• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Hidden Wisdom, A Project M Sheik Fundamental Information Guide!

Guide The Hidden Wisdom, A Project M Sheik Fundamental Information Guide!

Denjinpachi

Smash Journeyman
If it's not too much work, in your opinion, make it a full guide. This move section is excellent but that only helps players get so far. The harder bits like what to sonic neutral or good mixups are the parts that especially elude new players.
Yeah I can see how that'd be good to know. I guess I just wouldn't know how to make a section explaining ways to utilize her mix ups, aside from how I decribed how they were used in the move section.

Denjinpachi

Smash Journeyman
Denjinpachi updated The Hidden Wisdom, A Project M Sheik Fundamental Information Guide! with a new update entry:

Thank you!

I hope that in the end this guide has given everyone a fundamental idea on how sheik works. The reason im keeping the information to the point, and also relatively short with the omission of Match Ups, and the neutral game, is so that you can take a basic idea of the character, and try to figure out these things for yourself for progression of the meta of PM overall. Sounds a little odd right? "Why make a guide if you aren't going to tell me Everything?" right? Well, that's because...
Read the rest of this update entry...

Tarul

Smash Cadet
I dunno- I personally think that it would be have a good idea to describe the Sheik neutral in the guide. While PM is constantly developing, Sheik is a more-or-less established character thanks to her Melee development. She has a few neat new tricks, but nothing particularly revolutionary.

I think it's a good idea to create a threat map to get a general idea of Sheik's neutral option select. When's a good time to just needle on the ground? What space do aerial needles threaten? Something along the lines of Sethlon's Roy guide, which clearly highlights Roy's yes-meh-nope zones.

BTW, I'd like to thank you for your effort in this guide! I realize that the above can sound fairly selfish, considering you're doing this out of the kindness of your heart, but I think that a basic threatzone analysis will help the guide immensely. \0/

Let me know if you need any help!

HelloAxi

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2938-6948-6908
I dunno- I personally think that it would be have a good idea to describe the Sheik neutral in the guide. While PM is constantly developing, Sheik is a more-or-less established character thanks to her Melee development. She has a few neat new tricks, but nothing particularly revolutionary.

I think it's a good idea to create a threat map to get a general idea of Sheik's neutral option select. When's a good time to just needle on the ground? What space do aerial needles threaten? Something along the lines of Sethlon's Roy guide, which clearly highlights Roy's yes-meh-nope zones.

BTW, I'd like to thank you for your effort in this guide! I realize that the above can sound fairly selfish, considering you're doing this out of the kindness of your heart, but I think that a basic threatzone analysis will help the guide immensely. \0/

Let me know if you need any help!
Is there any established threat zone guide?
One using sethlons "y-m-n" stuff.

Denjinpachi

Smash Journeyman
Denjinpachi updated The Hidden Wisdom, A Project M Sheik Fundamental Information Guide! with a new update entry:

Filling the Gaps

Now that I know where the guide will sit with its general information, ill just leave it as it with its information pertaining to moves. I looked back at it, and I think it would only be right if I at least finished up the Match Up information portion. I'll leave information that is pretty much more like an idea of what to look for in the MU, but I can't really cover every aspect of each one. Message me if you have, or find information that will help the guide be as thorough as possible,...

Denjinpachi

Smash Journeyman
Too much keeps coming up for me to leave the guide as it is. I just wanna keep adding to it. :v

Edit: I intend to fillout the Match up portion throughout the coming weeks. I'll try to add as much accurate information as I can for each MU as I can get for each one respectively.

Last edited:

Denjinpachi

Smash Journeyman

Fox and Marth Match-Ups Updated!

I finally was able to sit down and gather some general notes to add in the first two match ups for the guide. The way that I have them inputted will probably be how I have the other MU's written in the future. Everything will, of course, be subject to change or correction based on the feedback I receive. Thanks for reading!

Top Bottom