• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Green Thunder 2.0 (Tourney this Weekend!)

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
So this is a clan right, and would want to enter some clan wars? If so have your leader PM me and ill send him a messages about a new exciting clan wars so you can decide if you wanta join the brawl. Only one clan per character though.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
A post that I don't want to waste space posting that you can see, what, 4 posts up?

Someone's been busy. I'll get all that stuff added, yeah.

lol Blanko , trying to add me without even consulting me first?

lol U phaiL!
XD Is that a yes or a no?

So this is a clan right, and would want to enter some clan wars? If so have your leader PM me and ill send him a messages about a new exciting clan wars so you can decide if you wanta join the brawl. Only one clan per character though.
Yes it is. Any suggestions guys?

EDIT: One last thing. I just told SonicMario that we'd join his alliance. If you have any complaints there was a chance to submit your opinion earlier and if you don't like it, tough. I doubt however, there'll be any complaints though, since you are all a easy to please bunch. Right? :bee:

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Played like risk I sent your leader a pm that has our original ideas about it some things have been changed but the basic idea is still there. he'll get around to posting it in here for you guys to talk about and what not

Magnacor

Smash Ace
Played like risk I sent your leader a pm that has our original ideas about it some things have been changed but the basic idea is still there. he'll get around to posting it in here for you guys to talk about and what not
Indeed I will.

It works much like the game Planet side if you ever played it if not heres how it goes.

We take a pix of the subspace map photo shop it so every clan has a different "home base" and put some lines "paths" between the markers (you can only attack a "territory" that is on a path which connects to one that you control, then try to take "territories" from other clans.

Every clan has some where that would suit there guy (such as we would have skyworld but say mario who has many would pick 1) when attacking a place controlled by another team deffending team picks the stage, but if attacking team wins they get the "territory". To get more stages you take a teams "home base" and get the stage that goes with it, but you aren't eliminated until you have no places left.

This way having allies and enemies would make more of a difference. Allies could work together to surround enemy clans.

Also there would be some neutral places that would need to be taken by clans that have paths that lead to it.

-Rules:
~The photo would be updated every week or so and every clan would have a copy of it.
~Clans would but half the members (this may require a cap on clan size) of offense and half on defense only offense can attack and only defense can defend (duh). As many offense players can attack 1 place as wanted but same with defense. Ex. 3 offensive pits attack a place controlled by a toon link clan with 1 person defending that spot each pit would take them on 1 at a time or do a teams battle. (This part might need to be changed)
~Honor code would need to be in place because teams would need to be talking ideas in there respective threads so no looking at others first page where plans and what not would be put by clan leaders.
~There might be more problems so let me know if you see any and we can fix it.
~Rewards: Bragging rights, if the mods would do somthing for the winners clan that would be cool too but I don't know about that.
I like it. I say we go. I doubt anyone has something against clans that actually do something.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Actually I like that idea of clan wars, you have normal play smash matches but now you also have added a strategy game to it as well. I would like to see how this idea develops.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
Actually I like that idea of clan wars, you have normal play smash matches but now you also have added a strategy game to it as well. I would like to see how this idea develops.
Yeah kind of like Super Smash Chess. I actually just read the rules and this sounds like a pretty cool idea.

EDIT: We're going to need land to call our own. They have to be places on the Subspace map. Also we need 15 members to participate so sign up now.

Folt

Smash Ace
Clan Wars...

Sounds nice, but unfortunately, I am european and have to wait for Brawl to come out
(which thankfully is only about a month now).

Magnacor

Smash Ace
lol at U,joJOjo,dude I putt you there casuse I know that you play with Luigi since melee.Be greatfull.:laugh:

PS:How the heck you became a smash Director???:confused:
I repeat for the third time, would you like me to add him or not?

@Folt, I'll go ahead and put you down anyway since the Clan Wars idea is still in progress. I doubt it will be up and running for at least another few weeks. Even if you can't play in our first battles, we should be okay.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
CorruptFate said:
HOW TO PLAY
Each clan picks there best 5 members with the least lag (US and canada would be the best). These 5 will be the players for that clan but the rest of the clan members will help with statagies and ideas on what teritories to take. Each clan is also allowed to have standins incase a player cant make a match. Each of the 5 players can make a move they can choose to attack or defend (you can only do one per round).
So I read the How to play part and this is kinda off a problem Magnacor. Are you going to choose the first five that posted they wanted to join or are you going to hold an Inner clan tournament to decide on which members to choose?

Magnacor

Smash Ace
So I read the How to play part and this is kinda off a problem Magnacor. Are you going to choose the first five that posted they wanted to join or are you going to hold an Inner clan tournament to decide on which members to choose?
Hmm, I heard there would be fifteen. Well, in that case why don't we consider that list I made, a sign-up sheet for the in-clan tournament. We'll have the tournament and maybe have another one every month so that way the list stays updated with our best players. Anyone have any gripes with that?

EDIT

Well here we see the map with all of the spaces we are going to conquer. As you hopefully are perceptive enough to realize, this is the Subspace map. We need to pick one of these spaces to claim as our own for the first round. So which one would we like?

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
pick 2 incase there is a dispute and tell me why you think that fits your guy so I can decide if say you and the mario clan pick the same place

Wtfwasthat

Smash Journeyman
Hey, i forgot, can u edit my FC on the first post, its in my profile, and I think I can particcipate in clan wars but it has to be after 3:00pm on weekdays :)

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I think space number 33 is the sweetest on the whole map. Why? It's like at the corner of the map so reaching us would be hard, plus there are a lot of other spaces to conquer on that area so we can set up an amazing defense and then later go out all offensive on conquering enemy territory. As they say the best offense is a solid defense. What do you think Magnacor?

Magnacor

Smash Ace
I think space number 33 is the sweetest on the whole map. Why? It's like at the corner of the map so reaching us would be hard, plus there are a lot of other spaces to conquer on that area so we can set up an amazing defense and then later go out all offensive on conquering enemy territory. As they say the best offense is a solid defense. What do you think Magnacor?
I was actually thinking of starting somewhere in Subspace as well. We also need to tell how it correlates to Luigi. I was thinking that we could say that Luigi learned the dark secrets of the negative zone while in Subspace. Maybe he has a Subspace bomb in his pocket! :bee:

EDIT: How about 28, Entrance to Subspace? That way, we should have enough time to get to another space, but still retain the story of why we chose Subspace.

EDIT AGAIN: Maybe we should synchronize our watches, so we don't post at the same time? :p Like I said, there has to be a reason we chose whatever place we choose and that's the best i could come up with.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I was actually thinking of starting somewhere in Subspace as well. We also need to tell how it correlates to Luigi. I was thinking that we could say that Luigi learned the dark secrets of the negative zone while in Subspace. Maybe he has a Subspace bomb in his pocket! :bee:
I have a better idea why not choose space 24 (to lower the chances of being cornered) and have members of our clan or allies go out from 24 to the outside and also members from or clan go in and capture all the spaces up to 33?

Magnacor

Smash Ace
How about 28, entrance to subspace? We need to have a reason for being where-ever and I think that Subspace is our best bet. At least on 28, we'll have time to set up our escape route. And we need to synchronize our watches so we don't keep posting at the exact same time. :p

Killer-Katnip

Smash Cadet
Acually his final smash is from super paper mario, Luigi gets possesed by some freak nemed dimentio who can (*gasp*) travel through different dimentions. one of them is a backwords place ware everything is opposite (the negative zone).

Also when will this tournamet be held?

Magnacor

Smash Ace
Acually his final smash is from super paper mario, Luigi gets possesed by some freak nemed dimentio who can (*gasp*) travel through different dimentions. one of them is a backwords place ware everything is opposite (the negative zone).

Also when will this tournamet be held?
WARNING! LECTURE APPROACHING! I've played through SPM and never did i see something that greatly resembled the negative zone. There was a place that reselmbled Subspace, but that's another story. If you're talking about Flopside (I think that was what it was called) then I have to disagree. The Negative Zone is more about things getting distorted and happenings that wouldn't occur in the realworld. Flopside was just all of the people in there acting opposite how they did in Flipside. The only real correlation between the two games is both project heads decided to make Luigi have a dark side.

Luigi's trophy description reads, "Luigi's Final Smash. As exotic music plays, he performs a dance befitting a sorcerous incantation. A barrier envelops him, negatively impacting all in his area. Random effects include getting launched, sleeping, moving in slow motion, tripping, fainting, and losing attack power. This technique is a reflection of the dark side he embraced in his brother's shadow. "

Apparently Sakurai believes that Luigi learned a lot of dark magic while he spent all his time being Player 2. Sakurai wanted to portray Luigi as his own character so he gave him his new Final Smash and tried to do a little character development (with all of those pictures of him with a baseball bat behind Mario, Mario dead, Luigi putting the moves on Peach (presumably in that order), etc.) It came from Sakurai. No where else. k?

*cough* Sorry, I had to post that. Well how about we put the tourney the Saturday after next week. People might be gone for Farther's Day.

JediKnightLuigi

Smash Apprentice
Hi, i'm new. Well, that's not my name of course.:laugh: BUT I digress...

So! if i decide to join, what entails being part of this clan?

Magnacor

Smash Ace
Hi, i'm new. Well, that's not my name of course.:laugh: BUT I digress...

So! if i decide to join, what entails being part of this clan?
Well, you get to say you're in a clan, you can use any of the sigs at the bottom of the first post of the first page, and you get to participate in the Clan Warz. We're actually having a tournament on the 20th too so you can join that if you want. If you decide to join, that is.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
How do I sign up for this clan war? ANd when is it? Sorry if I missed the post...
I'll take it that's an entry? Well we're having a tournament on the 20th to see who gets one of our five slots to be in the Clan Warz. Each clan chooses its five best people to participate. We're hosting a tournament to see who gets our spots. It will go on June 20th to the 21st. If you can't make it post now or forever hold your peace.

King_Peachee

Smash Journeyman
NNID
King_Peachee
3DS FC
3754-9306-5412
Well what are the times for the 20th and 21st? I'm open on the 20th anytime that is not between 3 and 8. Then on the 21st, I'm open in the early part of the day. And does this mean I'll be fighting against other Luigis? Cause that's awesome!

Top Bottom