• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Hawk Samurai, Takamaru Ventures For Smash Switch (Operation #TakamaruForSamSho. See Page 26 for Details)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey guys, wanna bring up a topic. What composer would you have do tracks for Murasame Castle? I'd really like Hideyuki Fukasawa, from his work on Onimusha and the anime Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto (that's a mouthful), he'd be perfect.
He's not a bad choice at all. You could tell that power and emotion are two bing things he cares about in his works. Just picturing his Mursamse Castle remix now, just beautiful. Would vastly prefer that over what we had in Smash 4.

I kind of have a toss up between Yoko Shinomaru (I know she is too mainstream, but I love her works alot) and Kensuke Inage of Samurai Warriors fame.

The latter makes the most sense because not only he was the main composer for Samurai Warriors 3 among other Koei games, but he did do a remix of the main castle theme for the games Murasame Mode. I'm sure you would remember that, but I will post it again just to show how perfect he would be as a composer for the Smash Murasame Castle tracks.

And I might as well share examples of his other works.

What do you think? Should he come back to do another few remixes for Murasame Castle in Smash?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Nice composer ideas guys. Kensuke should definitely come back since he really nailed Murasame Mode's soundtrack in Samurai Warriors 3 and Fukusawa seems to be a great choice from the examples I've listened to. The only one who I'm mixed on is Yoko. Sure she is a great composer for the Mario RPG's and Kingdom Hearts, but I doubt she would fully capture that frantic Japanese feel of Murasame Castle. Just my opinion.

Another good choice I can thing of that can work for Murasame Castle tracks in Smash would be Xenoblade 2's composers (Yasunori Mitsuda ACE Kenji Hiramatsu Manami Kiyota). Listening to the main Torna theme all day long reminds me that they should try their hand at a remix for Takamaru's stage themes. Don't believe me? Listen for yourself.

Warning, do not look at the comment section since it full of Xenoblade 2 spoilers.

And I guess one of Odyssey's main composers should be a good choice. Listen to Bowser's Kingdom's two tracks. Just listen to them and TELL me that they don't fit Murasame Castle.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Nice composer ideas guys. Kensuke should definitely come back since he really nailed Murasame Mode's soundtrack in Samurai Warriors 3 and Fukusawa seems to be a great choice from the examples I've listened to. The only one who I'm mixed on is Yoko. Sure she is a great composer for the Mario RPG's and Kingdom Hearts, but I doubt she would fully capture that frantic Japanese feel of Murasame Castle. Just my opinion.

Another good choice I can thing of that can work for Murasame Castle tracks in Smash would be Xenoblade 2's composers (Yasunori Mitsuda ACE Kenji Hiramatsu Manami Kiyota). Listening to the main Torna theme all day long reminds me that they should try their hand at a remix for Takamaru's stage themes. Don't believe me? Listen for yourself.

Warning, do not look at the comment section since it full of Xenoblade 2 spoilers.

And I guess one of Odyssey's main composers should be a good choice. Listen to Bowser's Kingdom's two tracks. Just listen to them and TELL me that they don't fit Murasame Castle.

Holy hell, you may be on to something.

The Odyssey composer would be PERFECT for a Murasame Castle remix. Just listening to the amount of tradition put into both songs makes it an excellent choice. I even joked about Murasame Castle when I first saw that kingdom.

Still not feeling the Xenoblade 2 composer despite the Torna theme being awesome. I guess they can pull off a good Murasame Jo (the final castle) theme if they were to compose something.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I would really like Takamaru, but his best shot at getting in was with the last game, given his relevance with the Nintendo Land minigame.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
He definitely has better chances now. More people are aware of him and the backstory with his "near-misses" and there's a surprising amount of fan support in other channels. It's more about whether or not Sakurai feels confident between stuff like that and Smash Ballot results than anything else at this point.

Meanwhile, I would like to suggest Hirofumi Taniguchi solely because of his work on Takamaru's character theme in Captain Rainbow:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
He definitely has better chances now. More people are aware of him and the backstory with his "near-misses" and there's a surprising amount of fan support in other channels. It's more about whether or not Sakurai feels confident between stuff like that and Smash Ballot results than anything else at this point.

Meanwhile, I would like to suggest Hirofumi Taniguchi solely because of his work on Takamaru's character theme in Captain Rainbow:

Now that you mention it, I wouldn't mind Hirofumi coming back to compose a few tracks. His Takamaru theme for Captain Rainbow is just relaxing. I can only imagine how he would compose a more serious track in Smash.

And you make a good point. Now is a much better time for Takamaru compared to the last time. Just a matter of if he feels the slight buzz in the West is good enough.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Glad to have you back, Ix.

And I might as well add Fatmanonice too since he's one of the biggest supporters here.

His reaction to when he saw Takamaru's Assist Trophy was funny as it was tragic. I will never forget that.

But the war is far from over.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Glad to have you back, Ix.

And I might as well add Fatmanonice too since he's one of the biggest supporters here.

His reaction to when he saw Takamaru's Assist Trophy was funny as it was tragic. I will never forget that.

But the war is far from over.
What was his reaction?

I don't think I was there when it happened.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
What was his reaction?

I don't think I was there when it happened.
You joined long after that. It was basically a yellow cat rolling down the stairs and him yelling "God damn it!"

You can tell how passionate he was about Takamaru when that was his reaction to the Assist trophy reveal. Like I said, it was funny as it was tragic.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
ALSO, If were gonna talk about music, if there is a story mode these remixes of his theme in SW3 would make a great stage music theme.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
ALSO, If were gonna talk about music, if there is a story mode these remixes of his theme in SW3 would make a great stage music theme.
Yes, all the yes. I would love it for Sakurai to get Koei's permission for these songs.

IMO nothing can top these Mursame Castle remixes, not even Smash 4's.

You joined long after that. It was basically a yellow cat rolling down the stairs and him yelling "God damn it!"

You can tell how passionate he was about Takamaru when that was his reaction to the Assist trophy reveal. Like I said, it was funny as it was tragic.
Lmao I can picture that well.

Makes me wonder how everyone else has reacted to the Assist Trophy reveal that time.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
BTW you guys think you could take a look at a topic I recently made for a character I wanna see in SSB5? Would love y'alls shared support in it, or at least your opinions on him. (x)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
My reaction to the Assist Trophy was not too bad.

First I was confused since I was wondering why so many people tagged me. Then I saw the picture itself.

I had very mixed feelings with the reveal. On one hand, Takamaru's excellent (albeit low poly) model looked so great and pops well with the Smash 4 style.

On the other hand, it was very saddening to see all that potential put on an Assist Trophy. So I slept it off to try shaking that feeling off. But then I realize the positives of the situation since it's not like he can be stuck as one forever. Little Mac did get his chance.

And I grew even more sure that Takamaru could had himself a spot if it weren't for him being so unfamiliar in the West. Remembering that his game was fully localized in the 3DS only reminded me that it meant good thing for him.

Well, more than thinking the localization made him a shoo-in before that fateful Assist Trophy reveal. That definitely went down in history as one of the cruelest deconfirmations as far as Assist Trophy characters. Not even Waluigi's would had topped that. On top of teasing him with Pit, Link, and Samus in the Picture of the Day.

You know, I wouldn't mind if we had gotten these songs in Smash at all.

They were good enough compositions by Kensuke in Samurai Warriors 3, so hearing them again in Smash would be epic.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
BTW you guys think you could take a look at a topic I recently made for a character I wanna see in SSB5? Would love y'alls shared support in it, or at least your opinions on him. (x)
As a big Bayonetta fan, I'll gladly check it out.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

I'll be here cracking like an egg if a supposed reveal trailer for him shows him getting flustered around female characters of Smash Switch. It'd be glorious!

Still, that theme among other songs in Captain Rainbow OST are still so memorable to me. Speaking which, Captain Rainbow has had a beta english patch out for some months now since last year - been wondering if to get into playing it to see various chars that people here are hoping to be in Smash (along with one already confirmed since eons :4littlemac:).

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Lmao I can picture that well.

Makes me wonder how everyone else has reacted to the Assist Trophy reveal that time.
As Guy puts it
"Profound... Sadness..."

I was hopeful we'd see something cool given that just about a week or so prior they revealed that Murasame Castle would be coming to the 3DS Virtual Console - probably would have been the perfect opportunity to reveal him as a playable character, but I was quite sad about him not being playable. I'm just hoping that thanks to the Assist Trophy and depending on whether the 3DS re-release was successful, Takamaru gets a second chance to be playable.

Also mini-hope we get a nod to Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown thrown in somewhere.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'll be here cracking like an egg if a supposed reveal trailer for him shows him getting flustered around female characters of Smash Switch. It'd be glorious!

Still, that theme among other songs in Captain Rainbow OST are still so memorable to me. Speaking which, Captain Rainbow has had a beta english patch out for some months now since last year - been wondering if to get into playing it to see various chars that people here are hoping to be in Smash (along with one already confirmed since eons :4littlemac:).
Wait, a Captain Rainbow English patch was released? That's new.

And one Captain Rainbow related easter egg with his weakness to women would be hilarious.

As Guy puts it
"Profound... Sadness..."

I was hopeful we'd see something cool given that just about a week or so prior they revealed that Murasame Castle would be coming to the 3DS Virtual Console - probably would have been the perfect opportunity to reveal him as a playable character, but I was quite sad about him not being playable. I'm just hoping that thanks to the Assist Trophy and depending on whether the 3DS re-release was successful, Takamaru gets a second chance to be playable.

Also mini-hope we get a nod to Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown thrown in somewhere.
Same here.

Same here.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Wait, a Captain Rainbow English patch was released? That's new.
Mmh. While I kind of have had a feeling it's been flying over everyone's heads due the translation disappearing to various periods of dormancy, I didn't expect it to be that strong.

But yeah - it's been out for a while:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Mmh. While I kind of have had a feeling it's been flying over everyone's heads due the translation disappearing to various periods of dormancy, I didn't expect it to be that strong.

But yeah - it's been out for a while:

Nice, the translation looks good. Makes me wonder how they handled Takamaru's mission.

Lol at the Birdo scene. Too many bleeps.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I've also finally found a way to stream myself playing The Mysterious Murasame Castle and use it for filler whenever I feel like playing a game but mostly talking with my friends on Discord.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I've also finally found a way to stream myself playing The Mysterious Murasame Castle and use it for filler whenever I feel like playing a game but mostly talking with my friends on Discord.

Looks nice.

I never knew you could stream. Either way, as long as enough people can maybe learn more about Takamaru (and get the game on their 3DS if they want to rage as much as we did lol).

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Nice, I love the layout. What can I say, I love me some streams. That tile is too fitting, probably because it is hidden Takamaru support propaganda.

(and get the game on their 3DS if they want to rage as much as we did lol).
Murasame Castle was Dark Souls long before Dark Souls was a thing. :troll:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Looks nice.

I never knew you could stream. Either way, as long as enough people can maybe learn more about Takamaru (and get the game on their 3DS if they want to rage as much as we did lol).
Yeah, I stream pretty regularly on Twitch ever since Splatoon 1 came out. This is another clip from when the Ballot Winner direct happened:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Yeah, I stream pretty regularly on Twitch ever since Splatoon 1 came out. This is another clip from when the Ballot Winner direct happened:

Nice nice.

I can imagine what it would be like to stream all Smash Switch trailers, even one that has Takamaru. We can hope.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
So I was poking around the Smash for Switch Roster thread and came across some renders for Takamaru that I hadn't seen before - anybody know where these come from, or where I can find the full versions? A precursory google search didn't turn up much that I hadn't already seen...

https://imgur.com/a/K1iHi
https://i.imgur.com/EuyWiga.jpg

I feel like the 2nd could be a paint over of his assist trophy model, which I was able to find a high quality render for. They were posted by @Crap-Zapper and @YeppersPeppers - if you guys could point me to the full renders, that'd be awesome :)

D

Deleted member

So I was poking around the Smash for Switch Roster thread and came across some renders for Takamaru that I hadn't seen before - anybody know where these come from, or where I can find the full versions? A precursory google search didn't turn up much that I hadn't already seen...

I feel like the 2nd could be a paint over of his assist trophy model, which I was able to find a high quality render for. They were posted by @Crap-Zapper and @YeppersPeppers - if you guys could point me to the full renders, that'd be awesome :)
There's no full render.
It's exclusive to the roster builder.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

For the first one, it was made by MachRiderZ (Now known as ConnorRentz) on DeviantArt, who's know for his Smash Bros Roster Builder icons.

No full body render, just a mugshot compared to his models of Mona and Micaiah.

Not sure where the second one is from. That one looks new to me.

Last edited:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Honestly, I found that render in that roster builder and I'm super happy that I did. Something more authentic feeling than the Samurai Warriors model used everywhere and less soulless and embarrassing as everyone using that one picture of the low poly assist trophy tossing pinwheels from way back when? Yes please.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
There's no full render.
It's exclusive to the roster builder.
Well that's quite the tease! Which roster builder is that? Both of those rosters were very atypical of what you normally see, being the"SSB Roster Maker" icons which always seem to use either his original official art or his Samurai Warriors render. I would imagine those images both had at least the full head rendered somewhere before they were put into the character select icons, which I would still like to see.

Edit: Oh dang, you guys are fast! Gotta go check out this guy's DeviantArt page now, haha. Oh how I missed these days of endlessly scouring the net for high quality renders so I can make my own character icons :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well that's quite the tease! Which roster builder is that? Both of those rosters were very atypical of what you normally see, being the"SSB Roster Maker" icons which always seem to use either his original official art or his Samurai Warriors render. I would imagine those images both had at least the full head rendered somewhere before they were put into the character select icons, which I would still like to see.
I'm talking about this one.
Like Aussie said, there's no full body render, and the first one is gone completely.

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Honestly, I found that render in that roster builder and I'm super happy that I did. Something more authentic feeling than the Samurai Warriors model used everywhere and less soulless and embarrassing as everyone using that one picture of the low poly assist trophy tossing pinwheels from way back when? Yes please.
Agreed.

The guy is pretty talented. Having to make a render that happens to look better than the official Smash 4 one.

If only that were the official playable fighter design.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Connor's Roster Builder icons are just great in general.

Sure he reuses a lot of 3D models for the existing characters, but where he shines the most is when he makes his own.

That Takamaru is one of the few good examples. There's also his Mach Rider, Rhythm Reporter, the Fire Emblem ones, Lip, and more.

Unless you have GIMP or Photoshop, I wouldn't really recommend using his icons for your own roster.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I'm actually trying to work on a roster myself using Connor's stuff. I want to get the guidelines right though so I need to hammer down my own list and work up from there.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Exactly, the Samurai Warriors one is just not what I have in mind for Takamaru, and his assist trophy is always super washed out looking in whatever pictures you can find of it, although the rip of the model/textures here is pretty nice, if a bit emotionless:
https://www.models-resource.com/wii_u/supersmashbrosforwiiu/model/10646/

I'm talking about this one.
Like Aussie said, there's no full body render, and the first one is gone completely.
Sweet, thanks for the link! This must have sprung up or only just been getting started by the time I left the boards after Smash 4 came out, I'm guessing. Or else I was somehow completely oblivious and totally missed it.

Unless you have GIMP or Photoshop, I wouldn't really recommend using his icons for your own roster.
Don't worry, I have photoshop, a bachelor's in graphic design, and too much time on my hands :p I'm not necessarily going to do anything with it, but I did create over 1,000 character icons during the Smash 4 hype phase just as a sort of hobby, so I was very surprised to find a render I hadn't seen before, haha. I wouldn't use the render against his wishes if he doesn't want people using it outside of his own roster builder, either, I was just really curious as to where it had come from.

So the 2nd render I posted is still a mystery, huh? I'm really banking on it being a painted over version of the model rip I posted above, but it would still be nice to see if there's more to it.

D

Deleted member

I've been trying to use the roster builder myself, but I can't seem to figure out how to make my own vertical icons.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
The saddest part is I'd way prefer using that Java-based Smash Roster Maker but it hasn't been updated in eons and maintaining your own avatars is rough.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Top Bottom