brawl theme is too similar to care about the minor differences. The problem with Brawl's vs Ridley is there was a lot of spots they could of jammed with, but it felt very tame. It was nice to see that they at least made the volume fluctuate. The Meta Ridley song from prime is mostly suspenseful and cool, but it is kind of sad that the scariest parts of the game never involved Ridley. The Space Pirates had terrific moments when they would try to spook the player, and Chozo Ghosts speak for themselves. For some reason, I never feel like Nintendo takes the best parts of their villians and run with it.

Paper Mario and Paper TTYD were crammed with charm from the Mario world, and Bowser was a awesome character in both. Bowser seems to get some pretty good spotlight, which is fair enough being the most well known video game villain. I just wish Nintendo expanded on this.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664

If Sakurai doesn't put this song in I'll find his address and spam him with CDs containing only this song. #1 pick right here

I'd prefer this track over Ablaze version but if the Ablaze version gets in then we good. Besides if Calling to the Night was able to get in, anything could.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Trying my best to avoid songs already used.

How did this allude the tracklist for Paper Mario? At least for the third, Bowser-themed section? Really attached to that airship theme, huh?
A more chipper, carnival-esque tune that sounds great to battle too! And with a certain conspicious koopa kid joining the battle, it would have just made him ease in better.
Because there isn't a shortage of intense battle themes for game-centric villains in Mario RPGs. This sinister tune doesn't falter in epicness either.
Much like the former, but blending an electric and occult atmosphere.
One of the more stand out electronic tracks from Mario Kart 8. Feels perfect for battle.
The Clock Town themes have just enough peaceful subtlety, then build into the more dramatic conclusion. Perfect tune for Skyloft. Consider these to play into each other as a medley.
If only we could get this awesome remix of Skyloft out from Hyrule Warriors already!
Under My Control and C-R-O-W-N-E-D just out to be paired as a medley. Seriously, the first phase song gets so much slack for not attesting to the orchestral brilliance of the later.
Hearing this enthralling track for the first time really made it stick out in your head. Perhaps the first Kirby theme to utilize metal guitar into an intense boss theme. Just imagine a remix of it.
A pair of underrated, yet catchy level themes suited for a medley. Kirby songs usually don't get into jarring, industrial atmosphere like this.
A dramatic remix to suit an epic, remixed boss fight. Totally trumps the original.
The Yoshi's better step up their choir; a cavalcade of Kirbys are here to woo you away with their adorable singing!
Shadow Dragon really has some standout tracks. Usually games with orchestral scores sometimes throw in some rock instruments into a song meant to drop into an important battle or cutscene.
Ah, Shadow Dragon world map. Might not be the most battle-ready, but it has a sense of adventure perfect for an arena setting or something.
I'm pretty sure this song is one of the most familiar Fire Emblem tracks. How perfect we already have the Coliseum.
How would you not like this memorable intro tune to have this available for Wily's Castle?
For a subseries that eventually found its way out of Nintendo systems, this metal track has to be one of the best sleeper hits of the X series. Really should be looked upon more.
How could you neglect one of the best game soundtracks of all time, Sega!? NiGHTS music. So wistful and upbeat! Puts a tear to my eye reminiscing to it. Paternal Horn and Suburban Museum would compliment each other well as a medley for Windy Hill Zone.
This would be great for Palutena's Temple. Well, given how SCII appeared on the Gamecube and it takes from the Eurydice Shrine stage. Maybe the producers could juuuust pull some red strings to make this happen.
Come on, one of the most memorable ToS songs well suited for battle! I doubt there wouldn't be a lot of stage opportunities to incorporate this!
A steady, catchy song to kick ass to from a recently-introduced kickass game.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
This

This game has so many intense songs, and this fits for many kinds of boss battles.

My wishlist also includes:
M&L: Bowser's Inside Story, Dream Team Final Boss themes
Darude Psychostorm - Hyrule Warriors
Vs Champion! - Pokémon RSE, ORAS
Decisive Battle! N - Pokémon BW
Miniboss Battle - TLOZ: Majora's Mask
Bowser's Castle - Mario Kart 8
A Rainbow Road Medley of the console Mario Karts
The Fate of The Universe - Super Mario Galaxy

Zer0Shade

Smash Rookie
NNID
Zer0Shade
3DS FC
0104-0338-8112
It would be great if we got few songs from Hyrule Warriors. Especially this or the remix of the Skyloft theme

WrappedInBlack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PyroJayBlack
3DS FC
1736-3220-0909
This and the two remixes of it in "End of an Empire"...
I know it's not a video game song... but I don't really WANT any video game songs... OK maybe the Hyrule Warriors Skyloft theme, but someone already said that.

Never said the songs had to have a chance of being put in... I will put them in my Brawl data... they fit some SSE stages in my opinion.

Last edited:

OBI1JABLOMI

Smash Cadet
Really, Sonic games have the best music and I think these two songs would be awesome additions:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

My favorite Xenoblade song. pls samurai.

You know you want it.

LightningVance

Smash Apprentice
this will forever be my favourite piece of music from Pokemon, unfortunately I feel as if there'll never be a stage suitable for it

Also if this isn't in the Kalos Pokemon League stage then.... something's off.

Last edited:

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Pacman Cup from Mario Kart Arcade GP 2

Newyork form Exitebik WR

Water Palace originally form Sonic Rush

And lastly

Octopus Dance Extra Stage from Nintendo Land

Crimnonin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gettinjiggy
3DS FC
0920-0728-2546
Ugh, too many to list. I would say in general the music in Paper Mario TTYD was fantastic. The Dooplis or Magnus von Grapple boss themes would be pretty cool, but those are just a few of several great options. To be honest...they kind of botched the Rogueport music in that Paper Mario medley.

From Super Mario 64, Koopa Road and the Bowser boss theme would be really neat.

From Super Mario Galaxy, I liked Buoy Base Galaxy. Hopefully that one makes it in.

From Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, "Big Top Bop" and "Punch Bowl" are the two best boss themes in the game IMO.

We also need some Sonic Generations music. I'm surprised they didn't add Classic Green Hill Zone for the Green Hill Zone level. Pretty much anything from that game would be good.

Too many to list, would rather spend time listening to the tracks =d.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Vs. Dark Samus

Kid Icarus Uprising - Aurum Island

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
Before I begin, 2 suggestions - thanks in advance for taking them into consideration!:
  • I know the "embedded YouTube videos" look cooler and all visually and are more noticeable, but if possible, it would really help if users could considerately link to their desired songs via text hyperlink instead of embedding the videos - mostly because the page takes longer to load with all of the embedded videos, and some people reading this thread may have data caps/limits, etc.
  • can we get a stickied "Music Hopes for Super Smash Bros. 4" discussion" thread or something along those lines for this subforum? It seems like a new "music wishlist thread" get made every few weeks and end up getting buried, only for more to crop up within days. I feel like it would help to reduce forum clutter along with wishlist fragmentation.
Here are my hopes that I posted some days ago:

So this is the current SSB4 Wii U general music discussion thread, then...? Took me like 3 pages to find it.. XD

I'm hoping to post some additional remarks later, but here is the list (still a work in progress) of songs that have been featured in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, in case anyone wants to reference them for the Wii U version:

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS - Song List:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...QpK0mXX_2SZ9YIXbytE/edit?pli=1#gid=2054610930

Some songs seem to be exclusive to the 3DS Sound Test, since each stage only has 2 songs. Apparently, you press R to force a stage's second song; not sure if the first song can be forced in any way.

----

I'm hoping that all of the music on the SSB4 Nintendo 3DS Sound Test is included in the Wii U edition. My major hopes for returning tracks include:
As for a new track, "The Arena" (from Kirby's Return to Dreamland) could work (it stemmed from that lovely "Kirby Nintendo GameCube trailer", and also considering that the game and its 3 previous prototype iterations went through a lot to get released!); it seems fitting with a lot of the "triumphant"/"orchestrated" music found in the Super Smash Bros. series.

With Capcom working on SSB4 in part, "Pressing Pursuit ~ Cornered" (from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney) would be a fantastic addition!

Regarding long shots, I would love it if 2 Zero Wing tracks, "Introduction (Part 1)" {often overshadowed by the memetic Engrish text/dialogue of the Zero Wing intro!} and "Open Your Eyes (Stage 1: Natols)" (as if Zero Wing couldn't get any more awesome, then I heard that masterpiece <3 Many thanks to the music of the "All Your Base Are Belong To Us" video by Bad-CRC of Newgrounds for allowing me to encounter the Natols track!) made it in somehow, along with "Terrible Beat" from Revenge of Shinobi..
To contribute something new to this particular thread, I am really hoping for this stage theme from Nekketsu Kakutou Densetsu to somehow end up in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - it's ridiculously catchy and seems like a hallmark of Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) tunes. Nekketsu Kakutou Densetsu is a heavily underrated game from the equally-underrated Kunio-kun series; thanks to TVTropes linking to it (mentioning it as a precursor to Super Smash Bros. gameplay, as seen in this video), I was fortunately exposed to the game's awesome music. I really wish the themes had names, but I can hardly read any Japanese characters, so I'm unsure of which stage this particular theme belongs to at the moment... But yeah, Nekketsu Kakutou Densetsu music could definitely be put to good use in the Super Smash Bros. series! :bluejump:

Oh, and "Tunnel Scene" from X (the Super Smash Bros. Brawl arrangement) definitely needs to return (what with it being evocative of Megaman and all)!

Last edited:

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
For the Wii Fit Studio, I hope for this:

1. Wii Fit - Yoga (plays on Yoga and Muscle Workout exercises)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQRijjI-qXQ

2. Wii Fit - Penguin (plays on the Penguin minigame)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6osOzEs6xI

3. Wii Fit - Training Menu (plays on where you choose the exercise)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGZI3q07QDY

4. Wii Fit Plus - Obstacle Course (plays on the Obstacle Course minigame; I didn't find the REAL music...)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PGYbBq_PqY

5. Wii Fit U - Core Luge (plays on the Core Luge minigame; I didn't find the REAL music...)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyD-33tDc_I

6. Wii Play: Motion - Cone Zone (plays on the Cone Zone minigame in the Wii Play game 'Wii Play: Motion'; I didn't find the REAL music...)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIkWYaqiPAk

For Gamer, I hope for this:
1 - Mom Appears! (from: Game & Wario - Gamer)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H-UutzUg9I&index=35&list=PLz5gUls4mkX8oePBnjdR7IbDcc16MHFtT

2 - Gamer Medley (includes Gamer Title Screen, Gamer Character Select, Retro4life and a new original remix from Gamer Character Select) (from: Game & Wario - Gamer)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7Fk02XCYvA&list=PLz5gUls4mkX8oePBnjdR7IbDcc16MHFtT&index=33
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6vfmRBP1rk&list=PLz5gUls4mkX8oePBnjdR7IbDcc16MHFtT&index=34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TZPrFE7DxM&index=37&list=PLz5gUls4mkX8oePBnjdR7IbDcc16MHFtT

3 - Ashley's Revolution (from: Game & Wario - Ashley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n0cv5D0qVU&index=45&list=PLz5gUls4mkX8oePBnjdR7IbDcc16MHFtT

4 - Adrift (from: Game & Wario - Islands)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1Rsmclr0Bk&list=PLz5gUls4mkX8oePBnjdR7IbDcc16MHFtT&index=70

5 - Tower Totals (from: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon/Luigi's Mansion 2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IUOAtbFgyg

6 - Luigi's Ghost Mansion Intro (from: Nintendo Land)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHCeGOW7418

I'll fast update it with more!

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Only if Wolf is playable

Now for some Wario tracks
Need the Master of Disgusie
Buongiorno

Need some Advance Wars Tracks that must be remixed
IT"S A TRAP!
Victory ( Will play this throughout the threads when Wolf (:wolf:) is confirmed playable in smash bros Wii U/3DS
You will be destroyed.
TAG POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUST BE REMIXED IN SMASH BROS!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Last edited:

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814

This gets spontaneously stuck in my head all the time.

... I need it. Or one of its variations. Or a remix. Just this melody.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Need a Galaxy Man arrangement (Mega Man 9)

The shifty boo mansion ( Super Mario 3D World)

DKC2 music in general

Dark world (Legend of Zelda link from the past)

Top Bottom