• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

BlitzUnleashed

Smash Apprentice
To be honest... at this point, I'd really prefer if the characters we get from the ballot... were all new. No offence to veteran fans. I would have been fine seeing them as pre-ballot, but post? Eeh...

Why?

Well, just gonna display a scenario, where in some alternate world we really are only getting one character out of the ballot... this, would basically be what I would be afraid of:

"Sakurai - Hey everyone. After much time, we have finally finished tallying up the votes. I am pleased to say that the winner of the ballot, is non-other than <Insert Veteran fighter here>, returning to the fray! Its amazing how out of all of the hundreds of possible new candidates, and the fact that you could vote for nearly anyone you could want, you went for someone who has already been in Smash... of course, I can understand that as...- *Goes on into a heartfelt speech on why he understands the votes*"

"Nintendo - We certainly hope you enjoy <Insert Veteran here>! His moves have been completely refreshed, and balanced. He pretty much has the exact same moveset as before, but hey. At least he's been balanced right? <Insert fact he now has a final smash, if the subject was from melee> We can still hardly believe you all went for someone that has been in game before already, rather than voting for someone new, but hey. Just makes it easier on us!"

Even in a sense that we're getting more than one, it still feels like a wasted opportunity.. Again, no-offense to fans of these guys. I'd be fine if they were pre-ballot, and I'd definitely be fine if they show back up in Smash 5. But in terms of the Ballot... I'd like to see anyone, but characters I've already seen in the game.
I have the same feeling. There are characters out there that people have wanted in Smash for years, and this is finally their chance. But now they're just wasting their votes on the ones that were already in Smash. What I want to see is some new faces, not familiar ones.

BlitzUnleashed

Smash Apprentice
No. There was a person going around claiming the ballot was going to have a "viewer's vote" or something like that, where after the ballot has ended, people would rate how well a certain character would be as a fighter in Smash. At least that's what I think it was about, but it was a BS claim, it's nothing officially said by Nintendo.
Oh, alright.

That does sound like a bunch of bull. Wouldn't make sense to wait for 6 months just to vote again.

Midnight Twinkle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MidnightTwinkle
3DS FC
1461-6246-6413
Ok, waaaaaaaay to much Pirate Equipment. I'm actually hoping she doesn't use any if she gets in. I mean, the Risky Boots attack as a dash attack? I certainly hope it would only go a short distance, else it would be broken. Here's a moveset idea I made with another guy if you're interested: http://twinkledoodle.deviantart.com/art/Shantae-s-Moveset-553081363 I explain in further detail why I wouldn't want pirate gear in this moveset. Anyways, glad to see the support.

Last edited:

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
I've voted for Manic
&
Sonia The Hedgehogs, Izuna: Legend of The Unemployed Ninja
, Shantae, Risky Boots, Neku Sakuraba and finally, Geno! #ConfirmedTheNewCharactersIwant4SMASHDLC! P.S: I love y'all my mystical Shantae-ians fans supporters on this thread and especially I've saved up to $100.53 on my eShop account, which means MY BODY IS READY FOR SMASH DLC REQUESTMENTS!

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
image.jpg

Nice try, 4Chan. Take it away, Kermit.

If Shovel Knight was going to arrive in Smash, it certainly wouldn't be because of JUST an Amiibo (If that's the case, I expect Gold & Silver Mario by the next patch), "Multiple games" could instantly mean more Yacht Club titles in the future, and "Nintendo products" obviously means the Wii U, 3DS, and possibly NX.. If Nintendo approached them about it, it would just be to capitalize the high sales on Nintendo platforms and wanting to embrace indies more. Also, of course Nintendo would want to be involved in production! It's a product made by a separate party that's affiliated with their own brand of figures.

Also, those reasons for adding Wolf and Bomberman would completely negate the ballot's entire purpose, if Sakurai was just going to pick those characters in the first place, and have fans incredibly dissapointed, considering how they esentially wasted their excitement and time.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
i need to eventually get to LoLK thanks for reminding me
Only Touhou game I have so far is Urban Legend in Limbo, but I might plan on getting the other games like Embodiment of Scarlet Devil and Double Dealing Character one day after all my exams are over. :p

BlitzUnleashed

Smash Apprentice
probably forever... or at least itll feel that way
It midnight! The ballot is (I believe at this point) officially closed!

Whew, what a ride! All we can do now is wait...

EDIT: Whoops! Didn't want to reply. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
It midnight! The ballot is (I believe at this point) officially closed!

Whew, what a ride! All we can do now is wait...

EDIT: Whoops! Didn't want to reply. Sorry about that.
its cool, but...

THE BALOOTS STILL OPEN! SNEAK THEM VOTES!

lol, itll close when its october third, worldwide wouldjt be fair to Cali if it closed now you easterner

K.O.Ninja

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2638-3836-1861
Switch FC
SW-8125-1321-6340
Hi, everyone, I've been lurking here for the past couple months and I finally voted for her last month. The support I've seen here is incredible and you should all be proud of yourselves. Even if she doesn't make it in, I hope you'll all support her for Smash 5. And because it's the final day of the ballot, I thought this might be fitting.

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Well, it's midnight for me, now.
Man, this is feeling like Christmas right now. Well, in the sense that we don't know what we're getting but we hope for that extra-cool thing.

Heh... I honestly hope that if Shantae does get in, that she won't be one of those no-skill characters. I wouldn't wanna see her on Shiek level, but at the same time I wanna be able to see her place high in tournies.

Damenshi

Smash Apprentice
You know, with everything coming to a close on the ballot, I just want to say that I'm surprised.

Surprised that a character that I originally believed didn't have a prayer in hell, became one of the most rapidly and wholeheartedly supported by the community. I'll be honest, my original vote went to 'ol Shovel Knight - as I had recently finished the game and loved the heck out of it. But, something about Wayforward's campaign specifically just... clicked with me. Maybe it was the fact that I was already infatuated with the series (thanks to a guy by the name of Andrew Dickman), and happened to have played through Risky's Revenge recently as well. Looking back, I think it was the charm of the series I was drawn to, and the sheer love for it that its creators and fans so openly expressed.

Thus, my decision was made. Since then, I found myself keeping rather close tabs on the ballot, as well as Shantae's campaign itself - even going as far as to leave a tab open for this thread at all times to stay "in the know". Day by day I watched the support grow, and I even became rather proud of myself, Wayforward, Mr. Bozon, and the wonderful supporters here for the amazing passion and mind-boggling progress. The dedication was and remains astounding, and I am honored to have been even but a small part of it.

I admit I'm not always the best with words, or even the only one that feels this way, but I didn't want to close out the ballot without at least a few words regarding my thoughts. :b

No matter what happens, I consider it a joy and a privilege to be apart of this fandom.

Fingers crossed, ladies and gents!
Let's hope this wish comes true!

----------

EDIT: I also apologize for corniness. My "fan energy" often takes the form of dramatic speeches... I have no idea why. ^-^;

Last edited:

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
Just became midnight for me surprised it's been a whole year since Smash 3DS released I also remembered I purchased Shantae & the Pirate's Curse on the 23rd...anyone else found it funny that Pirate's Curse released 20 days later after Smash 3DS ?

GP2

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I know it doesnt mean much but Banjo surpased Shantae in Etika's poll. Think we could round up a little more support to get her back in 2nd?

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Hey guys I know it doesnt mean much but Banjo surpased Shantae in Etika's poll. Think we could round up a little more support to get her back in 2nd?
What's funny about Banjo & Kazooie is that people have their nostalgia goggles on too tight to realize that would instantly backfire on Nintendo, business-wise, as Rare is a 2nd party to Microsoft.

Considering how the only place you can find the BK series for cheap is Xbox 360, which more people have than a Wii U, sales will rise on there due to growing interest in the characters thanks to the DLC. Phil Spencer's okay is part of the plan for Nintendo to waste their time for something that Microsoft is clearly going to benefit from. It's like having a giant advertisement for Wendys at your local McDonalds. Who wins?

Last edited:

conTAgi0n

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1668 7817 3192
Are you sure you are looking at up to date results? I just checked the results after reading your post, and according to what I'm seeing, she is about 400 votes ahead of BK.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I swear, the insane amounts of cuteness found in Shantae fanart will be the end of me.

Also, Shantae as a Sailor Scout YES

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I'd like to see Shantae in Smash, but the "muh diversity" arguments and any derivative thereof have no merit.
Sounds like John Rawls or Robespierre up in here.
I know they do to Sakurai, though, so it's a plus for her likelihood of inclusion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom