• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Greninja Community

T0MMY

Smash Master
So I noticed that each character seems to attract a certain kind of player personality. What's the Greninja crowd going to be like? Ninjas.
I'd like to get to know more about the people interested in primarily playing Greninja for the next game. If you feel like it go ahead and post a reply here describing how you see yourself.

For me, I am a curious and logical person and love to find out truths to dispel fallacies/deceit/darkness. This makes people who hide prefer the dark side attack me and I've grown very strong against bullies and other people who resort to violence or strength in numbers. So I have strong opinions, not to say stubborn ones, but strong ones I am willing to replace when a stronger view is presented and it may rub you the wrong way when I talk about things, but they are simply honest opinions and aren't worth anything more than any other persons' opinions. I love video games and am a big gamer, Smash is my favorite game and absolutely love the Smash Community so much and try to do whatever I can to support the scene so everyone has the chance to enjoy both fun and competition. I've been here since the golden era of Melee and won't be leaving.

I mained Pikachu/Jigglypuff in SSB because I loved Pokemon Red/Blue (tried playing Link because I liked the Zelda games too, but his recovery was LOL)
I mained Pichu because he was the cutest ever (went to pro bracket with him, something nobody else had done).
I mained R.O.B. because he saved the gaming industry by being a Trojan Horse for Nintendo to get the NES into stores and revived the entire video game industry.
So far I am considering being a Greninja main because I still love the Pokemon games after all these years, I felt like Pokemon X/Y was as much fun as playing Pokemon Red/Blue for the first time. Also, I am a ninja myself ;^)

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
As a person, I'm pretty quiet/shy usually, but friendly and kind as a whole. I don't like arguing and hurting people's feelings at all, but every now and then, someone says something that I strongly disagree with that needs to be refuted. I've only gotten into competitive Smash recently, starting in Super Smash Flash 2 around 2012, but I started playing Brawl in 2010 and played the fangame Super Smash Flash around 2008-2009.

I start out by playing with the characters I like, but then I start using characters I feel comfortable with as I continue playing the game. In Brawl, I started playing as Yoshi, but dropped him because I was horrible with him and experimented with other characters until I unlocked Sonic and Lucario. Recently after getting into standard competitive Smash, I picked up Yoshi once again and he is now my best and favorite character in Brawl. SSF2 (which I consider to be a legit Smash game) was the game in which I started playing like competitive players. Sonic was my first main, but my mains are currently Yoshi, DK and Captain Falcon in the game, though I can play all characters effectively thanks to many random matches. I downloaded Melee and 64 on my computer and play them through emulators (though I will buy both eventually). In Melee I experimented with characters like Yoshi, DK, Falcon, Bowser and Luigi, but I eventually realized that Dr. Mario is my best character. I am aspiring to make Mewtwo my new main, but I still kinda suck with him. I don't really play 64 anymore, but I just played Yoshi and Pikachu mostly when I did and casually. I seek to dual-main Greninja and Yoshi in Wii U/3DS, but I also look forward to playing as Lucario, Sonic, Charizard, Bowser and, if he comes, Mewtwo.

Greninja is my favorite Pokemon and behind Yoshi and Ryu Hayabusa as my favorite video game character, so I am ecstatic that he made it in the roster and am looking forward to taking over the world having fun with everyone using it.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Meh, I'm bored, sure I'll post in this topic.

In real life, and when not around people I know, rediculously shy. With friends, or just talking to anyone online, I do not get shy, but I usually listen, but sometimes will start convos. I'm more interested in hearing what people have to say, then to repeat myself a bazillion times to different people about something I do. I generally do what I can to help people out. My favorite way to help people out is helping them learn how to play a game, or just doing co-op games. I find the best times in life are when you are playing together with friends in video games.
I grew up with NES games, so I had to learn how to enjoy what I had, because of this I can extend the lifetime of a game and enjoy it for much longer than normal because I start to do things in the game that almost nobody does. Whether it be handicapping, or just simply not using the "meta" of whatever game I'm playing are a couple examples. So I'll be around for smash for a very very long time.
I have a tendency to want to master everything I know. So when I was a kid I would always play the hardest games, and was rather competitive. However, after a while I got so good that I could beat my old hard games pretty easily, and I could never find anyone to beat me in games. Newer games being easier didn't help either. So now I'm basically a casual player that can kick people's butts, and I learn new games very very quickly (it's amusing when I get to beat someone the first day I play the game, when they've played the game for months).

My favorite games change all the time. However lately I've been on 2 Nostalgic games. Super Smash bros (duh), and Mechwarrior Online (MW2 + Quake 2 took up a few years of my childhood).

When it comes to Smash 64, I only got to play Smash 64 for 1 day. On that day I grew to like Link because I've always been into swordsmen (Blame Meta Knight). Samus was mainly because her suit looked awesome and the massive charged up blast you could do. Also, Fox is the character I would love the most out of the smash cast for a very long time, he had a good outfit (and I tend to be more biased towards animal characters since humans are boring), he was fast, and had a neat gun. At the time of 64, I only knew about Mario+Luigi (didn't even know Yoshi), Kirby, and Pokemon. So after I played that day, overtime I would research little bits at a time for each character from smash.

Then when Melee came out, I got it pretty early. My planned main was Fox. However, I mained Fox and link for a long time until I unlocked marth, and then my main would swap between those 3 for a long time. Then after around 2 years Inoticed I didn't use Fox that much, and because I felt that if I was using fox, I'm going into "try hard" mode, since the only real opponents I could fight were level 9 computers. So Fox was no longer considered my main, but I would still do Fox vs Fox battles with no items on final destination because it feels so intense compared to normal gameplay. Link and Marth went on to battle for being my main for several more years, even after brawl came out. Link with his nice strong hits and projectiles. Marth with his floaty nature, using a long quick sword that has special tip damage bonus. In the end Marth became my #1 main, sadly I don't like using him in Brawl for some reason.
Mewtwo was going to be my main in Melee when I found out about him, and he was my favorite Pokemon when I was younger. Then when I started playing Mewtwo, 3/4 of how he played was nothing I was expecting, and he is one of the hardest characters to use well (and when fighting against CPUs, Mewtwo is one of the easiest to kill so they are no help in making Mewtwo look good). This was the first time a character I liked for being stupidly OP got nerfed so hard from where I first saw him (the first movie), so from now on I find most OP characters boring, because there's usually nothing else going for them. However, I still like Mewtwo because after a while I did some more research into him and found him to be cool in other ways, however I can't claim him to be anywhere near the pokemon favs now. Perhaps I just need to see him in his armor and re-watch the first movie or something. :bubblebobble:

As for Brawl, I only got to play it earlier this year, for like a month. maybe It's because of the hundreds of hours on Melee, but I love Brawl in every way except for Marth + Samus not feeling as good as they did in Melee. I haven't decided my mains yeah, but I've narrowed it down to 5.
R.O.B. - I had one as a kid. Totally pointless thing, but I didn't care, I loved the heck out of it, so nostalgia points there. Combine this with references to other robots I love like Johnny 5 from Short Circuit, Wall-E from Wall-E, and just me loving robots in general, he's just awesome. I like his awkward moveset as well
Pokemon Trainer - Mainly for Charizard, because I have a weakness for Dragons (and I don't know why I like dragons so much, I hate not being able to explain things). Charizard is a simple blank slate dragon with his design, except for the tail flame. Charizard is in my top 7 favorite pokemon. Squirtle was okay but repetitive, Ivysaur had such a weird moveset that I am interested in him, but only because of the moveset because I don't care for Ivysaur as a character at all.
Wolf O'Donnell - After playing Star Fox: Assault (only Star fox game I've played), I find Fox's personality to be incredibly boring. I've never cared for Falco. Wolf at least has the typical Anti-Hero badass thing going on. Wolf moves fast and hits hard, and is very awkward compared to Fox so I enjoy him a lot. I fear he'll suffer from the same fate as Melee Fox though.
Lucario - I got biased because of his movie, much like how I got biased by Mewtwo's movie.... Pokemon movies are really good at making me like pokemon I otherwise would probably have overlooked.... Considering Lucario is like a fusion between being a Jedi, a DBZ character, and looks like some jackal character, he is in my top 7 favorite pokemon. I love his gameplay in general, and I really like his Aura gimmick.
Link - I loved him a lot in Melee, and he seems to have his speed increased in general in Brawl. Watching videos of Izaw using link helped a lot when it comes to making me love Link in Brawl, Link is my favorite character to watch. Also, I like to abbreviate my name to Kees when I play smash, in reference to the Keese in Zelda (I made the name Keeshu before I even knew that too)

I was planning to main Meta Knight in Brawl, but I didn't main him for a few reasons:
#1 I always loved to view him as the character that will kick my butt if I face him, since in Kirby's Adventure (not the remake) and Superstar (dunno about the remake) he requires you to have rediculously fast reaction time to be able to avoid his attacks to the point where he's probably going to beat you if you didn't grab the maximum tomato before facing him. Playing as that character that I deem to be one of the hardest bosses to do perfectly is a very strange feeling.
#2 Supposedly he was OP. So I generally go away from characters like that since it will make me get overconfident, and get worse at the game, while pissing off people that care too much about tier lists.
#3 Meta Knight is surprisingly a very boring fighter. I expected him to be more entertaining because of how he is in the kirby games.

Pit was also another character I planned to make my name. He can fly, and he has a friggin sweet bow that can turn into 2 daggers. However, after watching part of a Kid Icarus playthrough, he's so "goody goody two shoes" and plays innocent so much that it hurts, which is something I never thought I'd say of any character. I suppose that's what you should expect from an Angel though. I like his gameplay, but I stopped using him because I had a tendency to spam arrows when enemies try to approach before attacking them with close range moves. I only stopped playing him because I got yelled at a few times for using the arrows to slow down/stop people's movements as they approached and then using a dagger attack, or any of the times in a casual match where I just snipe from the side of the map at whoever is in the middle. I'll try picking Pit back up again because if I like the gameplay enough I can overlook those 2 things (players complain no matter what I do anyways).

Sonic was another character that could have been my main. I love fast characters. However, due to his lack of reliable KOs, and his personality being one of the most unlikeable in the Sonic series, I don't think he'll ever be my main.

Ike, King Dedede, Captain Falcon, Snake are all characters I love a lot in small doses. DDD is hilarious, but too slow. Captain Falcon is memetic, and doing Falcon Punch only challenges is fun, but I'm not a fan of his moveset. Ike hits really hard and it feels so good, but he's just too slow. Snake, awkward character, but I have a hard time making myself do tilts as they tend to turn into smashes, but his explosives are so hilarious.

As for Newcomers in SSB4
:4wiifit:Wii Fit Trainer looks trolly, but probably won't use it. I don't care for the character
:4villager: Another Trolly looking character. Probably won't use, but it could be fun. Never played Animal Crossing
:rosalina:Possibly a fun character to use. However, subconsciously, I cannot get myself to stay on girl characters for long. When I play a character, I like to subconsciously pretend I am that character. My mind cannot comprehend playing as a girl (unless they make it "manly" like Samus's suit or shiek). This is the same reason why I can't play Wario, cause the thought of being a disgusting fat jerk is something my mind can't comphrehend. This is incredibly rare for me in video games, but certain characters just do that. Though, that's not everything, it's just the best explanation I can give. With that said, I have a feeling I'll be using Rosalina a lot, probably even more than the Ice Climbers, which I use rather often too.
:4megaman: Megaman looks like an interesting character, but I won't use him since players usually despise projectiles. Love the music and bosses from Megaman though
:4littlemac:Little Mac. Still not used to him being so huge (5'7" is huge compared to what he was before). I loved playing the old NES punchout game as a kid. However, Since I only played it a few times, and could never play for very long, I could only get up to Soda Popinski because he was so weird compared to all fighters before him. I never knew Star Punches were a thing either. Anywho, Little Mac is fast on the ground which I like. Poor in the air, which is very bad because I lot to jump a lot, perhaps too much. Don't care for the character though, I just love his game
:4greninja:Greninja is a fast+fluid ninja. He's not in the top 7 pokemon but I still like him a lot. I like Ninjas and characters that are fast. Sheik suffered from the Fox problem, but I didn't like Shiek as much as I did with Fox. I just worry that Greninja will suffer the same problem that Fox and Shiek had. Fast characters seem like I am turning on cheats, or I'm trying to be too competitve with friends, or something.
:4charizard:Charizard looks amazing so far. I can't wait to try him out. Glad he is free from his trainer.

I wrote a lot more than I was expecting. :applejack:

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
Hmm. Well, I suppose I'll post in this topic.

I would generally call myself a slightly introverted, but still rather nice individual. Because of being a bit introverted, I don't have a very large group of close friends. I really love to play video games, and I have a lot of favorites. There's Ace Attorney, The World Ends With You, Kingdom Hearts, Kirby, Mario, Pokemon, Sonic, Legend of Zelda, Super Smash Bros., Harvest Moon, EarthBound, Mother 3, and Super Monkey Ball. My favorite video game of all-time goes to Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. Mario was a giant part of my childhood, especially TTYD. I really hated Sticker Star, but that's a story for another day...

My first game in the SSB series was Melee, and I have over 3,000 matches logged into my copy. The story of my mains (Ness, Peach, Marth, Jigglypuff, Falco) is interesting. My first main was definitely Ness, and it was because of my interest in him that I got to playing the EarthBound series. It helped that his stage (Onett) has two of my absolute favorite songs in all of Melee, along with Fountain of Dreams. I started to then use Peach (can't remember why), but then I discovered that I was really good with her. Even after maining Falco, Marth, and Jigglypuff, I still play my best with Peach and pretty much decimated anyone I played against with her, including the computers time after time. Peach is my primary main in Melee. Jigglypuff and Marth are my Melee secondary mains, leading more towards Jigglypuff. Comboing into Rest after juggling opponents in the air is insanely awesome and fun (especially considering that Rest is insanely OP in Melee). I'm good with Marth as well, while Ness has kinda fallen to the side a bit. I still use him, but I'm not as good with him as I once was after mastering Peach.

I'll be honest, I didn't care much for Brawl. I still enjoy it, but nowhere near as much as Melee. I had just gotten so used (and mastered) Melee's play style that it was really hard to adjust to Brawl's slower and floatier style. I find that I don't enjoy the courses as much either with some exceptions (Shadow Moses Island). Nevertheless, I picked up a few new mains in Brawl, such as Toon Link and I vastly prefer Brawl Falco to Melee Falco. Peach still got regularly used by me despite her nerf (I still made her work), but thanks to Jigglypuff's insanely harsh nerf, she became unusable to me in Brawl. Oh, and tripping was the stupidest thing ever. Though I'll also be honest, I really liked the Subspace Emissary mode, as well as Brawl's AWESOME music selection.

I really adore Project M, though. Project M alone doubled my play-time for Brawl, and whenever I boot up Brawl now, it's pretty much straight to Project M most of the time. I really liked using Roy in Project M, and I loved Lucario's play-style change in Project M. So much so, that I mained him in Project M. Peach got all of her usefulness back, so I regularly used her once more. And to my complete surprise, I ended up maining Zelda in Project M as well, someone I've never mained before in the SSB series. Jigglypuff also got her power back, so she became a secondary main once again. However, I didn't love everything Project M did. I hated the changes done to Toon Link, and I wasn't fond of the 're-cloning' of Falco, since I vastly preferred Brawl Falco. Regardless, Project M still sees regular play.

I am psyched for SSB4. It really seems to appeal to both casual and competitive audiences, where I found Brawl very anti-competitive (especially the tripping). Removal of random tripping was pretty much the first thing I rejoiced about. Half of my mains in Melee/Brawl (Peach, Toon Link, Marth) are confirmed to be back, though I'm still waiting on the other half (Falco, Ness, Jigglypuff). As for the newcomers:

:4wiifit:: Pretty indifferent to her, though everyone's initial overblown reaction to her was hilarious. I'm glad Sakurai included her, but I don't plan to main her. Who knows, though?
:4villager:: Good addition, considering the popularity of the Animal Crossing series. However, his play-style looks too gimmicky and unappealing to me. I just don't like how he seems to play, though my sister plans to main female Villager.
:4megaman:: I honestly never grew up on Mega Man, though I do feel really sorry for the Blue Bomber's fans after how Capcom screwed Mega Man over. Still, for Mega Man's fans, I'm happy he's in. I don't plan to main him either, but again, who knows?
:rosalina:: Rosalina's one of my favorite Mario characters, and I was ecstatic that she was in. She looks amazing, and appears to be a very 'hard to master' kind of character. I'm definitely planning on trying her out.
:4littlemac:: Also indifferent to him, but I'm happy for Little Mac's fans. I have absolutely no plans to main him, though.
:4greninja:: Was absolutely shocked/ecstatic when Greninja was revealed. I love Greninja, especially in the Pokemon games, and I absolutely plan to main him.

OrangeJuice

Smash Rookie
NNID
Biastoise
:sheik:Growing up I've always been a very calm and humble person. I tend to keep to myself and really enjoy alone time. Of course I also spent a lot of time with friends and a large portion of our time spent together was playing Smash. There's no game that I go back to as much as I do with Smash. It's just a really fun competetive game and it doesn't matter if you win or lose all the time. My first experience with Smash was on Melee.

:younglinkmelee: I think the first character I grew attached to was Young Link. Maybe because I was Young at the time and could relate. He was also relatively simple to use.

:falcomelee: I started using Falco as I got more competitive. He just looks awesome and his dair is so satisfying. He took more challenge to learn but that's what I liked about him.

:marthmelee: Getting combos is one of my favorite things to do in Smash. Marth is great for that. He can juggle, keep opponents in the air. And that tipper. While I feel he's kind of easy to use, he's a lot of fun.

Later after moving on to Brawl and playing a bit of every character, I never really mained any character for too long. I played Toon Link just because of my attachment to Young Link and then moved on to Ness because I thought he was just amazing at the time and just fun to look at. I also played a lot of Falco and annoyed my friends with his chain grab which they had no idea how to deal with. Eventually my friends and I discovered PM and that's when I got even more serious and into Smash. I watched the Smash Documentary and started watching tournaments and searching up tutorials.

In PM I really like to play every character and develop my skills in all characters. But the characters I've definitely worked on the most are Lucario and Sheik.

:lucario: This character is really interesting. He was changed a lot from in Brawl which I was really happy about. His nair/ balarina kick is awesome to land. His aura game is very versatile. He's a more tech needy which was new to me and I enjoyed learning his moveset and play style.

:sheik: The next character I started using a lot was Sheik. I thought it was great that she was her own separate character at least of the selection screen. I liked the ability to chain grab with Sheik and combo. Sheik is so easy to combo with and extremely good off stage and edge guarding. Hardly used her and melee but PM really got me hooked.

Didn't really enjoy using Falco in PM for whatever reason.

:4greninja::substitute: Now Greninja is coming to Smash 4. There are no words. I don't think anyone was expecting this. I love Pokemon. It is one of my favorite gaming franchises next to Smash, Zelda, Animal Crossing and Halo. Greninja is awesome and all but I never expected him to be included in Smash. But holy magikarp. When I saw his reveal trailer, I instantly knew I would be Maining him. He reminds me so much of Sheik. His movement and playstyle just look like something I enjoy. Call me a Ninja if you want, but Greninja is undoubtedly for me.

:4villager:Like I said also really into Animal Crossing so definitely using Villager a lot. We'll see how he works.

Overall though I really like switching my mains from time to time. I find it hard to commit to anyone character but, I want to make Greninja mine and push him to his limits to see what he can do.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Alright why not?

I am a pretty funny person but also sorta shy around people I don't know.I got into videogames through older cousins and siiblings and then I got addicted.My parents get angry when I play a lot and it's annoying...

The first game I really got into(played some n64 mario party and SM64) was melee with my brothers and we would play it all the time in like 2003 but I would just use random characters and get my butt kicked all the time but I had a good time and was only like 6 so I wasn't very good.My first real main was Young Link and he was cool I loved all the different weapons he had and I loved sword characters.Roy was also cool(The PH1R3!)

Around the time I started playing Pokemon(Emerald or Leafgreen was my first I believe Leafgreen)My starter was a Charmander which evolved into Charizard and being 8 I thought COOL!DRAGON POKEMON!At the end of the game my brother was playing and he went to that cave where you get Mewtwo and after like 50-70 Ultra Balls,it was caught!I leveled it up to 100 and then I loved Mewtwo and he's now my favorite pokemon!Afterwards I played Emerald and Treecko was my starter(who I still had til about last year when I lost the memory card for pokemon coliseum(I was sad since I also had other things like Ampharos,Tyrainitar,3 Legendary Beasts...

Fastfoward after MP6 The Legend of Zelda Oot,Twilight Princess,Pokemon Diamond(Inernape as a starter) and Windwaker I started playing Brawl,loved the graphics,how Charizard was in the game but was sad when I found out Mewtwo,my favorite pokemon was not in the game anymore.I started maining Lucario and then Toon Link after I beat SSE and unlocked him.I used TL since I felt he was most like Young Link and Adult Link was trash.Snake was also good(them explosions)

In SM4SH I would like to use :4greninja::4greninja::4greninja:(He's Greninja!!!!!!!!!!),:4tlink:(Brawl Main),:4lucario:(Aura Buffs Mega Evolve Cool Aura Sphere),:4charizard:(First Starter,Giant Dragon,Favorite Mega Evo,DRAGON!),:4myfriends::4marth:(SWORDS!),:4littlemac:(KO!PUNCH!):mewtwopm:(MEWTWO STRIKES BACK!):4link:(64 Main,Swords,Melee Main),I'll try everyone but this are the ones I'm most interested in in this order:
:4greninja::mewtwopm::4link::4lucario::4tlink::4charizard::4myfriends::4marth::4megaman:

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
In real life, I am rather impatient and dislike it when things go on for longer than they need to. But in-game, I am a ninja-like force that causes my opponents to get mad and sloppy, capitalizing on a mistake and not letting up

KERO

Smash Journeyman
Wow, lots of shy people here. Well, add one more to that roster. Although in the past couple of years, that has tapered off quite a bit, I still prefer keeping to myself, albeit by my own volition rather than out of necessity thankfully. Of course, when I'm with really good friends, I'm a bit louder and more willing to let go of any inhibitions. Also, I got really inspired by a song called Kero ⑨ Destiny early in my Smash career, which is the reason for my tag. That said, frogs are my favorite animal, and I absolutely love Japanese culture, so my interest in Greninja certainly isn't unwarranted.

In my five years in the Smash community, I have grown to cherish our local Kentucky scene, and I want to continue to help it prosper as Smash 4 arrives. Honestly, without them, I'd have no sense of place. Being able to compete, talk, and form rivalries and personal friendships with them has really helped me become who I am today. I really do feel like that community has really helped me become an adult, and while I still have a ways to go of course, I'm definitely farther along now than I would be without them; I know no matter how hard I try, there's no way I can repay that debt, but I'll continue trying anyway.

All that said, Smash 64. I was like five when I started playing this one. Pokemon was awesome then as it is now, so of course I used Pikachu. Coming back to it later on, I decided to try Link but eventually settled on Kirby for the rare occasions that I play it (I do have fun with DK as well, though).

I was a little older when Melee came out, though not much. Discovering that I could directly control the most powerful Pokemon ever was absolutely astounding to my eight-year-old self. I also became partial to Falco because, in my own words, "Falco's lasers stun and Fox's don't, so Falco's better." Two years later, I could be found on the old Nsider forums repeating such nuggets of wisdom as well as proving that "Mewtwo doesn't stink" by linking a Taj combo video. Although I eventually made Falco my main (and he's the one I go back to when I play Melee), Mewtwo will always have a special place in my heart.

Then came Brawl. Initially, I tried out Lucario because, well... new Pokemon of course. Unfortunately, he didn't work out for me, so after a few months I dropped him for a beloved spherical bat. I also picked up a half-dozen other characters. It wasn't until one day I was fooling around on random that I happened upon Olimar. I realized that he felt fun to play without items on, so I decided to test something out: Oli vs Lv. 9 Ike 10 stock on FD. I seven stocked him. I immediately thought that I needed to main Olimar because if I could seven stock a Lv. 9 without prior practice, my Olimar would be so good with practice. Of course, I was twelve and hadn't quite waded into the competitive scene. I slowly began dropping my other characters in favor of Olimar, and eventually went to my first tourney in February of 2009. I had to leave early because my dad was impatient, but it was my first true foray into competitive Smash. Over the years, I got to know the community more and more as I began getting better and better until I became the best active player in the state (Judo being the only one to consistently beat me). I also happened to pick up D3 along the way because like Oli, he was extremely defensive. It was also during this time I figured out my preference for defensive play.

Oh, and for P:M, I use Ganon because of how powerful he feels, but I don't really play P:M much.

Now, as I said, I love frogs. So when X/Y had Froakie as a starter, I was excited. I was even more excited when his evolution, Frogadier was revealed. It looked so cool. A cool, agile frog. I finally got the game, and when I leveled my Frogadier to Lv. 36, I got Greninja. At first I was a bit puzzled by his design, but the more I looked at it, the more I loved it. A Ninja Frog that uses its tongue as a scarf. It sounds silly, but it just works for me.

Before X/Y released, though, Smash 4 was announced. Can't say I was impressed by the newcomers (Mega Man's awesome, don't get me wrong, but I've never been a Mega Man fan). Then after X/Y, I began believing that we'd have a Kalos trainer with Chespin, Braixen, and Greninja, if not, then Greninja alone. Although I was pretty positive the former would happen. Rosalina was announced, which I was pretty hyped about because of how she used the Luma. Didn't care much for Little Mac (but played the Punch-Out series soon after, which is incredibly addictive). But then, April 8th happened. I didn't get to watch the full trailer on the stream, so I thought it was just announcing Charizard alone. I looked it up on youtube, and the moment I saw Greninja, I freaked out. I can't remember another time that I have ever been that hyped for anything ever. Playing as my favorite Pokemon ever, a ninja frog. I could not wait for the game to come out, and I still can't.

Even though I still favor a defensive style of play, I may just have to branch out of my comfort zone to play with my favorite froggy, but that shouldn't be too hard; I've already done it once, so I'm just going to have to do it again.

(Sorry, got a bit carried away. I absolutely love writing stuff haha)

Last edited:
Top Bottom