• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been active on here lately, been busy with college stuff, but I have a bit of free time here and there, here's a few sketches I've had for a little while, just more or less some casual clothing designs, sorry about the image quality, it's the best I have at the present time (I don't think Pac is too happy with the fact I gave him just a hat), as you see I'm still hopeful Shantae will make it in, (also can't believe we hit 200 pages, nice job everyone!!)
DSCN1808.JPG
DSCN1806.JPG

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been active on here lately, been busy with college stuff, but I have a bit of free time here and there, here's a few sketches I've had for a little while, just more or less some casual clothing designs, sorry about the image quality, it's the best I have at the present time (I don't think Pac is too happy with the fact I gave him just a hat), as you see I'm still hopeful Shantae will make it in, (also can't believe we hit 200 pages, nice job everyone!!)View attachment 78370View attachment 78371
Wonderful job. I really like these.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been active on here lately, been busy with college stuff, but I have a bit of free time here and there, here's a few sketches I've had for a little while, just more or less some casual clothing designs, sorry about the image quality, it's the best I have at the present time (I don't think Pac is too happy with the fact I gave him just a hat), as you see I'm still hopeful Shantae will make it in, (also can't believe we hit 200 pages, nice job everyone!!)View attachment 78370View attachment 78371
that bottom one is just adorable.

(Further proof that even if you put Shantae in more clothing, she's still just as likable and appealing. Up yours, 4chan :V )

Also Pac-Man only being able to wear a different hat

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
image.jpg
Almost finished!

Anything I should add or change before adding the roster and timer?

(The textbox with Shovel Knight's name needs to be fixed, so I'll get to that.)

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Congratulations on making to 200 PAGES yeah!!!

I hope we get another 200 pages before the DLC is released.

conTAgi0n

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1668 7817 3192
Congratulations on making to 200 PAGES yeah!!!

I hope we get another 200 pages before the DLC is released.
Oh my god I don't hope so at all. I hope we get DLC released before we even get to page 201. I am sick and tired of waiting and wondering.

BlitzUnleashed

Smash Apprentice
I agree. This thread was the reason I signed up for Smashboards, at it got me to find a community that enjoyed what I thought was a little obscure game from the end of the gameboy color era that grew into an impassioned community. Happy to be here.
Same here. It's nice to not only find a thread that supports a character I want in Smash, but a thread that has friendly people, as well.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
I have this weird headcanon that consists of Shantae looking up to Samus as some sort of idol or teacher. Mainly because of Shantae having gameplay inspired by Metroid, along with Shantae striving to be a strong heroine.

:4samus:

Last edited:

goatman2112

Smash Rookie
I have this weird headcanon that consists of Shantae looking up to Samus as some sort of idol or teacher. Mainly because of Shantae having gameplay inspired by Metroid, along with Shantae striving to be a strong heroine.

:4samus:
Samus: Shantae, one of the main things people have against you is how you dress. Where did you learn to dress like that?
Shantae: From you Samus! I learned it from watching you!

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Samus: Shantae, one of the main things people have against you is how you dress. Where did you learn to dress like that?
Shantae: From you Samus! I learned it from watching you!
I saw that coming from several planets away and I still laughed like a freaking hyena

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I keep seeing facebook posts trolling leaks. :laugh:

Each and everyone of these joke posts mentioned Shantae. Despite the fact that a lot of these posters i follow don't want her in the game. (Or specific admins of the pages anyway)

Either way, i find it funny how this happens. And it's happened a lot this week.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
This is why we have a thing called; Artist's preferences. If it's the style he's going for, it is what it is.
Yeah, the characters are drawn based on my own interpetation, but I do see where his points are coming from. Shantae's arm length and hands are something I could've fixed (I also keep giving her a small or flat chest, which I'm sure nobody has a problem with ._. )

On the other hand, since this is nothing more than a mockup/proof of concept roster, if I really wanted to stay true to the character's original designs, I might as well have taken their official art. :B

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Gotta get the muscles to whip that hair back and forth. Whip that hair back and forth.
She also has the elbow dash.

All that climbing also has to help.

In terms of a fighting game, I think hair whipping wouldn't be the default attack. It would probably be:

Fist for regular punch

Elbow for medium punch

Hair whip for hard punch

Last edited:

takai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
infamoustakai
Can't believe we made it to page 200 awesome guys! :)
I would give a large amount of the money I've saved for a picture like that from Matt. I really like how he draws her, it has a sense of classicness and nostalgia.

takai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
infamoustakai
Not sure if you guys have seen this or not. It could be fake but it'd be cool if it's real.

https://plus.google.com/107521336896915703186/posts/JrPL9X981gh
A lot of the things said aren't really too far fetched to be honest. I've seen other "leaked" posts that have ludicrous things listed. This list seems a lot more realistic as compared to others. I personally don't believe anything anymore until it comes from Nintendo's mouth, but I'll keep in mind what this says at least.

I guess since we're on the subject, does anyone know if Isabelle is going to be sold in a single Amiibo pack besides being bundled with Animal Crossing: Mario Party?

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Not sure if you guys have seen this or not. It could be fake but it'd be cool if it's real.

https://plus.google.com/107521336896915703186/posts/JrPL9X981gh
Meh.... In a way, it's hard to say if this is real or fake. I'd love to see the majority of the content that's in that post, but there's no Smash news (Amiibo excluded), and that would be something that Nintendo would have to clarify on. This did come out of nowhere though from a guy with the last name of Trust and with that post being his only one, so it is a bit suspicious.

Last edited:

CCTANK93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CCTANK93
3DS FC
4296-3062-4792
Meh.... In a way, it's hard to say if this is real or fake. I'd love to see the majority of the content that's in that post, but there's no Smash news (Amiibo excluded), and that would be something that Nintendo would have to clarify on. This did come out of nowhere though from a guy with the last name of Trust and with that post being his only one, so it is a bit suspicious.
Yeah. I guess we'll see next week. I'm pretty sure this is fake but man some of the stuff on that list would be awesome.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Contrary to what Matt Bozon has said in the past, Shantae actually isn't the original indie darling.

I say this because I just remembered that Touhou Project turns 20 this year.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Contrary to what Matt Bozon has said in the past, Shantae actually isn't the original indie darling.

I say this because I just remembered that Touhou Project turns 20 this year.
Hmm... Touhou is a Japanese Indie right?.. Didn't Shantae originate in America?

So I guess she could be the original American indie darling... lol. (Unless I'm mistaken)

Last edited:
Top Bottom