• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The greatest lie you've told someone... and they believed it.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I middle school I worked with the Geography teacher to convince a kid Cuba was made up for learning purposes and wasn't really there.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
LMAO

You guys are all hardcore...

I (and a few fellow canadians) convinced Davypoo CAOTIQUE that we pronounce things differently in Canada when he first came here.

Home Depot was Home Dah Pot
Staples was Sta Please
Pharmacy was Farm a Key
Stuff like that.
Had him going for most of the trip, could never tell if we were legit or trolling.
Randomly if he said something we'd just go "That's how you say that? Weeeeird" and tell him how we 'say' it.

That's my best I think, and it wasn't really me >_>
hahaha, thank you for this.

BEES

Smash Lord
that i'm from germany

(meine letzte name ist Deutsch, aber ich bin nicht auslandsreisen, und ich spreche nur ein bischen Deutsch)

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I convinced a bunch of American guys on xbox live(the home of intelligence) that Ireland was one big mountain.

I then proceeded to tell them how anyone who was well off lived at the top and the poorer people were forced to live at the bottom cleaning up the rubbish we cast away via giant rubbish shoots.

After that I told them there was only 1 road that went up one side of the mountain and down the other.

One of them was like "Dude! I hope you live at the top, that sounds terrible"

I told him I did live at the top and that we even had a few poor slaves.

He was pretty disgusted.

Either that or telling people I'm straight. :glare:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I once convinced nearly the entire Science hallway of my school that there had been an attempted terrorist attack that used Dihydrogen Monoxide and that they needed to get out before they tried again.

The Chemistry teacher was, surprisingly, the only teacher not in on it, but she was constantly trying not to laugh.

Edit: Oh, and "Don't worry, I'm fine," is a good one too.

Top Bottom