• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
And in other useless trivia Shantae would be the second female main character after Samus (third if Zamus is seperate) and the first female third party character. (and still the tumblrinas would find something to complain about)
I can see it now.
"OMG I AM SO TRIGGERED THAT NINTENDO WOULD LET THIS MISOGYNISTIC CHARACTER IN, WHAT A BUNCH OF ***LORDS, SHE'S AN ETHNIC MINORITY BUT SHE'S SEXY AND THAT'S WHAT OFFENDS ME
DONATE TO MY PATREON SO I CAN GO TO THE BAHAMAS I CAN TELL THOSE CIS WHITES TO END IT"

I think I did an accurate representation...

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So anyway, I just realized that a Moveset I'm making with the new op has a lot of moves that were in the drawing. Lol

Every Attack except that corkscrew kick based on her spin attack from the first game.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I can see it now.
"OMG I AM SO TRIGGERED THAT NINTENDO WOULD LET THIS MISOGYNISTIC CHARACTER IN, WHAT A BUNCH OF ***LORDS, SHE'S AN ETHNIC MINORITY BUT SHE'S SEXY AND THAT'S WHAT OFFENDS ME
DONATE TO MY PATREON SO I CAN GO TO THE BAHAMAS I CAN TELL THOSE CIS WHITES TO END IT"

I think I did an accurate representation...
Almost, there'd be something in there about Shantae being exploited because she has darker skin, conveniantly ignoring the Caucasian (I think) Ms Aran's alt costumes showing more skin.

Not to mention Shantae's character designer was a woman.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Even if I wish her inclusion as playable, I'd already be super-happy if Shantae ends up al least as a trophy.

Sonic 2099 The Hedgehog

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonic09Hedgehog
3DS FC
4038-6177-1632
Warning Received
But how about Rayman's trophies and Commander Video's trophyhy ?
that's Something Diffrent, and Was Before the Release. They are not Waist any Memory Blocks for a New Trophy. She get one if She's in, End of Story

You will not probably belive me, bit I was going to ask the exact same thing!
Hope So. Think So. also Nice Profile Pic.

Last edited by a moderator:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
that's Something Diffrent, and Was Before the Release. They are not Waist any Memory Blocks for a New Trophy. She get one if She's in, End of Story
not really she could still have a trophy.More than likely there gonna have trophies as DLC and pretty put them in a pack with a character.For example Lucas,stage,mii costumes,balance patch,trophies.This going off what's coming with mewtwo

blujay1524

Smash Cadet
I never beat the original Shantae so I can't speak to the moves, but what about the Transformations? They deserve a spot in her moveset too!

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I never beat the original Shantae so I can't speak to the moves, but what about the Transformations? They deserve a spot in her moveset too!
Depends on how they're implemented. The 3DS was too puny to handle Pokemon Trainer and the other transformers. then again if she transforms for a single attack then turns back without modifying her moveset it should work.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
You know what I think would be interesting for Shantae? If some of her moves involved her own style of capoeira. For those who don't know, that's basically a fighting style that also involves some sick dance moves.
Will she get banned from tourneys like Eddy Gordo? :3

Shog

Smash Ace
The stock icon suggested for Shantae from WayFoward is some kind of lamp btw(Check the 8 alt palettes for her)

Sonic 2099 The Hedgehog

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonic09Hedgehog
3DS FC
4038-6177-1632
Well this is what happened in the Smash Fighting Ballot Waithing Room.

Last edited:

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
I found a interesting read on this blog were it showed all the evidence pointing to DLC in smash, but what really caught my eye was the extra All-Star stages for 7-9 on Wii U, so there's the possibility of a total of 16 DLC characters including Mewtwo & Lucas so there could be 14 slots left. What do you guys think?
https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/04/10/was-dlc-planned-for-smash-4/

Last edited:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
I found a interesting read on this blog were it showed all the evidence pointing to DLC in smash, but what really caught my eye was the extra All-Star stages for 7-9 on Wii U, so there's the possibility of a total of 16 DLC characters including Mewtwo & Lucas so there could be 14 slots left. What do you guys think?
14 slots left? You want Sakurai to be slaving at this stuff forever do you? :troll:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
i find this very unlikely.Wouldn't mind but god is is it unlikely.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
14 slots left? You want Sakurai to be slaving at this stuff forever do you? :troll:
No, Not really I've seen how he's been looking nowadays and I got to say he doesn't look to good. I would rather have him take his vacation and have someone else take over his DLC plans but sadly Sakurai is a workaholic so we can't stop him. And I still would like to keep this evidence in mind in case these extra 14 may come into fruition.

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
O.O well... that's alot of DLC characters if that turned out to be true, not that i would mind or anything... but jeeze 14?! i thought Sakurai would want a break or something after the release of smash 4.

Also, may i be put on the Supporters list? out of all the characters i'm willing to support, it's Shantae and Custom Robo i want the most, and Shantae is a character i've recently been introduced to and i immediately like her, and her games.

Sonic 2099 The Hedgehog

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonic09Hedgehog
3DS FC
4038-6177-1632

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Well Sakurai already mentioned that they won't be doing very many more characters, so I doubt we will see anything like 16 DLC characters. He has tricked us in the past. Though I don't think we would be lying on this matter. I do certainly see somewhere around 4-8 more, besides Mewtwo and Lucas. Another 16 would be like another game worth of characters, and I don't think that is a favorable thought on the dev teams part.

But if it so happens that I'm wrong on this matter, it sounds like they would attempt to bring back all the missing vets and then some if we had that much DLC. To break it down, we only have 8 missing vets now. That is literally half of the 16 character DLC leaving 8 more characters to choose from. From what we've seen, some popular newcomer choices are:

>K. Rool
>Ridley
>Banjo
>Inkling
>Shovel Knight
>Wonder Red
>Bayonetta
>Isaac
>Krystal
>Paper Mario
>Simon Belmont
>Shantae

This is me just going off memory after getting off of my 12 hour night shift at work, so forgive me if this is somewhat inaccurate. But I do believe we have a 2/3 chance of getting Shantae. Assuming that Nintendo is considering Indie characters at all, of course.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I don't think we will reach that amount of characters. Probably, during the development, neither Sakurai or Nintendo knew how much they would have add, so they decided to keep a lot of space free. In my opinion, we are going to get 6 or 7 characters, including Mewtwo and Lucas, and most of these will be veterans. I hope that one of these is Shantae!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Keep your hopes in check people. 6 characters including Luas and Mewtwo (four unknowns) at the absolute maximum.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
For those that know OmniArtsy.

Maybe you guys could try and suggest Smashifed Shantae. :)
the guy does amazing work really glad he's doing this.But i wonder if him doing this effects the votes.Like do you think rayman and shovel knight would have as many votes if he didn't do this series?And if so do you think we can see an increase in banjo votes

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
the guy does amazing work really glad he's doing this.But i wonder if him doing this effects the votes.Like do you think rayman and shovel knight would have as many votes if he didn't do this series?And if so do you think we can see an increase in banjo votes
Possibly, as it was this guys "Fake Leak" of Rayman that basically brought Rayman back to life with support. So I would say so, maybe so. :)

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd request Shantae even if it didn't increase the votes. It'd look damn good and be there for the "what-if" value later.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
14 slots? that is definitely iffy.. all of that would put us up to around.. a 65 character roster o_o

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For those that know OmniArtsy.

Maybe you guys could try and suggest Smashifed Shantae. :)
I was looking at the comments earlier and shantae seemed to be the most prominent, it would make since cause he has been doing non Nintendo characters so far

Potatoharbinger

Smash Rookie
I don't know what to make of the potential number of DLC characters, but it does have quite the potential for being high. Sakurai wanted to add DLC to Brawl, but the Wii couldn't handle it. Now that Smash has come to a system that can handle DLC, it's opened quite the window. There was a an almost 7 year gap between Brawl and Sm4sh, and we know Sakurai doesn't want to make another Smash game. The addition of quite a large amount of character DLC could allow this game increased longevity due to an ever changing roster and metagame. Plus, making characters is markedly less work than making the whole game. The ballot could really just be being used so they can see who fans want in the game so: 1. They will keep playing and 2. The DLC will surely be bought because the fans told them who to put into the game.

TL:DR- Lots of Sm4sh characters are possible, but probably spread out over a year or two, maybe longer.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I don't know what to make of the potential number of DLC characters, but it does have quite the potential for being high. Sakurai wanted to add DLC to Brawl, but the Wii couldn't handle it. Now that Smash has come to a system that can handle DLC, it's opened quite the window. There was a an almost 7 year gap between Brawl and Sm4sh, and we know Sakurai doesn't want to make another Smash game. The addition of quite a large amount of character DLC could allow this game increased longevity due to an ever changing roster and metagame. Plus, making characters is markedly less work than making the whole game. The ballot could really just be being used so they can see who fans want in the game so: 1. They will keep playing and 2. The DLC will surely be bought because the fans told them who to put into the game.

TL:DR- Lots of Sm4sh characters are possible, but probably spread out over a year or two, maybe longer.
Yep yep! Plus its not like we're gonna get these guys all at once, if that's the actual number. There seems to be like a few months in between each announcement, then another couple until release... as this does take a lot of time after all. I could imagine them releasing them in twos later on in the future though.

and my point exactly on the ballot. It gives Nintendo an idea of what would be successful as theoretical DLC, and whats not.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Fourteen is way too unrealistic. No fighting game with DLC ever had that many characters for download (or had 51 characters without DLC like Smash has).

I have not idea how many characters we'll get, but definitely not that many.

Last edited:
Top Bottom