• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Been lurking on this thread for a few days and instantly put my vote in for Shantae when i saw the update from Wayforward. If there's a list of supporters, sign me up!
Yep! Theres a list on the OP :p

@
8-peacock-8
Speaking of which... Why am I still not in the list >_< I support this idea through the roof XD

Also, I read through the list. I notice some names are listed twice? Is this intentional? :o

The names that have repeats are:
Awesomedude4444
Raheem The Dream
and Chromvoy

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Oh, and if my recent work and posts here haven't made it obvious, I'm a huge supporter of Shantae. So go ahead and add me to the list whenever you have a chance :)

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Oh, and if my recent work and posts here haven't made it obvious, I'm a huge supporter of Shantae. So go ahead and add me to the list whenever you have a chance :)
It has been a while JCOnyx! Glad to see you on the Shantae support train with me. Haha.

Loïc

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2964-9447-9337
Voted for her. Twice.

I've only played the first one for the GBC, but it's probably my favorite GBC game. I always thought she'd be a perfect fit for smash, but assumed she had no chance due to being rather obscure and "indie" despite her and WayForward's close relationship with Nintendo. Now with the ballot and 3 games worth of abilities under her belt, here's hoping the best for the Half-Genie Hero.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Voted for her. Twice.

I've only played the first one for the GBC, but it's probably my favorite GBC game. I always thought she'd be a perfect fit for smash, but assumed she had no chance due to being rather obscure and "indie" despite her and WayForward's close relationship with Nintendo. Now with the ballot and 3 games worth of abilities under her belt, here's hoping the best for the Half-Genie Hero.
Nice! We need all the help we can get to get this stuff out there.

That reminds me.. I wonder if Shantae's fate would be different if her first game had released earlier in the Gameboy Color's life? Would she be as obscure? (I would assume we would still get the same games at least) I can only wonder..

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Really is nice to see a lot more people showing up to support shantae.Makes me feel nice

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Nice! We need all the help we can get to get this stuff out there.

That reminds me.. I wonder if Shantae's fate would be different if her first game had released earlier in the Gameboy Color's life? Would she be as obscure? (I would assume we would still get the same games at least) I can only wonder..
If the game had the same quality, yeah. Shantae was made right around the beginnings of the GBA, so...

Loïc

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2964-9447-9337
She'd probably be more well known and would've been able to get that scrapped GBA game, though if that happened we may have never gotten Risky's Revenge. On the subject of scrapped games, wasn't Shantae originally intended to be on the original PS? If she makes it in, it'd be pretty neat to have a reference to her design in that game.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
She'd probably be more well known and would've been able to get that scrapped GBA game, though if that happened we may have never gotten Risky's Revenge. On the subject of scrapped games, wasn't Shantae originally intended to be on the original PS? If she makes it in, it'd be pretty neat to have a reference to her design in that game.
I wouldn't be so sure. Its hard to say how the timeline would have went.. but I have a feeling, if the first game were more successful, it would have cemented itself in the Nintendo line up.. and who knows. We might have seen even more Shantae games than we have today! (Think about it.. the timeframe between the first game, and Risky's Revenge is eight years) Who knows what it would have been like

Last edited:

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
I looked at the related tags in Twitter and Tumblr. The Shantae Hype is real and is here to stay.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I figure this is as good a place as any to ask...

I was thinking of getting a Shantae game, I see the Pirate's Curse one on the E-Shop, but I'm iffy on spending $20 on it, particularly since I'd only have it on either the Wii U or 3DS, but not both. Though if I did get it, which version would be better?

Or would it be better to wait for the new game? It looks like it got delayed indefinitely though...

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion

I was thinking of getting a Shantae game, I see the Pirate's Curse one on the E-Shop, but I'm iffy on spending $20 on it, particularly since I'd only have it on either the Wii U or 3DS, but not both. Though if I did get it, which version would be better?

Or would it be better to wait for the new game? It looks like it got delayed indefinitely though...
It's really depends shantae has always been an handheld series so if you continuntiy get the handheld version but if you want the game in HD i say get the wii u version.I chose the wii u version because i perfer playing my games on a bigger screen.Either way i say the game is way worth the money and i promise a good time

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608

I have all 3 games on 3DS including the wii u version of pirate's curse and all of the games are great, but between the 3DS & Wii U version of pirates curse I gotta say go with the Wii U version.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Blew up some guy's arguments on youtube earlier.. Basically to sum it up, it was a Shovel Knight > Shantae kinda thing..

Ugh you should have heard em, they were so stupid. I would love to paste my roast in here, but its kinda long.. XD Just to give you an idea of the stupid that was radiating from his arguments, I'll give you an example:

"Shovel knight has a better chance than her because his game is in the Wii u and its easier to license their character that was on the Wii u than it is for Shantae in the Gameboy Advance."

Didn't really care either. I needed the practice to set up a solid defence against the contractors weak arguments.

Last edited:

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Blew up some guy's arguments on youtube earlier.. Basically to sum it up, it was a Shovel Knight > Shantae kinda thing..

Ugh you should have heard em, they were so stupid. I would love to paste my roast in here, but its kinda long.. XD Just to give you an idea of the stupid that was radiating from his arguments, I'll give you an example:

"Shovel knight has a better chance than her because his game is in the Wii u and its easier to license their character that was on the Wii u than it is for Shantae in the Gameboy Advance."

Didn't really care either. I needed the practice to set up a solid defence against the contractors weak arguments.
>Shantae on GBA
I wish.

Just show him the facts that Shantae has been around longer (and on Nintendo longer) than Shovel Knight. Also, you can post the argument on pastebin then link it here.

I know that it's just a matter of opinion on who should get in, but his arguments sound really stupid

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
>Shantae on GBA
I wish.

Just show him the facts that Shantae has been around longer (and on Nintendo longer) than Shovel Knight. Also, you can post the argument on pastebin then link it here.

I know that it's just a matter of opinion on who should get in, but his arguments sound really stupid
Oh, they were... So very stupid. XD

http://pastebin.com/JcMNhrdQ

That should be it, if anyone wants to see it. Plus theres no showing him anything. It was over before it started lol

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Oh god those arguments. I still have to buy one game (I think I'll start with Risky's Revenge), but I do feel that Shantae is clearly more worthy, and that Shovel Knight is a little bit too overhyped. His game is probably a gem, but he don't scream "Nintendo" like Shantae does.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Oh god those arguments. I still have to buy one game (I think I'll start with Risky's Revenge), but I do feel that Shantae is clearly more worthy, and that Shovel Knight is a little bit too overhyped. His game is probably a gem, but he don't scream "Nintendo" like Shantae does.
Heh. I don't even think the guy knew what to say after all of that actually. His response after all of that was a simple:

"Uhhhh ok" ... XD

D

Deleted member

Can you add me to the support list she's like my 3rd most wanted person

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Oh, they were... So very stupid. XD

http://pastebin.com/JcMNhrdQ

That should be it, if anyone wants to see it. Plus theres no showing him anything. It was over before it started lol
Man. That brings back memories of when I had a conversation with a Shovel Knight fan who was hating on a little gem called Freedom Planet. Still one of my favorite games to date honestly.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Man. That brings back memories of when I had a conversation with a Shovel Knight fan who was hating on a little gem called Freedom Planet. Still one of my favorite games to date honestly.
Freedom Planet? AWWWW I've been dieing to pick that game up from Steam, but I've never had the funds to get anything from there yet -_-.. lol

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Freedom Planet? AWWWW I've been dieing to pick that game up from Steam, but I've never had the funds to get anything from there yet -_-.. lol
It'll be coming out to Wii U E-Shop later this year, if you don't mind waiting. The game should also be getting additional characters sometime too. And don't worry. They are free DLC from what I've heard. The Wii U version will probably be released after this content though. : )

Potatoharbinger

Smash Rookie
On the idea of dlc and the Smash Ballot, does anybody have an idea of how the ballot will actually work? The website says that if you write a game characters name in as a vote, they will be considered for Smash, but this leaves so many questions. Can only one vote get a character a consideration? Is it not based on overall votes? Is there a threshold of votes required to be considered or to make it into the game? THESE QUESTIONS KEEP ME UP AT NIGHT NINTENDO PLZ.

Potatoharbinger

Smash Rookie
Found this on twitter not to bad.
Such a shame they had to cut Ice climbers because of 3DS limitations. Would've liked to see them make a return. Wanted Waluigi pretty bad at first, but having a hard time believing that since he already has an assist trophy in the game that they will add him even if he gets a lot of votes. Roy was my boy for a while in Melee, but would it be a problem with the Bowser Jr. Roy skin?

Sonic 2099 The Hedgehog

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonic09Hedgehog
3DS FC
4038-6177-1632
Such a shame they had to cut Ice climbers because of 3DS limitations. Would've liked to see them make a return. Wanted Waluigi pretty bad at first, but having a hard time believing that since he already has an assist trophy in the game that they will add him even if he gets a lot of votes. Roy was my boy for a while in Melee, but would it be a problem with the Bowser Jr. Roy skin?
I See them Coming Back as DLC. But the 3DS Owners need the New 3DS

Wow!! This is Cone Be Goooood!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

blujay1524

Smash Cadet
Glad to see all my picks are on this list! xD

Not to detract from people who like him but....Waluigi? Shouldn't he have his own game first? And since when did Rayman become so popular (not detracting, genuinely curious)? I know he's been around, but I've never known anybody who played his games until very recently.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
And since when did Rayman become so popular (not detracting, genuinely curious)? I know he's been around, but I've never known anybody who played his games until very recently.
*Cough*

Rayman was the number one most requested newcomer on the last fan poll before the ballots. Above King K. Rool.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Seriously, I truly don't want Paper Mario as DLC, but Geno from Super Mario RPG: Legend of The Seven Stars-SNES, 1996 now he's the only final special kind of Mario type character that seriously needed to be strictly confirmed as a New DLC playable character in T-I-M-E for LEGENDARY Super Smash Bros Franchise in 3DS/Wii U versions and btw #Shantae4SmashBrosDLC & even #Geno4SmashBrosDLC for the both their sakes in DLC roster's slot!

P.S: F# you, Paper Mario! Cuz, Geno is extremely perfect and especially for Shantae that Smash Bros Franchise itself must have Shantae for more female fighters to add in!

http://smashboards.com/threads/geno...eryones-gotta-do-their-part-vote-geno.324253/
PicsArt_1428186611935 Geno.jpg
sample_d52264b3273d338ac965b51ad3f4cbc8 Shantae.jpg

Top Bottom