• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Would you guys consider Shantae indie at this point? I thought that maybe Nintendo could try to add an Indie character or two to show their love for the indie market. I would say top contenders would be Commander Video, Shovel Knight, and Shantae.
I don't really know why she wouldn't be considered Indie. WayForward isn't exactly a triple-a game making company, but that isn't to say that titles they make aren't quality. But yeah, Commander Video, Shovel Knight, and Shantae would be top contenders for a character that could represent Independent Developers.

Now in my heart, Quote is obv the only good choice my preferred choice, but those three are definitely worthy contenders. But I feel that it would go down between Commander Video and Shantae, that Smash appearance gives him a slight upper hand.

D

Deleted member

Just finished Shantae 3 (aka Pirate's Curse) yesterday.

Sweet, sweeeeeet game, easily the best out of the 3, though I was a little underwhelmed about the soundtrack which, while still good and catchy, isn't as surprising as Risky's Revenge's one for me.
And the french translation, while good, still needs some improvements, but as it is the first time WayForward does a translation of such an adventure game like this one, we can forgive it to them.

Anyway, I loved the larger cast and world, the humour, the chara-design, and also liked the fan-service (one of the most well-made honestly).

And this game confirms that Shantae, along with Samus and such, is one of the greatest female characters ever made in every form of media ever.

And as such, she's become my sweetest dream for any future Smash-related game even more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Just finished Shantae 3 (aka Pirate's Curse) yesterday.

Sweet, sweeeeeet game, easily the best out of the 3, though I was a little underwhelmed about the soundtrack which, while still good and catchy, isn't as surprising as Risky's Revenge's one for me.
And the french translation, while good, still needs some improvements, but as it is the first time WayForward does a translation of such an adventure game like this one, we can forgive it to them.

Anyway, I loved the larger cast and world, the humour, the chara-design, and also liked the fan-service (one of the most well-made honestly).

And this game confirms that Shantae, along with Samus and such, is one of the greatest female characters ever made in every form of media ever.

And as such, she's become my sweetest dream for any future Smash-related game even more.
Reminds me that I still need to play Pirate's Curse and Half-Genie Hero.

Should I play Risky's Revenge too?

D

Deleted member

The first Shantae game on the GBC is toughie, but still kinda impressive at the time of its release.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
One thing i like about Pirate's Curse is that it adds more moveset potential. It would take too long to list all my other reasons. Let's just say i enjoyed it enough to buy it for both the 3DS and Wii U.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Update: The guy who made the Rayman image is taking requests. So i'm trying to get Shantae down for this thread.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Last edited:

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This sounds like a good choice for a DLC character, and I hope she gets in as an unorthodox entry, especially since the majority of her games are reasons to buy eShop exclusive titles.

Rugal Cuttah

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2079-8390-5278
Im all for that. Love Shantae s games. 2d games at their finest. Cant believe I never even suggested that. I think gunvolt hero too would be good. Dont Risky boots too.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Shantae is on PC? Which game?

I'll admit that I've been mildly interested.

:231:

Top Bottom