• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Greatest Matches of All Time

Vist

Smash Champion
good stuff, area365.. that took me back :)

TG5 was pretty epic...like the first real clash of EC vs WC in the teams finals where Ken and Isai faced off against Wes and Hein. Then there was Azen facing off against Isai like area mentioned.

Game Over was kinda like round 2 of WC vs EC except with it being on the EC this time (side note: up until this general time frame, WC played with Items in tournament unlike the EC). Ken and Isai had a convincing 1st place in teams, then there was Chillin's upset vs Ken in the winners bracket, then Azen taking out Isai and losing to Ken in the end.

Oh yea and Azen vs Ken @ MLG NY Playoffs 06 was ridiculous

Hanniah

Smash Cadet
I don't know how long it's been posted, but that one post about smash history is great. Thank you for spending so much time writing it, I've learnt a lot about smash background.

Is there any way we couled upload those videos?

Area365

Smash Apprentice
Appreciate the love. I hope I got all the facts right, so feel free to correct where you see fit.

Anyway, I just thought many of the smashers who entered the game at the dawn of MLG were unaware of the humble beginnings of the Smash competitive scene - an environment mostly itself unaware of 10000 dollar purses and professionally sponsored tournaments. It's important to know where it all started, IMO, so that the Brawl community can thrive in the future.

If someone were to do like 10-minute documentaries on each match, with player interviews and testimonials in the style of sports reflections, I'm sure everyone would appreciate it. Rounding up the principals shouldn't be TOO difficult, but of course it's up to the director. Does BACH still make videos? He showed quite a knack for it and loved the Smash scene to boot.

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
That'd be great, also in a where-are-they-now sort of way. Would be great to have interviews with MattDeezie and Recipherus for instance, to go along with the featured tournaments and matches.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
I think i saw one of gimpys bowser vs. chus ICs that was amazing.

i mean, talk about low tiers as gods, like, this was an amazing match. to be honest though, i cant completely remember were i saw it but i know it was a while ago and it was an amzing match, can anyone else think of the one i am thinking of?

Top Bottom