• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
I love the artist's style (who I'm also leaving anonymous, keep reading) and how cute Shantae looks in the outfit, but this is under "spoiler" because I know someone here, logged on or a guest, is going to make a big stink about the shirt.

image.jpg

Last edited:

conTAgi0n

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1668 7817 3192
Looks like RogersBase's "sources" have turned out to be false. October 23rd is the date he gave for thinking there'd be news, and we've heard nothing about a Direct tomorrow.

As much as I hate this lack of information from Nintendo, it is good for us that none of the early rumors have turned out to be true. That suggests Nintendo did not pick winners at the beginning, before Shantae had built up her support base, but is rather considering the full six months of ballot results.

I love the artist's style (who I'm also leaving anonymous, keep reading) and how cute Shantae looks in the outfit, but this is under "spoiler" because I know someone here, logged on or a guest, is going to make a big stink about the shirt.

Well frankly it is a pretty f*cking moronic shirt. If someone depicts a character I like holding a sign that says "god hates f@gs" for instance, I'm not going to like the depiction no matter how good their art style is. "Down with cis" may not be as offensive but it's equally asinine.

DoctorSanity

Smash Journeyman
Well frankly it is a pretty f*cking moronic shirt. If someone depicts a character I like holding a sign that says "god hates f@gs" for instance, I'm not going to like the depiction no matter how good their art style is. "Down with cis" may not be as offensive but it's equally asinine.
Uh, actually the "down with cis" is a joke saying that started from some person pretending to make up a story of a bunch of trans people(? I think?) coming out of a bus, all wearing that T-shirt, and beating him up. It was so stupid that it gained a meme following or something.

I don't even where to begin on how to describe why people do it, but for some reason I actually find it hilarious when people draw characters wearing the shirt.

So... it's supposed to be moronic? lol

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion

Last edited:

conTAgi0n

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1668 7817 3192
Uh, actually the "down with cis" is a joke saying that started from some person pretending to make up a story of a bunch of trans people(? I think?) coming out of a bus, all wearing that T-shirt, and beating him up. It was so stupid that it gained a meme following or something.

I don't even where to begin on how to describe why people do it, but for some reason I actually find it hilarious when people draw characters wearing the shirt.

So... it's supposed to be moronic? lol
If that's the case then my bad. I've seen and heard both that and similar sentiments expressed very much in earnest, so I didn't realize it was originally a joke phrase.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Shantae would just give Risky an Auto-Potion to hold on to.

End game.
10/10 best game no re...

In seriousness, I wonder if Sakurai choosing to start work on ballot character(s) after it ends means that he saw all the votes for Shantae that popped up.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Hey, has anyone here gotten their 3DS repaired recently? I want to know if you're able to log into your Nintendo Network ID when you get it back.

Speaking of 3DS, Shantae rep!
image.jpg

Should've been Rottytops tho

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Since zombies are all the rage nowadays, I'm surprised that Rottytops isn't super popular, especially from the the general public.

Look at her.
image.jpg

Adorable Zombie Girl.

Instant money

imagine all the merchandise and niche spinoff games that'd we buy anyway

Last edited:

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
I drew Rotty 4D, had a lot of fun drawing Rotty again~

Rotty 4D.PNG

- This is the first time I drew Rotty since 2011
- I literally drew her in the same exact pose as her 4D artwork with slight differences besides being in my art style
- I gave her jacket and pants the color scheme of her top and skirt from Risky's Revenge while her shoes I made theme bright black

It was lot of fun drawing her again and been having some fun playing Pirate's Curse and surprisingly I passed Run Rottytops Run ! after my 3rd try (seriously that mini-game is a pain sometimes!)

I gotta say while it's a shame that we got no updates on the ballot but I am happy Nintendo has been quiet, better to be quiet then have another Roy and Ryu happen as I like to be surprised when it comes to Smash Bros. hope we get some news or at least some costumes before October comes to a close maybe some Halloween themed costumes since Halloween is next week

Last edited:

gb7zone7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gb7zone7
Hey, has anyone here gotten their 3DS repaired recently? I want to know if you're able to log into your Nintendo Network ID when you get it back.

Speaking of 3DS, Shantae rep!
View attachment 79484
Should've been Rottytops tho
Shantae getting rep on Wii U also. The Tinkerbat is the poster boy for Eerie Awesome Indies section.

Last edited:

conTAgi0n

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1668 7817 3192
I drew Rotty 4D, had a lot of fun drawing Rotty again~

- This is the first time I drew Rotty since 2011
- I literally drew her in the same exact pose as her 4D artwork with slight differences besides being in my art style
- I gave her jacket and pants the color scheme of her top and skirt from Risky's Revenge while her shoes I made theme bright black

It was lot of fun drawing her again and been having some fun playing Pirate's Curse and surprisingly I passed Run Rottytops Run ! after my 3rd try (seriously that mini-game is a pain sometimes!)

I gotta say while it's a shame that we got no updates on the ballot but I am happy Nintendo has been quiet, better to be quiet then have another Roy and Ryu happen as I like to be surprised when it comes to Smash Bros. hope we get some news or at least some costumes before October comes to a close maybe some Halloween themed costumes since Halloween is next week
Ah man a Halloween-themed costume pack would be ****in sick (if it were character costumes instead of Mii costumes). I wish Nintendo would start selling DLC costumes for the actual characters. It doesn't seem like they ever will, but I would definitely buy those if they did. I have yet to buy a single Mii costume though.

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
Ah man a Halloween-themed costume pack would be ****in sick (if it were character costumes instead of Mii costumes). I wish Nintendo would start selling DLC costumes for the actual characters. It doesn't seem like they ever will, but I would definitely buy those if they did. I have yet to buy a single Mii costume though.
I hope we do get holiday themed Mii costumes but for characters I can see Magikoopa easily as a swordfighter costume but if regular characters did costume alts or colors alts I'll be happy ( I want my Ballon Fighter/Blue and Red Mario back Sakurai !)

Midnight Twinkle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MidnightTwinkle
3DS FC
1461-6246-6413
Pony Shantae.png

Haven't drawn for awhile so I decided to draw Shantae as a pony. Why? 'Cause both are super fun to draw!

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
After that Indie Fighting roster, I may make a few indie x Marvel mock-up comic book covers.

The ideas I currently have are

Shantae + Squirrel Girl (and/or) Ms. Marvel

Shovel Knight + Thor

Both + Deadpool

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Last time I checked, the ballot was over.
Yeah but let's keep up with the support. This ballot will have over 90,000 voters so we need to make sure that people see that Shantae is well known. Currently she is in the top 5 when it comes to results.
Every time I see that Shovel Knight is placing gaps ahead of Shantae, it makes it that much harder for me to want to buy his game. Smash Ballot is destroying me...
Don't worry about it. I tweeted to both WayForward and Mr. Bozon to spread the word to the HGH backers. Shantae will be in the top 3 no questions.

Top Bottom