• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The guide to texture editing for super smash bros!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Do these textures work online? If you made a bunch of uber looking chars could you play with them online? If so, that would open so many doors to personalize people your playing with. For exampe, you remember fighting this one guy who pwned you last week, you don't remember his username, but you DEFINATLY remember the black-shirt ness who did the pwning. See what I mean! Endless!

kuenzel

Smash Ace
That makes sense... STILL... maybe kaillera can make some sort of feature that pools all the changed textures together and lets people turn it on or off... *reads over what he just typed*
... Or maybe not...

Zantetsu

Smash Master
@Kuenzel

Kaillera is LAZY. They dont do **** and the favorite server list STILL isnt avable. How hard could it be?

ANYWAYS

Im working on a pack also. Its called :

Super Smash Brothers 64 : Gamecube edition

It will have things from melee and all kinds of stuff. So far im not even close to being done.
As of now im working on the main menu and character selection screen. Heres a sample of the menu ;P

More samples to come

Nephiros

Smash Ace
It fully works online using kaillera with project64k WITHOUT desynchs after settin' up some things (gotta rename the rice plugin to jabo7's name and config it to use hires texture and use smaller textures if possible, I'll make a short guide when I make a thread for my pack)

§ilverEcho

Smash Cadet
Ok, i put the BMGlib.dll in the emulator folder but when i downloaded the rice plugin thing but there are 2 files. I put the RiceVideo.dll in the plugin folder, but where do i put the RiceVideoDbg.dll? Do i put it in the plugin folder or do i put it in the emulator folder with BMGlib.dll?

§ilverEcho

Smash Cadet
Can someone please help me!! I put the everything in the right places. And when i dumped the nintendo64 logo at the beginning it worked. But i edited them and copied all of them and pasted it into the hires_texture then i started the emulator clicked Configure Graphics Plugin... and went to texture filters chose load hi-res textures if available and nothing happened to the logo. Do you have to edit everything in the folders ci_bmp, ci_bmp_with_pal_crc, ci_by_png, png_all, and png_by_rgb_exactly the same?? Because i don't know what im doing wrong, i did everything you said.

Also everytime i exit project 64k with the rice plugin (i have windows vista) and it says somethin like "Project64.exe has stopped working, Windows can check for a solution to the problem. The choices are: Check online for a solution and close the program or close the program.

WHATS WRONG!?!?!?

Nephiros

Smash Ace
There are many parts for the logo and if you're talking about the smash circle thingy, there are a lot of different ones - maybe you edited the one for the vs menu or another.

Make sure that "Use smaller texture if possible" or something like that in "current game options" is checked, too.

ShoeThief

Smash Apprentice
BHLMRO, (also answering SliverEcho's problem), you should mention that you need to put identical folders in the Hires_texture folder (or that's what fixed my problem).

Also, while playing with the rice plugin i've noticed the following two effects (even though I didn't edit them)
-Fox's lasers are invisible in the air (when they aren't in front of an object, only in front of the background)
-Round objects (such as pokeballs, bumpers, jigglypuff's sing) are all now oval shaped.

Nephiros

Smash Ace
Try congo jungle or dreamland for more good stuff.

And you only have to put them in hires_texture/SMASH BROTHERS/

§ilverEcho

Smash Cadet
BHLMRO, (also answering SliverEcho's problem), you should mention that you need to put identical folders in the Hires_texture folder (or that's what fixed my problem).

Also, while playing with the rice plugin i've noticed the following two effects (even though I didn't edit them)
-Fox's lasers are invisible in the air (when they aren't in front of an object, only in front of the background)
-Round objects (such as pokeballs, bumpers, jigglypuff's sing) are all now oval shaped.
So you have to make a folder in hires_texture called SMASH BROTHERS? Then in that folder make all those folders from the Texture_dump folder?

Nephiros

Smash Ace
nope, you're free to arrange your textures in the SMASH BROTHERS as you wish- make folders for each character or stage, whatever. As long as the files in there have the same name from texture_dump it's all good.

mask man

Smash Cadet
ok i have made the files added the RAR files to the plugin and normal PJ64K files but i dont see rices plugin in the grapic/vidoe plugin list in the options.
it could be that the programs are RAR and not dll but everyone else works fine with them.
id realy like some help here...is there a way to change them to dll?
i joined this fourm just to make this post...

ShoeThief

Smash Apprentice
So has anyone come up with a solution to the warped texture problems. Such as in congo jungle, dreamland, and random circular items? I also edited an image of fox (his char select screen) and now the image appears grey and warped/distorted.

Nephiros

Smash Ace
The textures in Congo jungle, Dreamland and also Mushroom kingdom (pipes) as well as items is simply a glitch with the graphic plugin, I believe. Just like the flat shields, fireballs, bombs etc from jabo7.

Maskman, get winrar at www.rarlab.com and open the .rar files with it to extract the dll files.

mask man

Smash Cadet
thx nephiros ^^
also i think i might know whats wrong with congo jungle and dreamland and such.
it might be that for some reason the game makers made textures for the intro and the battleing...like theres two of them.or more.a texture for the intro,one for everything else like VS mode,1P ect.VS and 1P might not have seprate ones,but training probly does becouse of the smash sign.(the circle with the cross)

EDIT:ok ive done everything,but the new ones arnt showing up.
the show hi rez thing is on,does it have to do with the files the images are in from?
ci_bmp,ci_bmp_with_pal_crc,png_all ect.
and you said when i click the texture dump i should see images,did you mean id see those files with images in them?cuss thats what im getting incass that has something to do with it.

darkaznzeero

Smash Rookie
Shape errors and then some.

Hey guys, what graphics options did you activate? My graphics are messed up; some objects have no color, some objects are fatter than usual (such as the hand cursor on the character selection screen), some objects' shapes are messed up (such as Mario and Luigi's fireballs being oval instead of circular), and other things. I currently use Project 64 v1.5 with Rice's Video Plugin 6.1.1 beta 10.

mask man

Smash Cadet
that just some effects from rices vidoe plugin.
jabos is kinda better,

oh also can someone help meh with something?
how do you make the outside of stuff on the new texture transparent?
cuss i made the curser hand give the player the middle fingure and theres a white box around it.
same problem in some other changes i made

Cyrus Falcon

Smash Rookie
"Now click video settings > Texture filters > Dump textures to files"

I can't find video settings.

bloodbane

Smash Rookie
Hmm.... I wonder if someone could do like iXi Customs did. They made a download link to a Project64k that was modified to use the Jabo D3D8 plugin as a default. I wonder if people could make a pack that has everything set up the way it has to be to use these new textures, as well as link to the some of the new texture versions of Smash.

Example: Neph posting a link that would let people download the SSB where Kirby pulls out Zangetsu. xD

Of course, my fear is that using a plugin other than Jabo online would cause lag (I used to use gln64 and it caused lag for me, even with everything closed and such... then I found that pack at iXicustoms and I've been fine ever since.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom